somthing for 3020

Guest Vorg

I'll most likely get flamed from SC about not reading the docs again for this but, here is something I'd like to see for 3020 (no point wasting time trying to patch it to v2).

More clickable areas in the main viewer. For example the TACSCAN has several modes plus zoom functions, so add buttons around the edge for SPC/AIR/GND (which ever applies at the time), SUL, STT, + (zoom in), - (for zoom out).

Also, for the TACSCAN main display area, use blip size to show range. Targets over, say 500 or 1k would all be small, period sized dots. For closer objects the dots would grow larger as the target got closer tell they are about the size th

ey are now for when they are < 1 away. Goto shapes for other info: Square for curently targed, Triangle for FATAL targets. By making distant blips smaller, it would reduce some of the clutter and overlap of blips. If you wanted to maintain

size for range on targeted and FATAL blips, when the target moves away, it would become a dot inside a small square/triangle wire frame.

For more complex sub options, a drop down menu, example a button labeled select which drops down with the options closest attacker to target, closest attacker, closest enemy, previous, next,nearest in LOS, next in class, previous in class.

I know this is meant to be a VR display with no real buttons, but it has clickable areas now, so think of them as VR touch areas and picture the captain sitting there with this visor over his eyes waving his hands and poking at the air smile.gif