New BC3020AD Ship Shots

Supreme Cmdr

SC-That strike pack is really going to take up a lot of playing time. There are hundreds of hours just exploring the inside of the Battlecruiser. Those weapons look awsome. I only hope that if you miss your target that you don't breach the hull. Nice work guys, luv it all. Just counting the days.... smile.gif"><P>------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#48334198

GALCOMPRIME

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

I love the cargo bay shots. I can see myself spending many an hour there, watching my systems engineers scurrying around retrieving parts for the systems that I "accidentally" damaged wink.gif

Or a perfect backdrop for an intruder skirmish. I just need to draw them into there where I have 10 marines spread around the top level saying "Invade my beautiful ship will you?"

Can't wait for the new MK3

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

[This message has been edited by Ben Zwycky (edited 10-21-1999).]

SC If you make a bc 3030ad and the player can change between flying the battlecruiser and walking around the ship in first person will the actions of NPC's still be scripted or behavioral? I ask this because i think you said that if there was going to be a bc3030 you would try and make it so when you were in first person on the ship it would be in rt with the universe out side the ship.

If the strike pak is not going to be in a Bc 3030 (assuming you decide to make a 3030)and it is all in one system it would probley be cooler for if there actions were behavioral. but in Bc 3020 since there is nothing happening when your in srike pak mode the non combat NPC's are not that important and probley work better with scripted actions.

Uh.. i hope this question make sense. sorry if it doesn't

Makes sense to me anyways. I was under the impression that even in BCM the FP module NPC's would be behavioral and be carrying out regular ship duties in realtime 3D. That however is more important to me than the FP shooter element. Good question though. I want both =)

------------------

CMDR Kurt Meyer

GALCOM Prime

GCV-Avernus

behavioral does not equal scripted. When you talk about behavior, you think about NPCs doing something they are programmed to do. Not scripted. The NPC ships for instance in the game do not have scripted patterns. The script only introduces them to the world and their internal AI takes over and determines what they do. Even when do have control to their level 2 AI, their internal level 1 may override your instruction to a degree.

In the SP, this is not possible because it would be too expensive to do, the engine won't be powerful enough to support it and the entire ship is not loaded at once. So, you can't drop an NPC medic in the medibay and have her run all the way from there to the bridge if someone is injured. You can do that internally (as is currently done) but in 3D, it opens up a whole new can of worms. Of course you can do it by triggering an event that causes an NPC medic to come to a location when someone is injured. When she gets there, what she does and how she does it, is scripted by animation playback.

In the SP, the engineers or medics will run if there is combat in their location, they will cower in corners, hide behind structures etc. They will remain in their locations, i.e engineering, medibay, bridge etc with scripted movements determining what they do there (sitting, walking around, gazing at consoles etc). All scripted and directed by the AI instruction sent to them. They can't do any of that on their own.

During combat, the NPC marines and intruders do the same but they are either fighting, ducking, changing weapons, seeking ammo, fleeing if injured etc.

The engine's sole purpose is to reduce the amount of NPCs available on screen at any one time. Having them run around, in 3D, at will will bring the engine to its knees. So, even if there is no combat going on, you will see NPC activity going on in the ship depending on where you go. You can't interact with them...until BC:3030AD when we develop our own indoor engine which works seamlessly with the new outdoor (space/planet) engines which will debut in BCM.

WOW! For a game that already has so much to it, these visuals just blow your mind! I recently saw some previews for two other games that made me go WOW. But nethier of those games will be out for over a year. Then i come here and see the stuff that Mr. smart and the 3000ad team are doing, and this is stuff that will be out alot sooner than those other games , and just wonder how amazing of games they will be turning out in a year and a half or two years when these games that look good in previes now are comeing out. BC is amazing!!!!!!!!!