Officers are up...

Supreme Cmdr

Now, which one of you ladies was talking about throwing the CO out of an airlock? heh, not this CO. At least not accoording to Mark's rendition of a bad-ass Combat Officer. (yes, I signed-off on it, untouched)

officers.jpg

I'm toying with the idea of having the artists do a database of face shapes, skin tones, face

characteristics (upper, middle, lower areas) so that the player can actually customize their

own crew, instead of being stuck with using the same default officer/pilot images, regardless

of what ship you're piloting and for which side. This way,

you have the option of customizing your crew pics (even your own) when you create a new

profile. And of course, there'll probably be an option to allow the program to create images

from randomly generated attributes. Oh boy, that'll be a hoot!

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 06-09-2000).]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, It would be interesting if you made such an option, but as it stands now they are just fine smile.gif Great job.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

The pics looks absolutely awesome. Mark you've done a truly amazing job. smile.gif

SC, the crew picture database would be a wonderful addition to a already highly customizable and addictive game.

Btw, would CE be a distant relative of Tovok? They have an amazing similarity. biggrin.gif

------------------

EarthCOM-Officer Karl Wolf

ECV Hammer of God

Epsilon Battle Group (Wolf Pack)

15th EarthCom Planetary Force

"When it comes down to it, Earth is first and everyone else can go to Hell."

*applause*

The random feature (face) generator would be a great thing to have... imagine BCO in which every ship has the same CO ... creepy. Cloning gone too far wink.gif.

I may be out of line a bit by saying this, but is there any chance of players making up their own officer faces? Like, getting their RL pics and pasting them there? Just thought it might be cool. Putting the pic of your worst enemy as the CO, dooshing him out the airlock...ahh..the satisfaction... Janet Reno....DOOOSH...ahh feeling better....

Hmm.. that could be quite a stress reliever you know.. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Great work! Can't wait to play it!

I think that was covered in another thread Tac.. smile.gif

But anyways, stuck-up drill Sergeant or no, if I feel the CO needs to get spaced, massacred, or just plain abandoned, he'll still be out there! Of course, I can be subversive if needed..

Me: "I need you to beam down to the planet we're orbiting!"

CO: "But sir, it's swarming with Galcom troops!"

Me (scratching head): "Uh, yea, well, I'll be sending in support, you'll be there to.. uh, inspire them."

CO (saluting): "Righty-o sir!"

Me (cackling evily and making a Mr. Burns impression): "....Excellent."

CO: "Say something sir?"

Me: "What? Oh, no, carry on."

smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Funny you should mention that Hector, I was just telling Mark, earlier today, that he needs to start on the ladies. As if I knew. biggrin.gif

Dunno about the Tuvok resemblance. Ask Mark. I said black Male in my specs, thats what the cloning machine came up with.

Tac, thats already been covered in another thread.

Anyway, the customizing option is something that hit me this morning, during my early morning AM briefing with Mark. He said it was possible (I was hoping he'd say no biggrin.gif), now I've gotta go think about it. wink.gif

Guest zamfir

No, not Tuvok smile.gif... None of the portraits are based on any one actual person, although I do incorporate bits and pieces of different people. I'm chomping at the bit to get on the portrait creator, but until then I'm working diligently on finishing off the portraits and keeping out of the line of fire.

------------------

Guest aramike01

SC- How much would it cost me to get my face in the game. That is, if you don't think the ladies would be too distracted to do their work. biggrin.gif

Great pics, btw!

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

A lot more than you can afford.

Anyway, this has already been discussed. Go look for the thread. If you want to change the crew pics or yours, you can import any 128x128 16-bit pic into the folder where the game looks for them.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 06-10-2000).]

Guest Baraka

Absolutely awesome. Great portraits! (You can almost sense the strong character behind each stern look on their faces.)

A customisable crew appearance would be great! It would make you feel like you are commanding your OWN crew - NOT someone elses.

BTW, would also love to see a "Face-in-the-game" option appear in a space combat/adventure game like this eventually. Like the latest crop of EA sports titles, simply taking your own digital cam snapshot and selecting feature points on your face to add to a wireframe 3d wraparound or something like that. Not too sure how it works exactly - but something to look at for the future, methinks!

------------------

Commander Baraka

Spectre Fleet

Head Chef, ICV Utu

[email protected]

ICQ# 67624118

"Revenge is always best served cold"

[This message has been edited by Baraka (edited 06-11-2000).]

I agree: You tend to be just a little bit more careful looking after your crew, if they have names & faces, almost as if they were real people (or am i just going on & on, talking a load of BS)

Nice work!

------------------

Commander Robert Martin

GCV-Dark Knight

Prime Fleet

S26 Commander, Beta Wing

Man SC this just keeps lookin better and better. I love the way the matrines faces are, and Starpath looks great as well. Keep it up!

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Guest aramike01

Eclipse! Matrine? Matrine!!! You've made Marine rhyme with latrine!!! Shame, shame!!!

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

ah... Sorry, you know me and my spelling smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Forget about the T.O. check out the Female Commander!! Would you happen to have a home address and phone number where she can be reached I'm sure my girlfriend wouldn't mind. biggrin.gif

------------------

EarthCOM-Officer Karl Wolf

ECV Hammer of God

Epsilon Battle Group (Wolf Pack)

15th EarthCom Planetary Force

"When it comes down to it, Earth is first and everyone else can go to Hell."

Guest aramike01

Blades, is there a woman that doesn't remind you of an ex? biggrin.gif

Keep 'em coming SC!

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

Guest Ron Wallin

The marines remind me of Quake (good or bad, take it how you like). The Starpath pic is Awesome.

Derek, what happened to the female counterpart of the commander model, Travis Bane. A pic and an animation used to be on the site, but I can't find it anymore. I think her name was Tamara? Perhaps she was a 3020 item...

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Akira

Spectre

ICV-Nevermore

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series