New America - Insurgent base

Supreme Cmdr

I unveiled these exclusive shots on tonite's show over on www.agn3d.com . They show the new Insurgent base, New America. Carved out of an asteroid, 10miles long by 4 miles wide, floating through space. Heavily defended and serious bad news.

Imagine this baby bump mapped and with turrets (mounted on the asteroid and the hidden base itself) firing everywhere. smile.gif

www.bc3000ad.com/shots/bcmshots7.shtml

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 02-18-2000).]

I like it, It's about time we insurgents get someting substantial smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival."

Holy ..... damn those shots look sweet! Man if looks this good on my LapTop I wonder how it looks on my PIII!!! Forget about gaming in 5 years, MR. S.C is doing some serious innovation right here right now!!

Insurent bros, behind every-one of those winodws is another red-blooded revloution starting Insurgent peep just like you and I!! :P

Thanks Derek, I knew you had an Insurgent's Heart beating inside that chest! wink.gif

Only one word to describe this BABY!! SCHWEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!

Now, if I might be so bold, and with your permission, I'd like to assign a base commander to New America. Would that be Ok, or should I wait a while longer? Yours is the final word here.

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"

I just finshed watching the interview on AGN3d. I'd say it was very cool indeed, I can't wait any longer!! When is the demo going to come out???!! It was also my first time hearing Mr.Smart speak, it was like totally weird. S.C didn't sound nothin like I imagined . I can hear a little bit of that ole' british accent. Overall the interview was very cool. I give it a thumb up(but who the hell cares about what I think? :P ).

I believe he said the demo was due out sometime in March or April..

As for that base, well, it's gonna be fun dragging some Galcommie pigs kicking and screaming (with Mr. Tractor) right into that thing, smacking it repeatedly against the surface while it's pelted with turret fire...

*cackles evilly to himself*

------------------

Parias

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

Now THATS a BASE! smile.gif

Wow, I hope that all future installations be like that... varied and eye-opening.

Hey, it looks like the starbase from the Wing Commander movie(albeit, the ONLY cool scene in that movie)!!! AWESOME.

MORE MORE MORE (hope the fleet starbases will be as cool..I would'nt mind having one of Wraith's Starbases be underwater or on a canyon smile.gif )

Congrats Insurgents.... and thank you for that new base Galcom is soon to own *grin*

------------------

Fleet Commander

Daniel "Tac" Londono

GCV Usagi

=Wraith Fleet=

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

Sure Rattler, its your base, you can assign who the heck you want to it

The challenge is going to be, how to take out that thing. Since you don't have the fire power to destroy the asteriod, you have to fly into that ravine, locate the reactor plant and launch several high profile missiles at it...while evading turret fire from all sides. Then of course, you've got to get out because when that baby goes boom, its going to take out everything for miles. And the fact, like all asteroids in the game, it is actually dynamic and moving, makes it that much harder.

Of course you could just shuttle drop a couple of marines down there and put them on a SAD profile and hope that they find that reactor. You can still destroy the base itself, but to take out the asteroid and prevent the base from being rebuilt, you have to take out the reactor.

In short, its a one way suicide mission.

btw, its not even finished yet. Jason expects to finish it sometime today he says.

Damn, the asteroid seems to big to break apart with OTS smile.gif Lucky insurgents. smile.gif

Now if you can excuse me, I must go back to my BCM Screenshots therapy. Playing 1 ACM mission that's my medication smile.gif

------------------

Commander M. Pelletier

GCV - Deathwing

ICQ# 7630611

E-Mail: [email protected]

S.C.!!! U DA MAN!!! Now THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO SEE!!! But I am sorry that I have to be paranoid a little BUT I don't thank that you would tell us EVERYTHANG about our base. I mean thankl of it YOU BUILT IT... A GALCOMIE BUILDING AN INSUGENT BASE!!! So to all Insurgent's beware of SOMTING going on some time or another... Even if it is already rigged than I STILL LOVE IT!!!

Rattler... I will apply for the job and youll find that I am UF FOR THE TASK and have the EXP you need for a BASE COMMANDER...

Maby we should have a vote. I know that I am not too well knowen here but I am willing to prove myself here hehe. I know that there will be MANY PEOPLE that will say the same thang so it all up to you Rattler.

Cheers

------------------

(ICV)"Ticonderoga"

CMDR:Chris Blair

"First to fight"

"Leading the charge"

quote:

Then of course, you've got to get out because when that baby goes boom, its going to take out everything for miles.

Super Death Star anybody? smile.gif

From what I've heard, you do a similar thing at the end of X-Wing Alliance.. gonna be cool to do it over and over and over again.. and so much more better at that! Tee hee..

*gets glared at by fellow Insurgents*

Er, I mean, DEFEND against it! *cough*

------------------

Parias

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

Hmmm...Looks like I'm going to have to start packing a little more firepower in my weapon pods, and extensive training of my Marines... smile.gif

You know what they say....Where there is a will, there is a way. wink.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG MILLER (GMAN)

ORION FLEET

ACTING FLEET XO

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV- SARK

ICQ 64202480

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

Guest aramike01

Yes, and I will for the Insurgency to romp all over Galcom. And this baby will help. wink.gif

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

That's a nice base you've got there guys. My first order of business after settling into my new office is to FIND IT and INFILTRATE IT!!!

Such a big rock. Soooo many places to hide in..... smile.gif

------------------

Commander Badgerius, GCV Diligence

Head of Intelligence, Security, and Tactics, Prime Fleet

ICQ 48801556

Wow.

But just you folks wait, when we're able to build our own bases on planets, moons, asteroids, etc. with one of the BC releases (forgot if it was 2020 or Millennium), I'll build a base so big, you won't be able to take it out. Mwhahahah!

I hope we can record short movies in BC:M, becuase I'll find a way to take out that base without getting killed, by golly, I'll find a way.

Man, when I saw the shots, my mouth started to water, or maybe it was the See's Candy I was munching on. Mmmmm.... candy. I'm suprised I didn't start to cry, because those screens are some serious eyecandy. And we only need a P2 266 minimum to run this thing? I'll save up for a new processor just in case...

"...when that baby goes boom, its going to take out everything for miles."

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

Hey SC, if you don't mind, could you wave any requests to go sky-diving, cliff-diving (not that you can do that sort of thing in Florida), deep-sea scuba diving, or any other risky like bussiness for the next few months?!? =)

Wake me when it's released!!

------------------

Vorpal

GCV - Blackstar

"Hell is only a word, the reality is much, much worse."

LOL!, you guys are insane.

Actually, the single ACM mission in the BCM demo will be to take out that base.

uhm, did I forget to mention that it has dynamic cloaking capability?

...and I guess I didn't mention that in multiplayer, based on the race/caste you choose, you get to launch from a specific station and that New America is one of them?

Bummer, I must losing my memory a little. smile.gif

You guys think this is good? Wait'll you see Athena, one of the cities in space.