Dev Diary Issue #1

Supreme Cmdr

Must you continue to torture us with these little tidbits you keep dropping? biggrin.gif Keep it up and we will be camping in front of the software store till it comes out. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Excellent read!!

Really puts into perspective what seperates BC3K from the others...

can't wait!

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

Yay Yay!!

One questing tho, what's a freelancer??? I don't get it wink.gif

Yay Yay!!

Can't wait the day when I can finally put my sniper skills to work...

Yay Yay!!

"Cyberpimping ain't easy, S.C is the hands down pimp of the game industry"

Ahem.

*Puts on glasses and thumbs through dusty pocketbook of pre-fabbed responses*

"Hoo hoo baby!"

smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

SpacePhish, Freelancer is the title that Chris Roberts signed to do for Microsoft. They signed that, Loose Cannon and Conquest. They didn't have a space game and no products to speak off, so, they acquired Warthog's title (the guys who did Privateer2), called it Starlancer, and burned up an option. It was quick to do and they get to make some money while developing Freelancer. They are touting Starlancer as the prequel to Freelancer. If thats the prequel, (I've played it) then Freelancer is going to be as disappointing as WC-IV was to WC-1. Anyway, at the CGDC conference, the only highlight that I saw about it, apart from the awesome graphics, was that some MS guys were playing in one room and others on the show floor, and the guys in one room were getting messages for re-inforcements when they came under attack. We all went, ...wtf, is that a feature?? Of course, the media carried the hype and it continues. Thats the point I was making and pretty much everyone knows what the hell I'm talking about. Its about hype and people claiming that they're doing something new, the media picks up etc, while the rest of the gaming population, know otherwise.

Terminus is another culprit, to read their preview, you'd think they had re-invented gaming in any shape or form. Don't take my word for it, go read the www.avault.com preview. It's embarassing really. And then, when these titles don't live up to the hype (Terminus went from P200 to a PII, requirment), everyone will go scurrying for cover. Starlancer is the most recent example of this overextended hype. Why? because these *******s are cosing up to the big name developers for ad dollars, scoops etc. It is very disgraceful and thats why I have turned down every request for a preview of BCM. The first time anyone reads anything about it that even comes close to a preview of the final game, it will be when it is about to go Gold. This way, there are no false expectations.

btw, thanks to a bored student callsigned Eclipse, for the Dev Diary logo. I think my web guy must be out in the Himalayas somewhere, cuz I couldn't reach him to make the .gif.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 05-09-2000).]

AAaaarrrrggggghhhhh! The pain of waiting is taking it's toll on old "Uncle Rattler!" I'm going to have to drive down south pretty soon and pay you a visit. wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well! - Josh Billings

Reaching over and patting my PacBell with its new most capable 400mhz processor, thinking patients is a virtue. biggrin.gif

That is some awesome reading SC. I almost can't wait for its release. Good thing I still have v2.09 keeping me satisfied.

wink.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG MILLER (GMAN)

ORION FLEET

EXECUTIVE OFFICER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

Guest Ron Wallin

SC, I would be happy to make the .gif for you. That is, if you still want it made smile.gif. Email the original graphic and let me know what you need if there are any specifics.

Guest aramike01

Oh man...

This puts real war to shame!

Intense, baby... INTENSE!

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Great work SC btw i like the idea that you left the Smileing Mars in the nav charts smile.gif

Well if i don't get a job sooon to buy bcm i'm going to be calling you sc > smile.gif i live in florida too ya know

------------------

COMMANDER BOSCH

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - OBENBONE

"For Orion Home and Soul we guard you"

LOL, those smileys are artifacts from the downsampling in the older paletted maps. Anyway, those old ones are just place holders, I may either removed Navitron completely (it is duplicated, in 3D, in the TacOps computer), or have new maps done. Its all a matter of time and budget constraints. My artists aren't cheap biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 05-11-2000).]

If ye gonna raid the SC's lab, count me in.. i'm closer to him *wicked grin*

We all know the truth... BCM is already complete, Derek is just playing as much as he can so he can have a chance of surviving on the MP world against us wink.gif

*sneaks into the shadows muttering "there is no spoon, there is no spoon"

(BTW, I loved that part in the dairy hehe) smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Guest Remo Williams

LOL!! Hey Tac when you complete the raid get to the phone booth on 4th & main we'll extract you there!!! biggrin.gif

SC I really like the Dev Diary. cool.gif BCM is going to rock. Can't wait to get my hands on it don't know how much longer I can last

RP

Hands start shaking, eyes roll back as head slams down on to key board!! eek.gif

/RP

------------------

Cmdr. Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington

Prime Fleet

Gamma Wing

1st Squadron, (The Guarddogs)

Whoah Baby!

This little tidbit of info, if you can call it a tidbit, is like a neutron bomb! Outstanding and accurate documentation of those losers that only court the media and blame their lack of success on others, never fixing the problems that the gamers (That would be "Uncle Rattler" and his cohorts) have to live and die with! You tell 'em SC!

Now on to the rest of the article! I can't even explain what I'm thinking right now. Would be wasted between my cerebrial cortex and my fingers on the keyboard. Heck, Parias would be at a loss for words with this one. All I'm going to say is that I'm just about ready to go fill up the gas tank on the car and Drive South!

You've been warned SC! biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well! - Josh Billings

Rattler is correct, not even my handy-dandy dusty pocketbook can provide the words required to aptly describe my excitement. Heh, like you said though SC, I too am gonna look forward to watching the newbies try and tote enough firepower to annihilate a small city all by themselves.. hah, easy snipings!

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

Every time you post something it sounds better and better. You just keep giving us more and more toys smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.