New BCM shots & E2 demo news!!

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SC, just picked up "Computer Gaming World" for July and it had the BCM Demo. I popped it in and it works great. I also found the Demo in the June issue of "Computer Games". This sure makes me feel great that the nay-sayers of old are getting into the swing of things...

'MAX'

I'm getting worried here... I might only get a chance to sample the PTE-II when the actual Gold version hits EB's shelves!

The anxiety is killing me. Well, anxiety, and my horrible flu.

quote:

Nah. Just be patient, the E2 demo is coming.

Thanks, SC. That's reassuring.

I'll have to figure out what I'll wear when I go to buy the game... probably a blazer with some track pants. That'd be cool.

quote:

Originally posted by Joaquin:

Underwater radio communication is currently being used at Extremely Low Frequencies (ELF). See

If you own a copy of jane's fleet command, and you have installed the "warship database" + patch, you can get a taste of it. Submarines suddenly became usable in FC

Guest Commander Hamblin

I never play Fleet Command any more, without the Warships Development Project mod installed. It's great, gives you things like Royal Navy's LPH HMS Ocean (Even though they used HMS Invincible's model), the Iowa class BB's, and even the old Sturgeon class subs. They also make it more accurate in many ways. For instance, the Batch 3 Broadsword class Frigates, despite the model itself not having the 4.5" Vickers gun, have the ability to fire that gun (Even though it's not there...it's funny to see them firing from an invisible gun).

They also add DDG 79 Oscar Austin through to DDG 83 Howard, which are all Flight II Arleigh Burke class Destroyers. The model is still the same as the Flight I (They didn't change the models, for the most part, only created new ones for new ships, and the new ones aren't textured), but because the Flight II have the ability to carry the SH-60b helos, you get to see it launch helicopters from an invisible hangar.

And there's lots of other crazy stuff like that in there, I'm sure.

I'd give you the link, but I'm at work now (It's on my bookmarks at home, though).

Iowa Class BB's

Please Hamblin, get me that link!!!

Although, maybe you might want to start a new thread in General Discussions, so we may get this thread back on Topic.

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: GREG MILLER ]

www.navalwarfare.net

"Warship DataBase - Advanced Fleet Command"

There are many things they have done that IMO cripples it. Soooo many things they have decided in their DB design that I disagree with. AND they try make sure noone can even look at their database, much less change it.

btw, make sure you get both patch AND database, or you're screwed.

Myself, I'm waiting for sub command. I know those navalwarfare.net guys are gonna put their paws on it, but I hope they don't wreck it just as heavily.

Oh, they've done some good stuff too, but IMO the "bad" stuff outweighs it.

• 4 weeks later...