First BCM terrain shots

Supreme Cmdr

Cool! I expect to see Arnold Schwarzenegger rolling down the side of that hill with his eye balls bulging out... "Quaid..."

I like the sky line, no more "blue sky's over mars" aye? heh heh... ehhh... I kill me...

• 2 weeks later...

You need much larger and more detailed textures and it will look much better and more realistic. Today's CPU's can handle much better graphics.

Take a look at Falcon 4.0 - the terrain looks photorealistic at several thousand feets (sometimes it feels like they are aerial photographs!) and much better at ground levels than this Mars shot. I know you said it's preliminary, but how much will it be improved?

Guest aramike01

Looks good to me. JetFire, from my perspective graphics are just candy. Gameplay is the meat of the BC Series. And so far, dessert looks plenty appetizing.

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

I was thanking that BCM WILL be the space kind of Falcon 4.0. I have F4 and I LOVE it to death beacuse of it's playability. I know I will LOVE BCM to death beacuse I know that it will be ALMOST the same as F4 and better with more freedom. That's too small of words even. I am a Capt. In F4 and almost a major. Sorry, getting off topic here but what I am trying to say is that I am VERY shure that the terrain is more than what you seen there. I thank that the SC was showing us an improved terrain structer like he was in the ship damage thread. Rember the SC is not going to show ANYTHANG realy unless he is already a few steps ahead of it beause of the compeation.

Well there you go, I don't know about you but I like it anyway.

See ya...

------------------

Cmdr. Chris Alan Blair

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV-Ticonderoga

The planetary surfaces are just too huge to go with larger textures. I'm more interested in gameplay than eye candy. Which is why only a small population on the planet could even run F4 when it came out.

In saying that however, there are some blending and smoothing tricks, not yet applied. The end result would be a lot better but not on par with near-photo quality.

At any rate, the average BC3K player cares about the gameplay and rarely spends time gawking at the scenery. If that was the case, the v2.0x series would have been an instant sales flop, against the kick-ass graphics of competing products. Heck, when BC3K v2.0x sells almost 6x as many units as Freespace2, thats saying something.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 03-12-2000).]

A kodak moment nonetheless! wink.gif

Hey SC, one question about the ground ops: Will marines be able to LIE down? Ya know, when DOOM came out it was a hit, when Duke Nukem came out everyone LOVED the ability to crouch and hide... but no game except SEAL TEAM has had the option of lying down. Run, crouch, CRAWL.. whoohoo!*cough*.. errm.. ill shut up now...

Personally, I think the graphics kick butt Derek. "Uncle Rattler's" been around computers long enough to see them come from Pong to the best out there of today. I'm not complaining either. I have a fixed beginning to make accurate comparisons from. I know where we've come from and where we're heading. I'll take every improvement that is forthcoming and be damned glad to get it. I'll not wish for full 3D rendering with Holograms that dance on your keyboards for you to reach out and manipulate. That's another 10-12 years down the road. I make my judgements on what's good for the gamers, unlike those that have only posted on this BB complaining about the graphics, giving too darned many links to other game graphics, and promoting another game!

I'll get down off this soap box and head to the brig now. Don't bother getting up gentlemen, I know the way!

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

Tac, each model has over 30 different animations. And yes, the ability to go prone, is one of them.

prone

crouch

Don't forget, the same models used in the BCTE product, are also used for the first person control of marines on the planet. Same model engine and it was designed that way.

*Joygasm*

*faints*

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*1st Squadron, *HellHound Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Hades

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Shite! Those shots are, to borrow a phrase, "pretty damn dialed"! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Security Patrol, Pre-commissioning Detail, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

Cool! I didn't know about the prone and crouch positions! BattleCruiser is just getting better and better! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Chief Security Officer, Pre-Commissioning Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

"Attack With Effectiveness"