BCM countdown to chaos...

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

As for distribution. Its going to cost about $10 + S&H to get in on the gig. It won't be a download. You have to obtain a serialized CD-ROM. $5 of this goes toward your purchase of the final boxed game.

I'm ready to send it now! Just tell me when! smile.gif

quote:

So is it safe to assume that some sort of "...applications are now being accepted for...BCM beta... Send application to [email protected]... Note: e-mail address is fictious, or words to that effect, that will open the BCM beta-test floodgates?

I vaguely remember the SC referring to some-such thing a few months back.

Good question!

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The internal official Beta Testers will always get the compat builds before the public version goes online. And they get the CD-ROM mailed to them FOC too. I have a list of new Beta testers that I am going to add, once Justin is finished with the new profiles database he is working on. I asked him to finish that up before going back to the Fleet Roster he was doing.

All cheques would be made out to 3000AD, Inc. But, I'm probably going to be using BMT Micro for this gig.

SC, if through some wildly psychotic twist of fate I make that beta list, I am going to officially declare you the meanest person on this planet. Why? Because I'm flat broke on HD space, and I'll have to delete half the games I'm playing to make sure this game is nice and comfy with at least 1 gig free for any swap files it might need smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

[This message has been edited by Parias (edited 08-15-2000).]

Heh...

BC3000AD Official Demo* - $10 +S&H**

If delivery is to be made to an asteroid or comet please add $30 for shipping and handling.

* Offer not available to Galcom employees or their families.

**All proceeds go to Parias'es new hard drive.

biggrin.gif

Guest aramike01

Parias, why don't you send a band of your gnomes to *buy* you a new HD?

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Will a 36x be fast enough or do I need faster?

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Hell, I crammed Freespace 2 on here on a full install, maybe by some blind luck I might be able to yank out another gig.

....Yeah, and for my next magic trick, I'll now produce a final copy of BC3020. Haw!

If worst comes to worst, I could always delete the next-best game sitting on my HD, FS2 smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Freespace 2 eats up 1.2 gig. Diablo 2 eats up 1.5. Don't ask how I managed the room for either of those alone, it's an ugly tale.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

Guest aramike01

Nah, I always figured that such a massive game would be quite the install!

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

1gig!!! eek.gif

I will just have to make time to swap out the 800meg drive for the shinny new 13.6gig, I just got, to complement the 5.1gig drive that is just about full. When my bios gets done slicing all that space up into little 2.1gig drives, it looks like I am running over 12 drives in the box. BCM will just have one to itself that's all.

Parias, I feel for you, man, I have been there. Still am btw, but not for long.

biggrin.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by GREG MILLER (edited 08-16-2000).]

If you have a CD-ROM that is at least faster than 8x, you can keep all the sound/music on the CD-ROM. So, you'd really only need about 400MB for the game itself. You can also keep the planetary maps on the CD-ROM, saving another 200MB or so.

1 gig, huh?

anyone know if there are any external cases for scsi u2w hd's? I've now been trying to get hands on one for 3 months over here, without *any* hint of success. And i have this HD laying around, but no room in my main case for it....

------------------

Cmdr. Raven

ICV Merlin

Spectre Fleet

spectre HQ. Ambassador

a simple solution on my part: transfer all my games/prog's to my mom's computer smile.gif

although I should have a new computer built by the 15th...hmmmmm

I have an 8GB HD sitting on my dresser, but I got a tiny case and would have to make...structural modifications in order to accommodate it.

I just got a 30 gig Maxtor harddrive and I have a 850 mhz AMD Thunderbird cpu on order So do you think I'm ready?

------------------

Cmdr. Canuck

UCV Iron Fist

I can't go to work today,the voices keep saying

"Stay home and clean the guns!"

Never forget your Battlecruiser was made by the lowest bidder.

Hard drives are cheap enough these days, so I am not concerned with space and I am running 128 mb ram so I don't see any problems there. 36x CD drive, Voodoo3 video card and 500 mhz Pentium III computer. So bring it on I'm ready !!!!!!

------------------

rgordon434

Actually, although I've got a 48x CDROM drive, I'll probably end up doing a full install anyways. Why you ask? Because I have one of those drives that was built by the local jet-engine factory. The windup times are horrible, it often spits out CDs hot enough to burn my hand (well, minor exaggeration) and it makes a lot of noise. I'd imagine that it'd kinda be a minor disadvantage in Multiplayer to have to wait 30 seconds to bring up your navmap while some newbie is chipping away at your ship with PTA fire smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

Guest aramike01

Geez, and here I thought I was cool with my 1/4 empty 7 gig'er.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid