Blind wishings

Guest IDxRogue Master

Guest IDxRogue Master

Well since I don't relly even Know what the full capabilities of the freeVersion yet

I call this Blind Wishing.

Greater Visual rang from the Bridge

I like the Idea of Increased difficulty in locating Ships with the Nuclear (or any other engine reactor)disabled using EMradar

Increased Role Playing and AI personal destiny(astonishing as it already seems to be)my example in an earlier post (that failed to laod transfer)was this: Commander(player) Has improved ability to interact with NPC's to the point where a commander with enough savvy could start his/her own organizations within the game by Convincing

other Characters to join his cause on and off the battlecruiser even being abled to define Ranking systems(maybe interfaced almost like bulletinboard thread formats or..) based on on the current Battlecruiser staff echalon with AI's being promoted or promoting themselves based upon world events and experiences around their lives. My example was..A (player)Commander decides to establish his own secret colony (for his future retirement and other purposes)He uses his character's savvy to convince (various) people to follow his "Cult" (think "Pirates!") and he maybe uses a captured freighter or some of his own shuttles etc to Load up the converts(some of which are converts of converts depending on the sociability/class of his early converts.Then he/she thinks back to an old nearly uninhabited planet or moon with a decent atmosphere. Deciding on an uncharted world he named Moon13 on an exploration tour a few months ago.Drops them off with a bunch of cloned personnel for a sizable population base,and selects/creates a command echelon for them to follow,hand picks the Command regime and appoints a cloned tacops officer to be ActingViceCommander(or whatever!)to act in his authority since He (player)plans to leave the system for further adventures.

He also leaves A Squad of Marines behind with Construction Orders to build a Starport facility on the planet.Carefully optimizing his population/Colony's _Priorities_template weighing it's unique mix of Character/classes etc with his own personal agenda (they will follow this template for as long as circumstances favor the player's authority in the system. (note: Removing Military designations from Character's would make the Population breed and grow faster,of course at cost of Loyalty.Clones not assigned to the BattleCruiser automatically Start off as Civilian versions of the occpationClass of their Origional but still loyal to the Master of the Region of space the live in.If your Regime is destoyed and usurped by a non loyal AI then the he assumes ownership of that Region,adopting your Regimes system if not an outsider or loyall to another faction in the game.IN my example I had the marines Lose Morale when they were having difficulty in building the Starport(the moon had no decent minerals and the Wicked commander left no Drones to help any how) also the lack of a full commander rank character in the system(at first)Made them lose disipline and Loyalty

Guest IDxRogue Master

Sorry I guess space is limited..

....the Marines Staged Coup when their Loyalty reached Negative levels they Killed the Govorner(actingViceCommander)and with the help of some disloyal System engineerClones, Halted their Constrution Orders...-interlog-The succesful Coup action Caused Regionwide Disloyalty slumps and experience points for "the disloyals"faction which in turn led to some AI's gaining higher rank levels.(in this case the highest Marine AI became a commander for killing or ordering the death of) the actingViceCommander Ai (among others),yet still your regime survives in individual ai's that remained loyal(not enough change in their loyalty points)some even survive the Coup de etat. Player's numerous Pilot clone militia held off the Marines from taking over completely and forced a retreat to the unfinished starport where...-end interlog-...and the new AI Marine/commander orders the construction of a shuttle to escape the moon and perhaps return to the nearest galcom region(to rat on your operation!)

(he could still be Galcom,etc loyal)

A loyal Clone sys.engineer with high subterfuge pts sabotages the shuttle. It explodes at liftoff.A strong Pilot AI restablishes Your Regime and Order is temporarily restored,but you'd better at least send a Probe to reassert your pressence in the Region Player!)Maybe You could set the Computer to alway's find a way to record event's concerning the player's assets Universally.My example used a Log system with each commissioned character carrying a personal log (some with video playback if equipped appropriately!)yknow something you could lift off a smoldering carcass and try to access.Sound Good? there was much more detail in my origional post (maybe thats why it didn't go through)so for the Sake of Mercy on readers and editor alike I better end this post now.

Oh yeah I also like the anyvehicle Create Vehicle Idea it's easy use a HUD creation template system for uncommonly accessed or user-vehicles.And provide such players with some version of the files you use to create the Current Vehicles etc.(like how Battlezone provides limited access to it's ODFfiles and such! just have a way of disabling or limiting it for Multiplayer gaming.

the End. Sorry so long (just think..I_had to type it all!!)

[This message has been edited by IDxRogue Master (edited 01-09-99).]