New BCM weather fx shots

Supreme Cmdr

Guest $iLk

Kick@$$ shots! The weather will be random in different areas right? I think I remember something about different temperate zones on planets or something.

It's getting close and the wait is unbearable...

I'm not sure I like that. You plan a nice day at the beach, park your BC in a safe orbit and beam yourself down to that deserted beach, with a cute blonde girl and a picnic basket. You're enjoying the romantic sunset, when all of a sudden you hear a thunder and it starts to rain.

Isn't it bad enough when it happens in real life?

Seriously, though, the new shots are sweet!

Are you planning to put the thunder effects all over the place in the gas giants? That'd be so cool!

Oooo...do Marine careers get to select umbrellas and galoshes?

How far are the weather effects going? Will the snow pile up ("Damnit, Resnig, I don't care if there's 6 feet drifts! It's an All Terrain Vehical{/b], fer crying out loud!")? Will there be lighting? Heh, that'll make you think twice about flying you multi-billion dollar Battlecruiser in bad weather (if the STO's don't get ya first... )

How cool would that be if when there's lightning there's a randow change that it might hit a battlecruiser or whatever ship you are using and mess up it's systems, but that's not important. New shots look great, this waiting sucks big time, but everyday THE DAY grows near.

There are lightning flashes in gas giants, but no thunder sounds.

The weather is random, depending on where you are and time of day.

Snow won't pile up. Not everyone has a 1GHz machine....but, by using decals, the snow will later be made to multi-texture on the surface (just like bullet holes) and linger for awhile before disappearing. The same tech is being used for ripples when objects (even rain), hit water.

Truly stunning, in all my life as a gamer I have not quite seen anything like it. Everything from the pure concept to the game play, it all seems fascinatingโ€ฆ

I am flying to Florida for the summer holidays, canโ€™t wait to pick up a copy!

quote:

Will there be an option to roll a snowball so in multiplayer I can smack my buddy upside the head when he's not looking?

LOL!

I hope if anything cool like this (read: easter eggs!) does end up in BCM, we get told how to find them!

I was just kidding about the snowballs. I think SC is just worried about getting all the described features in the game and working at this point. If theres going to be anything like that I think he might add it latter down the road in GCO or something(if he has time that is).

>Are thuose new shots by any chance from vancouver, looks like it! Rain rain and more rain, did i mention rain!

You're in the center of the 20 foot circle where it rains. Can you imagine anything more typical?