Starion MK3 Deck Layout

Supreme Cmdr

Was going to post this in the other thread but with 86 posts, would take too long for some readers to load.

Anyway, the deck layout for the Starion and used for BC:3020AD revised locations and the Strike Pak BC add-on, are now online on the screen shots (see below too).

In case you were wondering, The Last Outpost is a recreational (read: booze+pickup joint) area. The new AI logic will also have a fully modeled bar room brawl logic in which people will take minor injuries (but not get killed). Though personalities are not modeled (BC:3030AD maybe), barfights will erupt at random depending on a number of factors which can include the number of marines, personnel in that location as well as their FF levels. If any officer is in there, bar fights won't erupt and if one is in progress and an officer shows up, folks will be incarcerated (sent to detention hold) at random. This is going to be fun. smile.gif

The Forward Command is the second level of the Cmdr's Quarters and is where he meets with his officers and carries out other tasks when not on the bridge.

www.bc3000ad.com/images/screen_shots/bc3020ad/bcdeck1_top.gif

www.bc3000ad.com/images/screen_shots/bc3020ad/bcdeck2_top.gif

www.bc3000ad.com/images/screen_shots/bc3020ad/bcdeck3_top.gif

www.bc3000ad.com/images/screen_shots/bc3020ad/bcdeck4_top.gif

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 04-27-99).]

Kewl!

Bathrooms? *G*

Toilets could reduce some Fatigue Factor...but then we'd have too many potty breaks. In the spirit of efficiency, all BC personnel are caterized *ouch*.

(just having fun, we all know the new airlocks double as bathrooms *G*!)

If I had to guess, I'd say that the bathrooms are located in the troop, personnel, and officer's quarters, with the commander getting a private one for himself( probably with a wirlpool bathtub on the Starion for "entertaining visiting dignitaries")

Does our favorite Combat Officer have to count as an officer? I can think of little more fun than getting him involved in a drunken brawl, and then arrested. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Badgerius, GCV Diligence

Ok, we are drooling with the textures and the Strike Pak level for the Starion MK3 BC, but let's not forget that the player will start with the Constellation Class MK2 BC. It is thus important to have this ship well modeled (it could be the same level as for the Starion BC) and kick-ass looking because when the people start trying BC3020, this is precisely what they will see.

------------------

See you out there, among the stars

Cmdr Nava, GCV Nemesis (Official BC3k tester)

That is just way too cool. smile.gif I'm trying to make a composite of these pics in my mind. It's just too cool.

So from the pic of the VTOL bay it must span all three decks. The bridge is big but nothing compared to the VTOL bay.

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"Contemplates RP oppurtunities" smile.gif

Bathrooms, you are too good Tac!!! smile.gif lol

Am I going to be able to assign Marines to certain areas? Detention is right across from the research lab, If Jo Lanix is working on something, I don't want her attacked or otherwise disturbed by some crazy escapee from the detention cell!! It may be something important like a randon device, I don't want some escapee running in, injuring her and taking off with an artifact. I would love to assign 2 marines to her to make sure she is not rudely interupted, or at least has time to put the artifact away and get out in one piece. smile.gif

But it looks great, as usual SC. Good job!! smile.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Excelsior

This is not just a game, It's a life unto itself!!

Would he have to be relieved first? Or would the bucket head just wander off when he felt the need?

Just curious cause I have the sneaking suspicion that at whatever point he had to take a quik break would be the one time I really needed to have him there.

Cmdr Bad Mojo

GCV Vae Victus

Now that guard feature is something I've always been wanting. It ticks me off when intruders board and make straight for my nice multi-million dollar Shuttles and Interceptors and take them out for a joyride. I can see their face in 3020 when a couple of intruders round the corridor heading for the flight deck thinking they're going to steal a shuttle, and are greeted with 10 marines in ready position with weapons shouldered.

By the way, does making a marine "hold it" for extended periods of time significantly increase his FF factor smile.gif

------------------

Commander Parker

GCV Armistice

I always just put Marines in my shuttles, so that they could be launched quickly, and so any intruders who get in to take a joyride get more than they bargained for. That and cutting power to launch control usually keeps the shuttles in my possession.

------------------

Commander Badgerius, GCV Diligence

Guest Myownself

Barfights? LOL!

Personally I think that's a waste of programming time, but I guess that's just me. I'd rather see mutiny AI logic, but do what you want, it's your game...

Is this the same Myownself who was posting a couple months back? It doesn't sound like it. Not at all.

Mutiny logic? And what would cause the mutiny? A barfight is much more probable in my opinion.

But think what you want. It's your brain.....