BCM Production News etc

Supreme Cmdr

And behold there will come a great crying and gnashing of teeth to those who had not the wisdom to pre-order BCM.

The Sadducees and the Pharisees of all the great game selling houses will wail and throw dust upon themselves when they see the greatness of EB's wisdom for backing this title.

Woe unto those who have not the virtue of patience. For they may never inherit the true spirit of what Derek hath wrought.

I have watched and waited for over twenty years for a true space simulator. Another week or two doesn't matter. Besides, the wife is in no rush to become a BCM widow, but a BCM widow she will be.

All in all Derek, it doesn't matter what the general public thinks or wants. You did it your way and that's all that matters. They will come to realize that your staunch adherence to perfection is something that is very much lacking in the games industry these days. They should thank you for it.

My heartiest congratulations to you and the team.

I like the pics and the sea texture is real nice almost life like. The sunset (or sunrise) looks quite realistic too.

quote:

Besides, the wife is in no rush to become a BCM widow, but a BCM widow she will be.

Only if my fee is not paid of course.

Oh yeah I love it! This is sooo cool!

And Derek said the following on

Just post the excerpt and not the VE thread.

Referring to this picture

quote:

"Lookin good Derek.. one question though.. why does it say 1967 for the date?"

Thanks! As I indicated, Darrin set the clock to that date and he got the actual moon and stars position accordingly. Pretty nifty aye?

Agree

Are terrain (not water) pics available yet?

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I can wait a while longer. I've got OFP and C2 to keep my busy for a while yet (took me till 2am to get into the sub pen at La Rochelle).

Love the idea of the WWW, can just imagine putting down outside my appartment and popping in for a cup of tea.

Just finished reading through the BCM thread on the voodooextreme forum. Christ, How on earth do you put up with that shit. What is there problem, why so personal?

The strange thing is I reckon some of those negative comments come from people who actually want to play BCM! why else have they been following the progress of the game since going gold!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

But I don't like the fact that Shirley said that Aramike was stupid.

Well, that IS Shirley we're dealing with. What did you expect? He's the forum idiot. Ignoring him is usually the best medicine.

Those VE threads get a little crazy, and Shirleys obsession is getting a little scary.

Oh well, when a person has their head where the sun don't shine, it takes a bit of force to get it out.

I like it!! I get the gamespy e-mail every day, I need to pay closer attention to it.

Free advertising, don't ya just LOVE it!!

And VE seems to have settled down, Shirley hasn't posted in over 24 hours, and not a detractor to be found. How interesting, and how refreshing!!

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

I like it!! I get the gamespy e-mail every day, I need to pay closer attention to it.

Free advertising, don't ya just LOVE it!!

And VE seems to have settled down, Shirley hasn't posted in over 24 hours, and not a detractor to be found. How interesting, and how refreshing!!

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

heh, look again. Shirley only seems to post when one of his minions does. Go look.

Oh well, can't expect any sense out of the man after all these years of obsessing.

It is really sad that he can't get a life, If it weren't so sick, I might actually feel sorry for him.

Heh... I was actually thinking of trying to address Shirley's points. Instead I said "screw it" and went on the offensive. It seems like all Shirley and co. ever do is just pick propaganda pieces and parrot them ad nauseum. So I wanted to see if I could press any of Shirley's buttons by not confronting the 'issues'. I figured if I did it in a sarcastic and obnoxious manner, without resorting to name calling, maybe Shirley might crack. Or maybe realize that any kind of 'debate' would be pointless because all I would do is ridicule him/her/it at every turn. I hope it was entertaining at least. Wilf seemed to disappear rather quickly...

I'm sure Shirles thought she/he/it had me, too, when I said I couldn't get to the forums. Wow! I'm such a great hacker that even though I'm "banned" I can still add posts!

Oh darn, and I just gave away my plan... plan A that is...