Battlecruiser Strike Pak News

Supreme Cmdr

*glances up, grunts in acknowledgement, and goes back to coding HTML and looking at green-haired anime babes*

....!

*glances again, falls out of chair in an unconsious state*

------------------

Parias

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at www.tacticalplanet.com

"I took this job because I love to blow sh*t up!"

WHOHOO!!!!! OK, a bit more on the serious side - I guess this means I get a 3d bridge after all biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival."

WOW!

And WOW! for being able to see battles from the inside. Well I think I should study the ship map right now. I don't want to get lost in the ship with a major battle going on outside. And I don't want Paul Resnig to be alone in such a moment. I don't want to hear on the internal comms. "We're runned out of combat kits smile.gif

------------------

Commander M. Pelletier

GCV - Deathwing

ICQ# 7630611

E-Mail: [email protected]

[This message has been edited by Martin Pelletier (edited 01-07-2000).]

Guest aramike01

Gee, I was supposed to get married in 3 months...

"Honey, don't you think it would be better getting married in December? I may be a little busy until then..."

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

I was just wondering SC, from what I've read, these days it is really hard to get an addon pack on the shelves at your local retailer because the publisher doesn't like to publish them because of the smaller profit margin and the retailer doesn't like using up the shelf space because of the same reason. So my question is, are we going to be able to grab these at our local EB or is it going to require mail order/download?

Guest aramike01

One more thing, SC-I just read GNN a little closer and saw that multi-player is going to be pay-for-play. What exactly is this going to cost?

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Are they both coming out at the same time, or will the strike pak come out later?

This is looking good (and I get a few more months to save up for that athlon smile.gif)

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda ISS07

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

In System Support (ISS) Fleet

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

BCM - Strike Pak add-on

Yes, you are right about the add-on part. However, I think my press release mentions that it will be available via the e-commerce frontend. It will be available as a download (depending on size) or will be shipped out as a CD-ROM.

The Strike Pak can be used in conjunction with BCM or it can be run stand-alone. In the case of the latter, it will just generate random intruder threats based on the parameters passed to it. And in the format, it will get its threats from BCM.

I suspect that the publishers will eventually, once BCM has been out for awhile, bundle the SP with it if I allow them to do so. Until then, it will be a separate product, not available in stores.

BCM and the SP will both be finished around the same time.

BCM - Multiplayer

Multiplayer is free in BCM and anyone can setup a server for up to 16 players. It will have a chat frontend as well as a server browser for searching for LAN or INTERNET games. BC3K Online, the pay-for-play version based on the BCM engine (different galaxy, play options etc), is a separate product. Check the products page and if there is any inconsistency, let me know and I'll sort it out.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 01-12-2000).]