New screen shots

Supreme Cmdr

Posted shots of some units you'll be controlling in multiplayer. They include a Combat Assault Buggy (drive or man the gun), a Humvee (drive or man the gun in the back), a pair of low level flying, Ground Assault Gunships and some new fighters.

www.bc3000ad.com/shots/bcmshots8.shtml

The Battlecruiser is coming along. The architects finally brought in the labels and doors. Waiting for the plumbing crew.

www.bc3000ad.com/shots/bcteshots3.shtml

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 03-09-2000).]

Nice job, it's really coming along smile.gif

BTW the first link is wrong.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 03-08-2000).]

Great, just brillant! Now all we need is the restrooms LOL! Let's see what the plumming looks like so that I can stop it!!!

WHERE'S THE WATER TO FLUSH!!!

------------------

Cmdr. Chris Alan Blair

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV-Ticonderoga

LOL! Great pics! Amazing, cool! Crunked out! Looking forward to flying around in one of them gunships smile.gif. Ya baby!

"I make toilet bowls explode"

----

S.P

ICV "FlipSide"

C.S.O New America Pre-Com

"why you wanna hate on me? I didn't know that was your wife."

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 03-09-2000).]

Great shots, SC! Can't wait to go cruisin' around in my CAB, and as for those gunships, they're both mighty fine and fearsome machines.

Eclipse is right. The top link should read bcmshots8, not bc3kshots8

Keep up the brilliant work,

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda ISS07

Defence Wing -ISS Fleet

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

[This message has been edited by Ben Zwycky (edited 03-09-2000).]

Yeah, those gunships are pretty cool. If you've seen the opening scene of Terminator, you get the idea smile.gif

Anyway, nothing a well placed shoulder launched Shreak missile (assuming you're a marine), won't sort out.

Guest Ron Wallin

Hey, SC, were can I buy one of those Infiltrators... Aaahhh... multi-gun goodness smile.gif

Nice choice on the Humvee... Always liked those. Nice to see they'll last well into the next mil.

Looking good!

quote:

"I make toilet bowls explode"

LOL SpacePhish!

If you do something like that, at least wait until you combat officer is in there when it blows up smile.gif

For my part I will wait until his inside and lock the door and cut the ship gravity.

After burner... retro... after burner... retro smile.gif

But wow! It's getting harder and harder to wait. Please summer, show yourself up!

------------------

M. Pelletier

ICQ# 7630611

E-Mail: [email protected]

Guest Saito Miyamoto

Kick ass stuff...

Absolutely awesome.

------------------

Cmdr. Saito Miyamoto

Spectre Fleet

Pre-commissioning crew, New America

ICV Shinsengumi

ICQ # 1045022

That's great stuff. I guess some designs are importal, right? A plough now is the same as a plough a thousand years ago, and the basic ship hull shape has remained the same for a thousand years.

I guess the same will be said for the Humvee, eh?

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

S36 Commander, Gamma Wing

quote:

I guess the same will be said for the Humvee, eh?

I don't mind at all smile.gif Have you seen one of them Humvee up close? They're freakin awsome. If I had the money I be cruising in one those. I'd probably put 2*400 amps in there, then some speakers and sub.

Especially when the Galcommies attack N.A. I just sit in my Humvee and blast some weird 31st century funk music, that'd scare them away for sure.

No SpacePhish, instead of them trying to kill ya They'd be listing to it with ya! I'm shure that they got rid of "GAS" powered vehicles by than, ALL BATTERY POWERED!!! The Humveeis MY CLASS of vehicle when I'm off duty and not exploring.

------------------

Cmdr. Chris Alan Blair

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV-Ticonderoga

And while you guys are all sitting in your humvees of the future I'll be cruising by in a vehicle that floats. If I had my choice of running around on mars in a hummer or a floating-who-even-cares-what...well, I'd pick the floating-who-even-cares-what. There's just something to be said about altitude controls in your car, you know?

------------------

Cmdr Chaos

Spectre Fleet

ICV Banshee

"Do it with a smile and a mad gleam in your eye."

Guest Remo Williams

Totally awesome SC!! The surface ops are going to be outstanding in BC:M.

------------------

Commander Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington

Prime Fleet

Gamma Wing, 1st Squadron

[This message has been edited by Remo Williams (edited 03-09-2000).]

Keep them coming SC, each new shot is a hype to keep me going until BCM gets here. Can't say that I like being on the ground with everyone and everything trying to get a piece of me. Give me something big with a lot of fire power, I'm not too proud to have the meanest and badest, sportsmanship went out with college football. Scrag them with anything and everything, you know, "Might is Right".

Keep them coming SC, by the way, those fighters are awsome >------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security; G3 Tactics (Acting)

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

Considering the fact that you can't get very far on foot without getting tired (yes, FF is already modeled, even in BCTE), you're gonna need wheels to get very far on the planet. In fact, I'm going to space out the bases so far that you just won't get very far on foot. smile.gif"><P>YouEitherway, you're all gonna die in those things.

btw, am not allowing any capital ships (cruisers, carriers, transports) on planets. The engine will just destroy them (burn up) if they attempt it. Part of my play-balancing gig, I've got going.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 03-09-2000).]

quote:

btw, am not allowing any capital ships (cruisers, carriers, transports) on planets. The engine will just destroy them (burn up) if they attempt it

Shucks, there goes my idea of using the BC as a jump-off point for my troops wink.gif .

SC, any plans of allowing the foot soldiers to fire from inside the shuttle? Say, open the back door and let 'em rip? It rocks on Tribes, thought it might be cool on BC3K smile.gif

This game keeps getting better with every new piece of news that leaks out.

Will landings be permited for capitol ships on non-atmospheric worlds? One of my favorite screenshots is the one with a BC parked next to a base on Earth's moon.

I can just see the new Paramedic strategy guide, the "Tow the BC to an atmosphere tactic".

[This message has been edited by Vorpal (edited 03-09-2000).]

Well alright, I'll have to take a guess that moons are off limits as well...

Your post would seem crystal clear to me but you mention playbalancing, which is done without regards to physics and is to prevent unfair advantages. I'm guessing that "planets" refers to anything other then outer space regions.

[This message has been edited by Vorpal (edited 03-09-2000).]

We can land on planet's just not too easy is what hte SC is trying to say.Earth has it's own Starbase that has Battlecrusiers in it's slot's. In the BC online rule book it says "You will not be able to enter a planet with this carrier without skill. There is a specific

criteria now, for planetfall in large ships. The dynamics engine is very unforgiving and burnups

will be a frequent occurrence. If you have assets to deploy, do it from orbit unless you are a skilled

commander. Expect to be crucified by your player controlled assets if you keep killing everyone each

time you attempt planetfall. You have been warned." The game engine has real planetary effects, so when you reenter Earths atmosphere you are going to burn up even the spaceshuttles do in real life, they just have metal that can take that kind of heat.

SC- I LOVE the idea to where the bases are so far from each other. I love that so that I can sit back and listen to my music and drink my MUG. That reminds me SC, will you alow us to fulley install the game and play it without the cd so I can play my music while playing the game?

See ya...

------------------

Cmdr. Chris Alan Blair

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV-Ticonderoga

Ahh yes.. burnups.. be sure to watch for quote "falling asteroids" unquote when I hit the servers, because I'm going to be trying over and over and over again to hit planetfall just so I can do my own mock Beggar's Canyon with my BC.. smile.gif

As for those shots, damn I can't wait to get my hands on the game and punt around my un-educated friends.. wooowoooo!

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Security Patrol, Pre-commissioning Detail, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

HMMWV shots look good. HMMWV is the actual nomenclature for the High Mobility, Multi-Wheeled Vehicle. But us Grunts around 87'/'88 tagged Humvee to the Jeep's successor. They be a blast to drive; go anywhere but ain't worth a squat at high speed. Had one doing 90mph a couple of times in Korea. Thought the thing would shake apart on me. Hope the Armor on the BC:M version is better than on the actual wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 03-10-2000).]