Guest aramike01

Well, we still have BCM!

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

I agree with you there aramike01, at least we still have BCM.

I understand the business side of the equation too though I disagree with the migration to the console platform. The PC v. Console war goes through various cycles. Each side has its upperhand in the cycle at any given time.

The only constant is this cyclic struggle is PC. Console platforms are to static IMO compared to the PC platform.

Piracy of console titles is greater than PC titles. The stories that I can tell of my tenure in the sands of Lawrence biggrin.gif

TTFN

uh, well, ummm...., BUMMER!

At least BCM is still coming! *on knees begging* PLEASE don't have a change of heart on that one....

One thing about the computer world, though; don't count the chips 'till they're on the shelf.

------------------

Cmdr. Wold

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV-Drakr

"Do or do not, there is no try!"

ICQ 4669033

BCM? Free BCTE? A hot new upcoming game idea? I'll bite!

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Well, the guy is working on the BattleCruiser series for more than 10 years now. It's very good that Derek had the motivation to work that long on this project. One time or another, we all need to change air.

And for BCTE. Damn, I was looking forward to throw an insurgent through an airlock. Just for the heck of it. smile.gif

So Derek, you want to do a game that kids could play with? Please, don't do a Barney simulator, pleaaaase smile.gif

------------------

M. Pelletier

ICQ# 7630611

E-Mail: [email protected]

I'm a little sad about losing BC3020AD, but all in all we really aren't losing all that much. Everything we really need is in BCM and then we have GCO, so all in all I guess it's not that bad.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Somewhat sad to hear but when you really think about it as Eclipse said not really losing all that much just 3020. Still got BCM and GCO so more than enough to tide us over for a few years. smile.gif

------------------

EarthCOM-Officer Karl Wolf

ECV Hammer of God

Epsilon Battle Group (Black Guard)

15th EarthCom Planetary Force

"When it comes down to it, Earth is first and everyone else can go to Hell."

Guest aramike01

I didn't say this in my earlier post, but all I truly wish is for us to continue to have that link to Derek that he gives those who play his game.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Cheer up everybody BCM will be out soon and one never knows what could happen. The popularity of BCM could sway SC's decision, but I can't say that I blame him as ten years is a long time. A change could help refresh the spirits and we all know how that can be. Good Luck with your new engine SC and keep us informed.

------------------

rgordon434

I agree with Aramike. At least we still have BCM coming down the pipe.

It's also nice that Derek chose to give us a heads up on this here on the board instead of us reading about it in some magazine. It shows he truly cares for his fans, and for that I am one grateful BC fan! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

[This message has been edited by ShoHashi (edited 08-07-2000).]

Guest Cmdr Josh Dilvorn

Wow... shocked.

Like everyone has said already, at least we'll have BCM and GCO. Hell, it's going to take me years to tire of BCM, let alone GCO. And by the time I do get tired of playing those two, I'll have kids of my own, and they can play Derek's new line of games. :P

------------------

Commander Josh Dilvorn

GCV Conquest ISS06

Defense Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

ISS Homepage GCV Conquest Home

"Honour is what no man can give you, and no man can take away"

I'm shocked as well, but still say good luck SC in whatever Project ABC turns out to be.

------------------

Commander Bandus

GCV Defiant

*1st Squadron,*HammerHead Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Masada

"Universal Peace Through Deadly Force"

ICQ 48630242 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Just like BC3K v2.0x, BCM and especially GCO, will continue to grow. So, I don't see what the furor is all about. I added many freebie features in v2.0x that were never part of its spec. I could've rolled them into BCM if I wanted. I did because I wanted to extend the life of v2.0x without rushing out with BCM. Because GCO is MMP and I can just keep adding stuff to it, that should be a clue that while it may be the last title in the BC series, it will be around for awhile.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 08-09-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away for awhile. I saw the news the BCTE was no more. My question is, will we

still be able to walk in FP on the planets?

If we are, are there other marines that we fight? Or do we take out the bases? BTW, i just saw the new screenshots. They keep looking better and better.

Yuppers, FPS aspect is still in there.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Yep. FP on planets is still in - nothing to do with FP in buildings/ships.

Heh, last night I was testing something and drop-launched from a moving shuttle, switched on my jetpack and made a beeline for a vehicle I saw parked near an Insurgent base. By the time I landed and was running across the terrain (jetpack ran out of charge), some ******* grabbed the vehicle and took off - destination unknown.

Guest aramike01

Listen to the SC, everyone - that's a GRADE A, Sublime, Supreme, Stellar, taunt.

Me wants da GAME! smile.gif

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

quote:

Heh, last night I was testing something and drop-launched from a moving shuttle, switched on my jetpack and made a beeline for a vehicle I saw parked near an Insurgent base. By the time I landed and was running across the terrain (jetpack ran out of charge), some ******* grabbed the vehicle and took off - destination unknown.

Classic!! smile.gif I would love to have seen a replay of that!

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

quote:

Listen to the SC, everyone - that's a GRADE A, Sublime, Supreme, Stellar, taunt.

Me wants da GAME!

Heck yeah! September 15th eh? Can't wait.

S.C

Am I on the beta team? Remember you said I could be on the beta-team, how about it? Please!!! I will pay!!

*Cuddles his radioactive garden gnomes, blatantly oversized shotgun, and large blunt object close for good luck*

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews