Meet the Starion MK3 Battlecruiser

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, since you showed a pic of the landing gear, and mentioned the surface of planets, here is a question that I want to ask.

Will the surface terrain look much better in 3020 than it did in 3000? I'm not just talking about higher resolutions, but more about the polygon count. So will the terrain have "rolling" hills more like the beautiful snowy hills of "Starsiege: Tribes", or will it look like a bunch of triangles?

-David

No comment on the terrain. You have to see it to believe it.

Also, I find nothing wrong with the current terrain 'look' under Glide. The reason it does not look as good as Tribes, is because it is made up of 8-bit textures and is deliberately coarse for speed improvements reasons. When it was written back in 1996, I was deluding myself that the game would perform well on a P90. The terrain has not changed since. It is now 1999. Think about that for a minute.

And it does have rolling hills, crevices, canyons etc. If you haven't noticed, its because you haven't looked. And if you've looked, then you must've either (a) had your eyes shut or (B) running software on a crappy video card or © you have a blind dog.

There is nothing special about the Tribes terrain, nothing...just high res textures on a generic map.

I am not saying anything about PTE-II until I have screen shots. Needless to say, it rocks.

Also, for those of you fishing for comments like this, flight model, PTE-II etc, remember these things (a) I'm getting better at ignoring/closing threads (B) I only divulge info/pics as I see fit. No point in wasting your time asking.

I don't just say things until I know that I can back them up. If I told you that the PTE-II technology puts everything else out there (I am not even including Tribes in this mix because it is generic) and that you will be floored, you will simply ask for screen shots and that crap. I will release them when the time is right. I already made one thing painfully clear, BC:3020AD is graphics marvel and the main focus is on its advancements. The 45 or so features are just what they are, features and updates because the engines have already settled down. Now, we have hardware only kick-ass graphics that'll make your head spin. What you see in the BC is nothing compared to what is going on back here. Nothing.

I have an idea for the Insurgents that might work. I'll set up a separate FF scenario (like I do now) that requires the aspiring Insurgent to steal a prototype from Epsilon V (the name of an entire city in space and located in the new galaxy) base. He'll simply have to fight his way there, disable the craft, target it and go through the normal capture routine used for stations. If he succeeds then he'll be switched to the ship and his current ship scuttled.

Just and idea I'm toying with. Besides, getting into Epsilon V is a bitch, especially if the protective dome is up.

Quote:

Epsilon V (the name of an entire city in space and located in the new galaxy) base.

S.C

Drooling in an retarded daze.......

need I say more?

Besides, getting into Epsilon V is a bitch, especially if the protective dome is up

Protective dome. Wow, looks like the insurgents won't be able to get the Starion

B.C after all smile.gif.

CMDR S.Phish

GCV Cap Of Delight

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 04-19-99).]

Just say the word Rattler, and I'll enlist my sorry career in spy school. Unleashing inside information to the Insurgents, make friends with the SC and then sta- er... maybe we should discuss that over private channels?

------------------

Commander in training Parias

ICV-Galatae

"I took this job because I love to blow sh*t up!"

DDAAMMNN.......... (sigh) whoooo hoooo.......

Hey I..... just can imagine starting off in you Battlecruiser you know..a normal space day for you and you crew and ALL OF A SUDDEN!!!!!!! Galcom needs you help an invasion of earth has taken place next thing you know you put you ship on red alert you send 20 millitary men as you watch them walk through the perscan 3D..3D folks as they go to the shuttle for planetary offensive actions...you take command of the Masterpiece shuttle that was put together as you glance back and see the ...BEST DAMN BATTLECRUISER AND SHIP THAT WAS EVER MADE FOR MANKIND.. then after you take you shuttle to where the troble is you take countrol of one of the marines you watch you team mates as the wild battle of lasers flying by if full blown 3D and the action of watching you team mates firing back at the enemy......the story continues in my emagination

This is what I haft to say about it when I first heard of BC320AD and the new features it was going to have I litterley just passed out the drool seping from my mouth to hit the key board and just hearing that that will come true was just... startling and its just GREAT ITS THE GOD OF GAMES THE GOD OF THEM ALL FIRST PERSON VIEW OF WARS THAT ARE GOING ON SPACE FLIGHT PLANETARY FLIGHT its just damn to great to be true.. All I would haft to say is that SC you doing one hell of a job and by making everone drool over this and the ship modles being as good as it is PLEASE don't let us down.. this game is great. Now to get some exitement out let me bang my head agenst the wall a few...ow....ow.....ow.. ahhh ok I think that is better.

The ship modles are great the games discription is great the whole damn thing is just plan and simple GREATTT..... And I have a few question what are the sys. requirements because I want to know if the grafix would run good at a high resolution on a P-II 400 with 64megs ram and a 16meg Direct3D card and I BEG YOU PPLLEEAASSEE PLEASE LET THERE BE SUPPORT FOR A DIRECT3D CARD THANK YOU SO MUCH for producing a game that will be I think the god of games....

Guest John Christiansen

I was wondering what other new ships will there be since there would aleast some new ship designs between 3000 and 3020. What other new ships will the other races get?

Guest Jeriko

Hey I've got enough ships to redo without having to worry about new ones okay? smile.gif As I joked with Derek over the phone - what will be next - a request to make the Interceptor transform into a robot? smile.gif

-Jeriko

There won't be any new ships. We are concentrating on retexturing the existing object database. The only new models will be all new surface ones for threats, city building etc, as well as a few stock entities for creating cities in space.

The Starion is the only new ship in the game. The other ships will get some sort of facelift at Jeriko retextures them. Some will be replaced entirely but at this point, I don't know which yet. Don't ask.