Planetary Bombardment & Ship appearance

Guest Nikolai

Guest Nikolai

Here are 3 suggestions, 2 gameplay related, the other cosmetic.

-Permit, if the BattleCruiser has the proper

upgrades (in other words don't make it a default ability, make it a reward for continued survival and credit accumulation) allow the Battle Cruiser to target and bomb enemy bases on planets from orbit. Rather than merely have this work all the time, you could make targeting difficult (so that you are in danger of hitting your own planetside forces) or allow enemies to have bombardment defenses.

I got this idea from Rebellion, a much underated space strategy game.

-Also it would be nice if we could build bases on planets, generate a few tanks and leave those people behind to continue holding the planet. A radio alert could inform us, on board the BC as we continue traveling, if they are under attack, in which case we could hi tail it back to the planet or send our interceptors back to it. We could even leave our interceptors there to begin with and head back to a starbase to buy replacements to keep with us on the BC. That way the planet would be under better protection.

-Now the cosmetic suggetion. I would really like it if the Battle Cruiser in 3020 looked completely different from the one in 3000. I think the narrow cigar look is not the most attractive. Something incorporating a saucer shape or half moon shape would be nice. Somehow get a star trek beauty without being so similar that anyone can point a finger.

Guest Nikolai

Oops,

I just got to that portion of the manual revealing that orbital to surface bombardment is already implemented in BC 3000 AD v.2

Sorry about that. I'll hold off on further suggestions until I've finished plowing through the manual.

This would fit under the ship appearance category.

Don't know how feasable this would be but here goes. This is more of an eye-candy and player personalization than anything else. In BC3030AD single or mutli-play allow player modification to the BC external that would:

1- will display the ship name (limited to xx characters) on either the BC's starboard and port bow, or atop the bridge exterior. With the players affilication; ICV, GVC, EVC, etc...

2- allow for the import and pasting of the commanders fleet/wing/ship insignia. Limit the insignia to a xxx by yyy .jpg/.gif/.tif etc.. 8/16/24 bit format. Insignia could be place on the BC's Two Rudders (Solar Panels?). Nothing fancy per-say but an "icon" that would be simple but distinctive.

I realize that this may be diff with 3d texture rendering and pallet, et-al. Think of cruising in m/p patroling in realitively peaceful part of the galaxy when ships hyper/jump in from out of no where bearing the skull and bones of the infamous Corsair Wing. I can see the commander trembling in his spacer suit checking...

Anyway just a thought.

Gallion

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 01-12-99).]