Meet The New Shuttle

Supreme Cmdr

umm... w00f! That's a beut alright. Can't wait to get behide the controls of that sucker and ram someone with it! Bet it'll pack a wallup! Thinking about it is enough to make one wanna chunder!

heh.

Great skin job, btw. And if that's an in game shot, and not a render...

Please, enclose a wet-nap in the box for 3020. I think we'll need it.

Bad Mojo

[This message has been edited by Bad Mojo (edited 04-30-99).]

REALLY GOOD!!! Keep up the good work Derek!

(I can see mojo making another ramming discussion out of this thread ;-) )

Robert Martin

GCV Dark Knight

[This message has been edited by Rm (edited 04-30-99).]

From the 'controlling marines'-topic:

quote:

Can you ram troops that are EVA?

and from this topic:

quote:

... and ram someone with it!

Ok, since this is a wishlist forum:

RQ: Can the shuttle (and/or BC) get windscreenwipers?

Rico

Guest Den Dee

RP(?)/ "...send more engineers to scratch that goddamn Galcom sticker off our shuttle! I don't want to look like an idiot in front of my pals on Sygan" /(?)RP

A bit of a prob i think...

Den Dee

ICV KPY3EHIIITEPH

Bad Mojo, that is a 1024x768 render of the object as is on a backdrop screen shot from the current v2.0x game. There won't be any visual difference between what is rendered in 3DS MAX and what is in the game because the same 16-bit textures and the model are used. The game will run in 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 in full 16-Bit.

So, I don't understand your question.

Ya see, that's just goes to show how much of a bad@ss you really are. Ya didn't even understand my question, but still managed to answer it. rock on.

Forgive my poor attempts at humor. This sorta thing happens after watching dr stranglove a coupla times in a row while trying to qual a new BIOS on W2K with office2k. WHQL >THIS< BayBEE!

I feel... dirty.

Guest REAPERMAN

All I can say is this just keeps getting better an better.

------------------

JOE BARRETT

Commander

GCV-DEMON

Guest giorgio

Absolutely stunning SC. smile.gif

I am now going to search for news about the 3020AD release since I can not bear this wait any longer. Hehehe j/k.

But it looks like this is going to be the game of the year. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by giorgio (edited 05-02-99).]

Beautiful!!!

But don't forget that we also need to retexture the Galactan BC and its support crafts. It's important to catch the players eye from the beginning or many of them won't go much further. Don't you think so, SC?

------------------

See you out there, among the stars

Cmdr Nava, GCV Nemesis (Official BC3k tester)

Do you realize that you have made a TRUCK so beautiful that all of these guys are drooling over it? Now THAT is a pretty big accomplishment if you ask me.

Just for the record, I want one, too.

------------------

Commander Badgerius, GCV Diligence

Awesome!

Hey, any thoughts on introducing an Armed Shuttle to the game? In Multiplayer those landing zones are gonna be HOT! And... wait... one of the voices in my head is saying something about "3020 feature list is closed"... wonder what that means... *G*

oh, and from what Den Dee said, I think it would be cool to "paint" the name of the player's BC in the shuttle... like a big "GCV DEMON" painted to the left of the "03" in that pic. How this is done? No idea, im just an annoying wisher. :-)

Anyways, wonderful job on this shuttle... its my new wallpaper! :-).

Guest Jeriko

About the shuttle - arming it wasn't in the specs sent me (I believe I asked about it as well). And there was a guy in another thread who suggested it have a spotlight on it - somewhere around the nose area. I'd just like to say that things like that use extra polygons and in a bay that needs to hold four shuttles, four ICs (and their landing gear), four ATV's, and maybe a few marines walking around I'm trying not to add to the polygon count much.

That having been said - I wish I could add a spotlight. smile.gif But who knows... No one has seen the ATV except me. smile.gif

-Jeriko

A spotlight would be cool, but I see your point about ploygon count. As I recall, the Interceptor has IR imaging for use in night ground ops. Why not add that to this shuttle. Call it a "Special Ops Shuttle" or "Landing Craft - Combat" or something.

Oops, took too long to write, I see.

Hey SC, what's with the S7 on the side of the shuttle in image4? Image1 had a 03. Don't tell me that the number on the side of the shuttle can be dynamically changed at actor generation. That would be too cool!!

(Mental note: it could be nothing at all...)

------------------

Commander Badgerius, GCV Diligence

Looking good. Just needs a bumper sticker on the back that says:

• If you can read this, you're TOO DAMN CLOSE!
    Bump...bump...bump..."We've run out of combat kits."

smile.gif

-------------------------

Cmdr Pherrett

GCV-STRATOS

[This message has been edited by Lynx Pherrett (edited 05-04-99).]

I make all design decisions, so you guys don't even think that you can get Jeriko to even start thinking about spotlights, rabbits feet, dice and all that jazz smile.gif. If you want to personalize your crafts, you'll use the advanced GBS to do it. In fact, there's no reason why you can't do it now in v2.0x. All you need is to do is use TED and retexture for instance, the bcruzmk2.3d model and....ah sh*t, lemme quit while I'm ahead 'cause I can smell another tutorial.

As for the numbers on that shuttle, when I saw the 03 in the first shuttle texture, I told him to remove it because some of you nuts would expect each shuttle to have markings...boy, was I right. I don't have any intentions of putting in multiple models or dynamic texturing because it would be more work and then I would need 12 models if each of the support ships had their own numbers etc...then there's that little issue about ..the feature set being closed

i want my BC mkIII to be called the GCV We Have Intruders On Board.

Oh, I don't blame people looking into everything. You give us little tidbits to tease us, and we practically blow our loads (Sorry guys) looking at every single pic, so we try to find out more. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the suspense, and the fact that there will be more to 3020 then we could ever imagine has got us all wondering "Well, what does that picture mean? What does that thing do? What else isn't he showing us" Hell, i feel like a little kid again, being shown pictures of disneyworld or something.

This is amazing, though. I've never been so psyched for a game to come out. This is honestly on par with the Phantom Menace anticipation. I mean, that's a movie, but this is a whole WORLD that we haven't seen. And I know the rush of playing 3020 (for hours and months on-end) is going to eclipse the rush of seeing a two hour movie.

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Belial (edited 05-04-99).]

No need for a tutorial chief, you've said enough, we'll figure it out (hopefully) *G*.In any case, who knows? That costumization may come avaliable in a patch *duck*

Lynx: Mojo needs some of those tags. "I break for nobody", "Outta my Way" "Watch out!" LOL!

Belial: True, very true!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Antti Junkkari

!!

!!

!!

.....!!!

I'm out of my words!!

!!

I saw them now, and first minute I looked at those pics, I couldn┬┤t do anything else than to just stair at them my mouth open.

Supercool, Derek!

------------------

Cmdr Junkkari at GCV-Karhu

Orion Fleet Leader

www.orionf.pp.fi

"Stand like a man!"

[This message has been edited by Antti Junkkari (edited 06-02-99).]