Starstations Extravaganza

Supreme Cmdr

Check GNN

quote:

A whole bunch of starstation shots have been uploaded. To give you an idea of just how huge these stations are, some of them show ships in the scene - those ships are huge carriers. And, yes, if you deploy NPC troops on those stations, they are intelligent enough to walk on the outside. In multiplayer, if you are playing as a marine, you can also drop and walk around topside, armed to the teeth and taking pot shots at passing ships or other hostile space marines - or even deploying mines on those stations in order to destroy them from the outside in much the same way you would launch missiles at them.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 03-19-2000).]

Holy M.F.S!!!

S.C and the team should rule the world smile.gif.

Anyway I love it, them stations looks phat, they're HUGE! Man, I'm getting all giddy now.

One questions tho:

What are those disc objects with the light on top, are they some kind of becon object?

Even I'm not crazy enough to take those starstations on alone, like I did Gammulan and Cyclone.

------------------

Commander J.Smith

GCV-ROSETTA

*3rd squadron, Marauder Wing

Stationed, Starbase Fenrir

ICQ#67121847 EST

"choose your allies wisely, for they may turn against you."

=WRAITH FLEET=

Man, the Colossus from Freespace 2 can eat it's heart out... these things are frikken HUGE!

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Security Patrol, Pre-commissioning Detail, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

*drools heavily*

Talk about the beauty and the beast all in one! smile.gif

Man I wish I could change Wraith's station to one of those, this is awesome!

My favourite: http://www.bc3000ad.com/images/screen_shot...0ad/sstat8a.jpg

Gotta love it!

The nebula on those pics ROCK!

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*Fleet Command

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Awesome pictures, Supreme Commander! You are really outdoing yourself! Can't wait!

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Chief Security Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

"Attack With Effectiveness"

Nice SC, Love the new stations smile.gif

Is it just me or am I seeing turrets on those stations?

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 03-19-2000).]

SpacePhish, those are actually multi-purpose turrets. They can fire missiles or lasers and are multi-directional. However, unlike BC3K v2.0x, you can actually take them out independently. So, if you're good, you can just take out a stations turrets and leave it defenseless - at least until they are repaired. Or, you could drop a marine, switch to first person in that marine, and lob a grenade at the turret. Due to your small size, it won't be able to acquire you - but then again the station will just send its own marines up top if it detects a top-side board action.

Martin, I know some of you guys are good - but you'd have to be a hundred times as good as you are now to take out a station, let alone capture one.

Tac, there are 11 station types. 3 unique ones for ghq (terran), gammula (gammulan), and newamerica (insurgent) and the other 8 are distributed amongst all the others. This is what I did in v2.0x and it cheaper and faster than creating over 50 unique stations. *gasp*. So, what I will do is allow Fleet Leaders to pick the station they want for their base (in much the same way I let you guys talk me into putting new fleet related stations in the game) and then use those. So, if you like that Type8 station for Wraith, so be it.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 03-19-2000).]

Amazing!!! How long do we have to endure this torture? I can't take it anymore!!

Damn!

BTW I can't wait to fool around with the next-gen GBS when BCm comes out, I have a feeling it's going to be ten thousands times better than it is now. smile.gif

Very, very nice work! It shall be a pleasure to put many a station under TER/MIL affiliation. smile.gif

Tac: Choosing a new Station design would also fit with the timeline, seeing as the one that's in v2.0x is scrap metal floating around the moon due to GWII. So choose...but choose wisely... wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Prime Fleet Liason Officer

Those are really nice. The improvements are really noticable and look great.

I like the same station types. It just makes sense to me that some race/castes would buy/copy a certain design for its abilities. Like the scientists and/or the raiders. They wouldn't have the dough to think up and build their own design whereas Galcom, Insurgents, and Gammula would.

Can't wait to see them in action.

------------------

Commander Chavik

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Pre-Commissioning Crew, Starstation Destiny

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

*Stands near the SC, eyes red from staring at the starstation's bluespecs for too long*

quote:

So, what I will do is allow Fleet Leaders to pick the station they want for their base

*retinas begin to pulsate*

quote:

(in much the same way I let you guys talk me into putting new fleet related stations in the game)

As I remember, you kindly offered us the bases... a great day for BC3K fans! smile.gif

quote:

So, if you like that Type8 station for Wraith, so be it.

Man, I've only seen a few of the models, I don't want to imagine the other ones smile.gif

*Walks over to Ben*

quote:

Tac: Choosing a new Station design would also fit with the timeline, seeing as the one that's in v2.0x is scrap metal floating around the moon due to GWII. So choose...but choose wisely...

Will do buddy! I'd like to see all the station models before we re-decorate smile.gif

*glances around, sees the SC is out of hearing range*

*whispers in Ben's ear* We might also get out of Rinaal too! wink.gif

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*Fleet Command

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cpt. Mark Sladek

Great Shots SC. By the way, I noticed on the other screen shots that the battle cruiser also has their turrets showing now, are those gonna be able to be targeted just like the ones on the stations?...

Cmdr Mark Sladek

GCV GALILEO

I believe the answer is a yes smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"