Tactical Engagement

though the others probably did their best to convince you. let me add to it...

I am the cheapest person you will find, and I will buy both of them. because I always liked looking at the perscan screen to see how the marines were doing fighting the intruders.....now imagine being able to switch to a marine, or you (the commander yourself) if there is an intruder on board) run down to weapons storage pick up a weapon and then chase the enemy through the ship yourself with your boys...

imagine * the intruders are on deck 3, you are on deck 2 now coming up to deck 3 * and all of a sudden!!! you hear shouts (the marines will shout right SC??) and you hear gunfire, and then you hear people running fast towards you! then round the corner comes the intruders with the marines running there buts off behind them and firing!!!!!

fun HUH!?!? it'll be worth it trust me.

hmm i wonder what the aliens will look like...i havent seen a picture of alien marines yet.

adios!

------------------

Commander Cruis.In

Spectre Fleet

CEO, Sygan Star Station

ICV Defiance

"Dare to be defiant"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

hmm i wonder what the aliens will look like...i havent seen a picture of alien marines yet.

They all have protective head gear, no way am I doing different heads for aliens so that every alien likes like his brother.

Back to the MAIN topic: In BCM, a player will have more ships than just a Battlecruiser to chose from. In TE, is the player treated with a different interior for each craft, will we get the same interior, or will even have the option for different ships?

Aaye all. SC, I LOVE -First Wave- & -Farscape- myself smile.gif. For EVER I have been looking for a game like this but a little over a year ago I went to E/B in the Town East Mall in Wichita Kansas. When I came in a guy I know there pulled me over to the side and and said (you like games to where you can do it all right)? And he knew that I liked space and plane sim games the most but all kinds too. Anyway, draged me over to one of hte shelves and said (take a look at this game). He than says (it is a "REDO" of an older game but it is what I am looking for; o and there is another game a secound game comming out of this title). I red the back of the box and I was convenced to get it.

After I baught it I came home and before I installed it I went online to check out the site. I was MORE than overly impressed. Even to this day it is an older game but I still play it off and on.

Now, I am waiting (as many of us are) for BC:M to come out biggrin.gif! But after all of this time before I ever heard of BC I had an idea of my own for a game. But not just a game, A system & a game. But it still will be awhile untell the tech for my idea will be up to date enough to make it a real project.

The ability to both FLY and Fight on the ground is OUTSTANDING of a game like this. I never thought that there would be a game out there for a LONG while that would let you do what ever the hell you wanted to.

As for myself I would like my "alter ego" to be able to do it all almost. I will not just be flying a ship, and as a matter of fact I will do as mutch of BOTH as I can. I love to fly AND explore "BEACUSE IT IS THERE"!

Well I got to go all.

See ya...

------------------

Cmdr. Chris Alan Blair

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV-Ticonderoga

quote:

Back to the MAIN topic: In BCM, a player will have more ships than just a Battlecruiser to chose from. In TE, is the player treated with a different interior for each craft, will we get the same interior, or will even have the option for different ships?

Only the BC is supported in BCTE. If you play with any other craft, it won't activate. BC3K and BCM, still works with the principle that you are a Commander working for GALCOM. The ability to use any ship, was designed for multiplayer (BCTE doesn't even support multiplayer) but I decided to enable it in SP so that one didn't need specially created script hacks (like the Trader, Raider ones I did for BC3K v2.0x) in order to do that.

Alright! As stated in the updated BCM product info page, there will be a built-in FPS mode for surface ops including marines and vehicles. SC, will you be able to command 4 marines during surface ops like in BCTE?

------------------

"Do not fear the unknown, embrace it."

cmdr. Kron

ICV Vanguard

All these different features in different installments of the games is just too much for my poor head to keep track of.

K.I.S.S. shall I follow.. I won't try to keep up and instead be MIGHTY surprised when each one comes out. Yes.. this way is safer.. no more neurons wasted. biggrin.gif

quote:

SC, will you be able to command 4 marines during surface ops like in BCTE?

No. But if you are the Base Commander of the starbase or mission zone, you can do what the hell you like with NPCs, since they are just like normal crafts. If you want to send a bunch of hapless marines on a jogging spree, clean, clear across the planet to take out a base, just make sure they don't die of thirst. smile.gif

hehe, alright pretty cool SC. Well since that's the answer, I guess it's gonna be a carnage-fest for myself come BCM!

------------------

"Do not fear the unknown, embrace it."

cmdr. Kron

ICV Vanguard

Guest Baraka

Wow - BC:3020ad - one engine for everything - a dream come true! I can't wait to take a shuttle on a covert mission, land in the hangar of a large enemy vessel, unleash my special troops to take out the ships forces, then sabotage the vessel, run to the escape vehicle, take off out the bay door, and watch from an eternal view as that (Galcom) cruiser goes up in flames behind me! Can't wait!

------------------

Commander Baraka

Spectre Fleet

Head Chef, ICV Utu

[email protected]

ICQ# 67624118

"What does not kill us makes us stronger"

Baraka:

Head Chef????

Talking about bc3020's indoor engine. I can't wait to witness what you're doing in that galley of yours. wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Rico 'V_ger' Jansen

GCV-de Ruyter

Prime fleet

Gamma Wing, 16 Squadron Commander

1st Squadron, (The Guarddogs)

"... to boldly show, where no one has gone before"

Guest Commander Hamblin

Hmm...I've been wondering, in BC: TE, how on earth are the turbolifts gonna work? I mean, how are you gonna choose your destination on them?

------------------

Commander James Hamblin

Orion Fleet.

GCV Galatea.

Galatea Exploration Wing Commander.

"For I dip't into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be..."

Good work, Commander. In the future, if I have any questions about mating behaviour, I'll know where to go - Captain Kathryn Janeway.

Guest Baraka

quote:

Head Chef????

Talking about bc3020's indoor engine. I can't wait to witness what you're doing in that galley of yours.
wink.gif

It could be like "Under Seige" in space...

Here's an example of one of my recipes for you:

GALCOMMIE GOULASH

3 ripe tomatoes 1 large onion

2 cubes beef stock 1/2 cup flour

10 gallons water 1 ripe apple

1 large, fat, slow, incompetent Galcom Marine

selected mixed herbs salt and pepper to taste

Dice or shred the Marine into several hundred good-sized chunks using the 2 large, long bladed kitchen knives (kindly provided to me by SC for BC:M!), brown in oil then add water and other chopped ingredients, bring to boil then simmer gently for 2-3 missions. Serve when meat is tender. Feeds 10-15 high - ranking Insurgent Officers.

Enjoy!

------------------

Commander Baraka

Spectre Fleet

Head Chef, ICV Utu

[email protected]

ICQ# 67624118

"Revenge is best served cold"

[This message has been edited by Baraka (edited 05-30-2000).]

Guest Remo Williams

LOL!! Baraka

quote:

selected mixed herbs salt and pepper to taste

Dice or shred the Marine into several hundred good-sized chunks.

RP

To improve the taste be sure to substitute an Insurgent for the Galcom Marine UUMM home cooking. biggrin.gif

/RP

------------------

Cmdr. Remo Williams

GCV-Lexington

Prime Fleet

Gamma Wing

(RP) Na, I was thanking more like a GalCom Supreme Commander biggrin.gif! That would be more tasty but a rare find biggrin.gif.(RP)

*Chris raises his hand before the SC speeks*

No offence SC smile.gif.

See ya...

------------------

Cmdr. Chris Alan Blair

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV-Ticonderoga

LOL!! Good one Baraka. You should change your ship's name to the ICV Hanabal... wink.gif

------------------

Commander Ramius

GCV Black Star

1'st Squadron, *Marauder Wing

Stationed, Fenrir Starbase

"Liberate tetute mae. Ex e ferris"

PST

=Wraith Fleet=

Guest CmdrBlacky

Sounds go for the FPS.

BTW if you ever read the book Starships Troopers, you really get to see what the marines should be able to do. The closest game I can see that implements this is Tribes. Powered Armor (Not mechs) would be really cool for the marines. Everyone else can be a normal person.

Guest Commander Hamblin

Give the guy a break, for crying out loud, he's doing the best he can. smile.gif

Anyhoo, I wonder what would happen if the entire crew was killed by the intruders (With a little aid from a certain Galcom Commander who's gone on a murderous rampage of his own crew, hehe)? What then? You just have to take out the intruders all on your own?

Groovy. It'll be Doom all over again smile.gif

------------------

COMMANDER JAMES HAMBLIN

ORION FLEET

GALATEA EXPLORATION WING

GALATEA EXPLORATION WING COMMANDER

GCV GALATEA.

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"For I dip't into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be..."

Good work, Commander. In the future, if I have any questions about mating behaviour, I'll know where to go - Captain Kathryn Janeway.

Baraka wrote:

quote:

LOL! Sounds like our good old friend Resnig. biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Rico 'V_ger' Jansen

GCV-de Ruyter

Prime fleet

Gamma Wing, 16 Squadron Commander

"... to boldly show, where no one has gone before"

Hehe, I was expecting a few answers but turned out to be my best topic yet!! Hehe, that Resnig, oh the fella was just the most incompetent officer onboard the ship!! Do a search topic on him and already the fans just wanna kill him in so many different ways alone!! That Resnig was such a riot. If he keeps screwing up again in BCM, I'm gonna personally sneak up behind him and cap him where the sun don't shine!!

------------------

"Do not fear the unknown vastness of space, embrace it."

Cmdr. Kron

Spectre Fleet

ICV Vanguard

LOL!!!

I wasn't here in the past, but I have read those Resnig posts and just ROTFLMAO!!!

I have no problem with the guy. You just have to learn how to "work" with him.

My biggest beef is with my Marines. Intruders on the Sdeck, and 15 of them are searching Deck 1.

Oh well when BC:M comes out, things are changing. You know what they say, "If you want something done right, Do it yourself!"

biggrin.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

Guest Earendil the Marriner

As one who has played this game for well nigh a year, although I've but posted few messages on this forum, I'm greatly looking forward to such carnage and mayhem.