Discussion from the BCM Beta front

Supreme Cmdr

I was just wondering how much will the final version be discounted if we sign up for the beta? I am just hoping its at least $15(the price of the beta) or close to that. SC thank you for a wonderful game and I want bcm asap so I can play it on WINMe. BC3k works fine now except that I cant zoom to any ground battle zones.

thanks sc and one question about the beta...will any ships besides the battlecrusier have craft inside them and if so what ships hold what( if there are many just a couple of examples please) because I heard somewhere that the BC would be the only craft capable of holding other craft.

Cmdr Blake- many ships in BCM will carry Fcs and SHs. In fact some Carriers will be able to carry more craft than the Mk3 BC ever did.

I will not say anything about specific craft cause I am not sure how far we can go talking about this.

Yeeeeehaw!!!!

I fear this game is going to own me.

"Kush, why not just apply for the Beta program and save yourself the hernia?"

You know what, I've thought about it, but it's kinda like this... I'm the kind of guy who really enjoys the anticipation of christmas morning. Even if I know what my gift is, I like to wait until the pain of expectation is unbearable. cwm35.gif

All the little tid bits of info about the game make the anticipation that much sweeter! I love this thread! It's alot of fun.

I hope you guys don't mind my questions. I have to admit, this game has spoiled me with any other space sim. Now when I play Starfleet command, I want to know why can't I land a shuttle on a planet. Why can't I go wherever I want? Do whatever I want? Why can't I trade goods? I spent alot of money on that game and now it's useless to me. Useless!!! And I blame YOU Derek! This is all your fault! Damn you! Damn you to Hell!!!!

cwm32.gif

Now I'm just gonna wait for any little tidbits about the next beta patch. It sounds to me like you guys are actually kinda busy testing the different career paths and whatnot. Any tasty morsels about what you've discovered about the career paths would be greatly appreciated.

PS: This is slightly off topic, but I was wondering, is there any plan to release an SDK once the game is done? The thing I think I love the most about this game is the loving attention to detail and depth the game offers, it obviously inspires a whole heap of creativity in the fans of the game. Has there been any thought to opening up the game to the fans so that they can add more and more detail over time? Or perhaps it's not a good idea in light of the plans for the whole Galcom online deal. Just a thought.

Kush,

The ability to do all the things that we are able to do in BC3K is the reason we all love the game so much. In BCM you can do so much more, I have also played Starfleet Command along with many other space sims, none of the even come close to BCM or for that fact BC3K. You should take the SC's offer and sign up for the beta program and see for yourself. As you can see the crew testing the game is not giving out too much information, why you ask, because we are having too much fun to stop playing and we don't want to let go of our little secrets.

I installed the Beta yesterday, and nothing I can say would do it justice!!!

The graphics!! ahh, the beautiful graphics, never have I seen such gorgeous rendering in my life of gaming!! planets, ships, stars, moons, people, geez, I could go on and on, SC didn't leave out a thing, and he's improving it.

The sounds!!! with a bass speaker the explosions are unreal, feel my whole desk shake, the soundtrack is wonderful, SC picked some good stuff, feels good in the game!!!

The soundfx are GREAT, feels like you are on the ship, the explosions, feel them!!!

Puts me in the BC world, total immersion!!!

I can't wait until he finishes this, it is a work of art the way it is, but it will be a masterpiece when finished!!!

So, in closing, I am awe inspired, the more I play the more I am blown away!!!

cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Excelsior

This is not just a game, It's a life unto itself!!

Guest --John Crichton--

I have a question for you betas (in aldous huxley land). What about the aesthetics of the game, you know the little sounds and animations that you dont really take time to think about at first, but after awhile you realize how cool they are. Like, say you go from 0 mph and fire the after burner. Are there any tension and compression creaks(sounds) when something like this occurs? That was a really off-the-wall example but im just trying to give you an example of what i mean. Or say you were to have your marine on a planet jump off a cliff to his certain death, is there a blood-curtling scream of terror???? It's the little things in life that make it enjoyable.

What about when you switch to Tacops? Please tell me that woman moaning in such bitter monotone , "Tacops computer activated" is gone. No insult to whoever recorded it. Just a few of the annoying questions i will asking.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by --John Crichton-- (edited 01-03-2001).]

Guest --John Crichton--

I'm not going to argue your opinion, but, do you use tacops much? That same voice gets old after you switch to tacops 3 times.

But anyways. I thought of another question. Is there pitter patter of little marine feet on the ground as he is relentlessly pursued by a gammulan baddie?

what about 50 marines marching onto the bridge? that should make a sound... btw if a marine gets hit by a sam while hes using his jetpack and theres noone around...does he make a sound?

heh jk of corse he makes a sound then 1 of 2 sounds... first a scream tehn ether boom as the missle hits him or a splat as the missle hits him but doesnt detonate. heh

oh also if the bridge gets hit by weapons when the shields are down do you hear the decompression and the the officers screams as they try to get out the door but cant because theyve already closed because of the decompression???? oh btw you would probably die during this...

Guest --John Crichton--

Ahh well, she is no Chiana, but i guess i could see your point after playing the game for a few hours.

And, seeing a previous post about the sound effects, maybe i got a little too silly also. I was serious though about sound effects. Are there more than just the gun blasts, collisions, and explsions, etc.??