Things that make you go...whoa!!!

Supreme Cmdr

no biggie. i just started lookin' at it recently to see how it was going.

The 1st public beta w/new terrain engine expired yesterday (does that mean that the next few demos are coming out soon?).

Look at how few bugs are left! Also, i recommend checking the Work In Progress section, too. Both of those show you how close we are to BCM Gold! Shall we begin the countdown (getting close to summer!)?

Click Here For BCM Version Control File (The Bugs, and WIP sections are near the bottom)

[ 05-02-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

This is likely one of the most asinine questions ever asked on the boards... but what about trees and forests?

The new terrain engine has full support for trees, foliage and grass. Still waiting for the models to be finished. Also, shadows and weather effects (rain, snow etc) are fully supported and being implemented. Everything comes in stages. So simmer down and read the VCF file often.

The current Beta has expired and am not extending it. The Beta will be out soon.

Scrivener

I could see placing trees on earth, but it would be very strange to see a tree anywhere else in the universe.

Most planets are giant, empty and vast. That's partially what makes this planet so precious.

BTW

The latest images are ASTOUNDING!

I'm not going to freak out. Not yet. But I'm very excited.

I just read the version control file. "head spining" I think I am gonna go build a statis chamber hop inside and post a note "Wake me up when BC:M is released". (or I will just hop in the fridge and see how long I can last)

[ 05-03-2001: Message edited by: Soback ]

IWar2 is ok, but compared to BC:M it's more like an arcade game than a real space sim. Don't play it after BC:M, any other game will be dissapointing.

quote:

Originally posted by Kush:

Scrivener

I could see placing trees on earth, but it would be very strange to see a tree anywhere else in the universe.

All planets that races come from should have trees and forest (Lanix-V, Tramis, Gamma-1...)

They've taken IWar2 into a different direction (arcade shooter with a story), so I don't consider it to be competition any more. Both games have a market and space sim fans will most likely buy both games.

Originally posted by Outlaw "You will lose sleep, u may never buy another game, u will be addicted! Long live BCM! "

Maybe that should be on the box of BC:M instead of "Where do you want to play today..." LOL

quote:

Originally posted by Kush:

Scrivener

Most planets are giant, empty and vast. That's partially what makes
this
planet so precious.

If our trees can grow on some planet, are we so unlikely to take it with us and cultivate it?

Oh, and, I almost forgot to tell... Great pics! (Perhaps except the upper-right word in some of the screens )

How about a mailing list to announce the episodes as they come out? I certainly wanna know as soon as it happens...