New interface shots.

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Straightens glasses and examines pictures closely*

Now there's a pretty interface if I do say so myself!

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

Yep, I must agree with the Corsair on this one. Nice touch! Melding the new with the history of the old makes for one fine combination IMHO! "Uncle Rattler" gives it Two Thumbs Up! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

Guest Remo Williams

I like that blue always been my favorite color. It adds depth to and already cool interface. cool.gif

Love the eye-candy SC keep it coming.

------------------

Cmdr. Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington

Prime Fleet

Gamma Wing

1st Squadron, (The Guarddogs)

I dunno whats being refered to as old. There was no need to change the layout because I designed it to work in such as cramped space. No other design would have worked.

Several areas in the layout did change. For instance, those boxes used for weapons, probes etc, are all gone.

I guess nobody noticed that the ATV has a weapons loading interface now as well.

A lot of things were simplified, moved around and implemented, while keeping the layout as close to the original as possible. Think of it as GOS 2K (Galcom Operating System 2000) - like WIN2K, you see the WIN98 like interface with subtle changes and a lot of power underneath. biggrin.gif

Forgive me Boss. I wasn't trying to offend here. When I speak of "old", it's not in a negative manner. To me, personally, The new interface brings new availability to a tried and true format. It's tradition. It's familiarity....It's an old friend that I'm not nervous around. It's sharp, concise, and loaded with goodies that we didn't have before. Did I forget to say "I Like It?" wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 05-04-2000).]

That's one good looking interfaces, IMHO.

smile.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG MILLER (GMAN)

ORION FLEET

EXECUTIVE OFFICER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

quote:

Think of it as GOS 2K (Galcom Operating System 2000) - like WIN2K, you see the WIN98 like interface with subtle changes and a lot of power underneath.

Is there any truth to the rumor that users of Gammuscape are suing because Galcom is bundling GOS2K on all their new ships? Galcom argues that GOS2K is an essential part of the ship's system and can't be sold separately. But then I hear that the insurgents are removing GOS2K and replacing it with a faster, more stable OS called Rattlux.

Looks nice!!

Just enough the familiar layout mixed with the new...

Love the blue color...

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

btw, the new interface also allows you to change the images of your officers and pilots, replacing them with any 128x128 .BMP image of the same name. So, if you want your kid brother to be Hellraiser and you decide to send him up against New America in a lone P21-Vandal, at least you'll get to see his pic as he sends that final please for help.

You can also import your own pic to replace the default commander. Check out

www.3000ad.com/pics/bcm/iface5.jpg

There are lots of other cool touches here and there. In fact, one of the coolest features of the new interface is the ability to have it on the bridge just like any other system. So, the same way you can have the NID visible, you can have Logistix visible at all times if you are running the game at any res (up to 1600x1200) higher than 640x480, since the Frontend module is resolution locked at 640x480 in order to support this.

Other features including key configurations via the BCMCONFIG.INI file. This allows you to setup your own key commands in the game either by editing that file in a text editor or by running the GUI keyboard configuration program in the CONFIG module. Frontend also has keyboard commands now, so, eg F1 takes you to Logistix, F2 to Tactical etc. Of course, you can change these keys too.

Nice touch indeed with us being able to import pics. I also see that have your name inputed into the interface roster, will we be able change the names of crewmen aboard the ship or is that just some of your own personal tweeking. smile.gif

Seems great boss! The personalised commander pic is a nice touch, especially for MP games. Can't wait for the release!

------------------

Wing Commander Robert Martin

GCV-Dark Knight

Prime Fleet

S26 Commander, Beta Wing

uhm Karl, I didn't change anything. I created a new game entered Derek Smart as the my name. Same as it is in v2.0x.

No, because there are internal aspects of the game (sounds, messages etc) that are geared toward those names, I won't allow the changing of officer and pilot names. That said, I have been toying with the idea because if I don't allow this, there are going to be 16 pilots with the Hellraiser callsign, flying around in multiplayer. I may have to setup an internal alias or something. So maybe you will be allowed to change their names, dunno yet how best to handle it.

Sheesh, forgive me don't know where my mind was. Maybe because it's Friday, work is getting to me, and thinking about my woman (going to see this weekend biggrin.gif )was the reason I didn't think you entered that as you callsign. (shame on me)

But would be awfully nice to name your crewmen if not all of them, then the officers and polits. smile.gif

Hooo baby, that's quite a few options to play with! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

Dang it, I leave for a week and look what you do. smile.gif looking great SC.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Maxamillian slowly edges towards the air-lock door, glancing nervously over his shoulder. "Ah, SC, 'Decals', will we be able to customize these?" Max then turns and makes a running jump for the air-lock door before the disruptor beam catches him in the bum. >------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security; G3 Tactics (Acting)

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

[This message has been edited by Maxamillian (edited 05-06-2000).]