New Dev Diary

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

I really like that sub. gonna be fun to try to nail that thing with a cruiser or fighter

You won't be able to, because carriers/cruisers/fighters do not have the necessary weaponry - unless of course, a total git is at the helm of the sub and decides to surface, with a threat around. A batch of well placed ATS missiles should quickly cure that stupidity.

OMG the people who will be looking at the box will think that all of the screen shots are from cutmovies outside of the game's many engines, like most other games do,, red alert 2 comes to mind with 2 ingame shots, bcm is a beau-tif-l game SC, like jagwar said when this game gets to canada,,, i will be the first in the huge line to get this amaxing game

WRT

GCO

quote:

unless of course, a total git is at the helm of the sub and decides to surface, with a threat around. A batch of well placed ATS missiles should quickly cure that stupidity.

I will prebly be that gitwith my horrible spelling skills

quote:

Nav Officer: sir there is a BCmk2 on the surface looking for us

Me: fibe, i mean dive OMFG i cant spell

Nav officer: what?

GNN the next day: acording to our sources the insurgant ship the: naturius was loast with all hands, details at 11

[ 04-17-2001: Message edited by: Baloogan ]

Yay at last I can post... Anyway I luv the pictures of the sub... I do a bit of modeling myself for other computer games

(3 party) Whats the polycount on one of those things?

Anyway I will intro myself..

My name is Snoopy and I learn't about this game last July in PCZone (page 99) where they were doing an artical on Space Sim and it had good ol' Derek's mug shot and it goes on about how 3000 was a bit ambitous at the time and then it goes on to say that he will be producing Battle Crusier Millenium , Tactial Engagment , Battle Cruiser 3020AD & Galatic Command Online.

Thats it... History lesson over.. now lets have sum fun!

You won't be able to, because carriers/cruisers/fighters do not have the necessary weaponry - unless of course, a total git is at the helm of the sub and decides to surface, with a threat around. A batch of well placed ATS missiles should quickly cure that stupidity.

Is there any plans to add these weapons as an option for players using carriers or fighter, maybe Elite force pilots could be send on mission to find and torpedo one of these things?

quote:

Originally posted by Baloogan:

OMG the people who will be looking at the box will think that all of the screen shots are from cutmovies outside of the game's many engines, like most other games do. . . .

Agreed, I've become so used to seeing this type of quality while working with the beta that I've lost touch with the reality that what I'm seeing on my screen is actually the quality of a high end cutscene. I can just hear someone thinking, "Great movie shots, but what does the game look like?"

[ 04-18-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

heh, which is why I had Jason add the Actual in-game shots to the final box (which I have now uploaded).

btw, the EB marketing folks were very impressed with the box. Jason did a kick-ass job with the artwork. heh, I sent him 20 screen shots to use, but the final layout only allowed 8 shots. Believe me, I had a tough time picking out 8 shots.

I also posted some more blurb on today's GNN entry, wrt GCO.

[ 04-18-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

My head is sore.. I can understand the killing of the question post but the last 1 I do not get... I was appologising for posting it now that 1 is gone.. I can never do n e thing right in this %*@! world....

I'm still buying this game no matter what..

L really like the Sub pics and the box art

Thanks 4 the support with the off post thingy.. but htat was my 2nd post so not off 2 a good start with good ol' boss.. Have u guys seen the picture of him with his car.. the number plate is something like 3000AD or something

------

"Remember good things are like carnivals, wait long enough and they always come back"

Quote from Ryoko the best blue/green haired women I ever did see :P