BC Flags

Chris Blair

Now I am wandering now I haven't seen anythang that has what I am about to eather segjust or just to see if the idea already excests.Can you change sides like from Gal Com to Terren Insergent (OR) change FLAGS?

If not well isn't it a good idea if you wanted to?Say that you have gotton fed up with Gal Com and Tarren Insergent and just wanted to be WHO you wanted to be in other words ON (YOUR ONE SIDE).Woulden't that be nice???

------------------

You mean that if you start a game being a Galcom lackey and after a few days in the game you decide to quit the job and be on your own?

Think about it for a second... you trained for YEARS in Galcom Academy, studied hard (ok maybe not), and raised through the ranks to FINALLY become a Commmander and get your own ship...and you want to quit? Interesting career move.

IN 3020 you will be able to be a merchant or some other castes, then you would be "on your own". (right SC?)

------------------

Fleet Commander

Daniel "Tac" Londono

GCV Usagi

=Wraith Fleet=

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

TAC-No that is not what I mean what I mean is that IF you wanted to like in the setup just right before you make your first save game you can be a Tarren Insergent right?

Well to go on what if you deside that Gal Com isn't doing thangs right and you deside to Inserect agenst them for there rong doings.What I mean is that at first you have a green flaged name that means you belong to Gal Com but what if you Inserected agenst them you would be an enemey agenst them like in Star Trak Inserection there was not much of a war agenst the Federation but there was.So you change sides to revolt agenst them and you change the colar of your name to purple or somting like that that can give them a notice that you are now agenst them.

Or ok even better what if you wanted to own faction and you pick your allies and enemies so you have even more but total control yoour foorces and NOT GAL COM's "YOURS" your own armey not control someone elses and I know you would need to find followers.

[This message has been edited by Chris Blair (edited 07-27-99).]

Chris, these question seems to belong in the New Commander's Forum.

"So you change sides to revolt agenst them and you change the colar of your name to purple or somting like that that can give them a notice that you are now agenst them."

That is what happens a minute after you start the game as an Insurgent. You are a Galcom ship that turns to the Insurgency. Please pay more attention to the game.

"Or ok even better what if you wanted to own faction and you pick your allies and enemies so you have even more but total control yoour foorces and NOT GAL COM's "YOURS" your own armey not control someone elses and I know you would need to find followers"

In v2.0 you cant do that.. in 3020 I believe playing as some other caste MAY (and I repeat MAY!) allow you to have "your" forces. As far as picking allies and enemies, that is defined by your race/caste. (not sure if they can change as the game progresses.. SC, some light on this?).

Pass these Questions to the New Commander's forum buddy..you are asking stuff that shouldnt be in "Product Development News".

Cheers!

Last say from Derek was that the single player game would be GALCOM only, flying different classes of Battlecruiser. However, in Multiplayer, it is possible to choose from a number of military castes (which would include Raider, or any of the other aggressive castes in the manual). Doing so renders you as an opponent just like you see enemies in the single player game.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

------------------

Commander DeSylva

GCV First Light ISS01 -=- ISS Fleet Coordinator

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss/

Official BC3K Tester and Blind Man With Sleeves award winner

"Serve - with honour."

The ability to select a career other than Galcom is currently available using GBS. This may or may not change when 3020 becomes available, but to my knowledge, the 3020 GBS will remain intact. So you will probably have the same command set. I'll setup a post in the GBS area, If anyone is interested in starting a BC3000 game as one of the following castes, An opening script will be available.

Currently availabe caste: Military, EarthCOM, Police, Raider, Insurgent, Assassin, Mercenary, Criminal, Explorer, Colonist, Scientist, Diplomat, Trader, Paramedic, Worker, Commercial, Journalist, Tourist or Hacker.