BCM Product Info updated

Supreme Cmdr

I have updated the BCM products info page with a rundown of the new and most important features in BCM.

btw, there are still some logistical issues regarding the upcoming compatibility test release, which may cause it to not be available on 9-15-00 as planned. For one thing, the reg database is not yet finished, two, the download is still a whopping 350MB. Working on a solution. You'll know when I know.

350 megs? Wow, the download I could handle, the room I couldn't. Not this very second anyways, Baldur's Gate 2 eats up a lot of room smile.gif

Oh well, so long as it's not too far away I'm happy.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Awaiting final assignment

Balor Fleet

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

I think I could hande it IF they actualy let me connect and download it.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

I got to reading the features...and made it to the one that pointed out you could inflict fatal head shots...bout that time I passed out and had to be revived by local authorities..

------------------

Commander Bandus

GCV Defiant, Starbase Masada

Wing Leader, Wraith Fleet/Hammerhead Wing

"Universal Peace Through Deadly Force"

350 Megs? That'll be a personal record for me but I'm up for it.

My cable co. just upped the speed a bit so this'll be the test.

I do like Tac's idea though.

Make the CD a collectors item ,a little keepsake if you will.

First Edition beta of the Worlds Greatest Game, something to show the grandkids. biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Canuck

GCV Iron Fist, GALCOMHQ (EARTH)

Prime Fleet

[This message has been edited by Canuck (edited 09-06-2000).]

So if it's not a download, where's the problem lie in it being 350 megs? Hell, if it's on a CD, you could make the test 650+ megs for all I care (although the chances of that actually happening are equal to the chance of me suddenly flying around the room under my own power). Despite my precarious HD space situation, I'm still able to yank a good gig or half out of my ass when needed smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Awaiting final assignment

Balor Fleet

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

plenty of hd room here! tell me where to send the check, money order, or cc. biggrin.gif I'm even registered with pay-pal...

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

Not being a download solves the "blocked" server roblem for me at least, hopefully they don't read out mail biggrin.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

I only have a 56K modem, but size of a file has never stopped me for downloading something. I just got done downloading a file that was 500 meg (Mandrake-Linux verson 7.2 beta). Took me 24 hours to do it. It is nice to have two phone lines. But if I have to pay to get the test then show me where to order!!!!

With all those features, this will definitely be my last pc game. Hope this is released before I ship off to boot camp on january. Damn, talk about bad timing for me.

------------------

Cmdr. Kron

ICV Darkness, Spectre (Antis)

Spectre Fleet

[This message has been edited by DarkHorizon (edited 09-08-2000).]

I also think Tac's idea is the best, I don't think that anyone, serious about having this game would have a problem shelling out a few bucks to get it. Just a suggestion, but I'm sure that anyone on this site that has a

CD-R would burn some copies for distribution to purchasers. Count me in if this is a viable solution.

------------------

rgordon434

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding!!

Some of those features keep me drooling. AI-based ship boarding? CTAS? Fog of war? Location-based hit detection?

Looks like BCM has everything I ever wanted in the BC series or any other space sim game.

Cool!

------------------

See you out there, among the stars

Cmdr Nava, GCV Nemesis (Official BC3k tester)

SC

Will bcm have difference in usa or europe , will they be compatible with the usa versions and servers??

Cause i would have to wait ages for the game to come out here , so im ordering it from the shop like i did with bc3k v.2.0.8.?

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

GCV Prophecy IV, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Intel & Espionage Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

"silence is gold"

Some games are changed significantly between countries. I know that the Tomb Raider game's puzzles were dumbed down when they came over to the USA because of all us

"stupid Americas" wink.gif Maybe somebody should tell Eidos that we bitched about the puzzles

because they weren't any fun and completely un-creative (If I ever have to pull another

lever in an "adventure" game again I'm gonna snap!). Speaking of puzzles, Sanity has

some great imaginative and logical puzzles. Oops, wrong forum wink.gif

Guest aramike01

I guess the best question would be: How in the heck would they be different?

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet