BCM Production News etc

Supreme Cmdr

God almighty!!! my eyes are bleeding, I have ruptured kidneys and a haemorrhaging spleen from reading that VE garbage. I used to think I was bit of a loser, but looking at the likes of shirely and lamama and the utter shite issuing from them, I realise, damn! NO LIFE. I dont understand why they feel they must try and force their opinions of Derek (whom they dont even know) on everyone else.

I came across BC while searching for abandonware (i'm an rabid frontier fan ) and fell completely for the game, quirks and all. I read the history of the game which instilled a great respect for Derek in me. While I think some of the things Derek says and does are a little extreme or unfair, so what? he doesn't care what i think about him and I dont care what he thinks of me. but I still respect him. As a man who sticks by his fans and his products, as a man who does things HIS way. I pre ordered BCM purely on the merits of bc3k and on my belief that Derek has and will put everything he has into BCM, and that he will stand by his fans.

I'm still a nOOb and I still have much to learn about BC and the SC, but thats how I feel.

SC, I salute you.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

heh, those guys are a wasted cause. It is particularly hilarious to watch Shirley foam at the mouth, time after time.

Wasted cause yes, if you try to reason with them. You have to enjoy it for the pure entertainment value that it is. It's pretty fun trying to turn everything into a circus... Shirley/Wilf/Fabio is too happy to oblige in playing the clown.

Unfortunately VE must have a time limit on their 'hot threads' as it's gone from the list. If you do a search at VE on BCM you can see how many posts some of the past threads have gotten. I think the thread on March 17 may be the VE record with over 1100. Looks like the big 'flame war' seems to be losing steam, at least on VE. Once the game hits the shelves and the multiplayer patch comes out, Shirley and co. will have little to scream about.

They'll be screaming like little stuck pigs!! LOL

Could be fun to watch as they disapear and new alias' come out saying the same thing. Because the old ones would have lost ALL credibility with anyone.

##incoming transmission from Galcom Intelligence

Mission Report:

Plan B put into operation on 11/16/01.

Theatre of Operation:

http://www.ve3d.com/comments.taf?postID=22916

Mission Details: Trolls were not fed. All troll activity seems to be minimal. Trolls were observed to still read BCM forums even though they are opposed to the Supreme Commander.

Mission Analysis: The trolls may still be unaware that any controversy stirs up publicity, which benefits our cause [see case files of Eminem, Ice T, Marilyn Manson, etc.]. The Supreme Commander's recommendation of troll starvation has proven to be effective. All units are to adhere to this directive until further notice.

Be advised that this transmission may have been intercepted by hostile forces, and could be converted for use as propaganda.

Unit 76 out##

Why do people who are BCM fans would even bother replying or visiting those threads? I read through them and all they say is basically crap. It has no basis AT ALL, maybe if they bothered trying EP1 and EP2 demos they would just shut up because abviously none of them know what they are talking about.

Actually forget that. If they don't know what they are talking about and are still yaping away then God forbid they would happen to like the demos and come here. All it would mean is a million stupid threads about questions that have been asked before a million times and they would post in the wrong forum. You can understand a newbie doing it once or twice, getting a slap, realizing that this place has rules that are actually inforced for a change and then getting his act together. Judging by those retarted individuals they would never learn so it's best to just sweep them to the side and ignore them all together.

Don't look now, but here comes Jaws...errr Shirley.

I guess the best part of whatshisname's little diatribe was the "attempt" to look intelligent.

Some people never learn how to parse what they have written.

[rp]

Gee Billy Bob. How does ya spells succeed?

S U C E E D ya idjit!

[/rp]

Many people succeed. Some just get to the first syllable.

##incoming transmission from Galcom Intelligence

Mission Report for Stardate 11.19.01: Due to presence of trolls, $20 bet offered by Unit 76 cannot be claimed. Reprimand of Unit Fendi recommended, for failure to observe the Supreme Commander's directive, and for use of colorful language.

Our mission analysis dictates the need for further experimentation. Details of Plan C are as follows:

Experiment C: Operation Sunshine

Code words: bunnies, kittens, happy little puppies

We recommend that the Supreme Commander conduct all communication at the Theatre of Operation using a manner that is as friendly and as non-threatening as possible. We believe that hostile forces will become confused as to the Supreme Commander's intent. We believe that the resulting data will be very useful for further operations of the Psychological Warfare Division. For threat forces to be effectively neutralized, we must gauge their reactions to a variety of stimuli.

Be advised that threat forces employ AI drones [see threat profile: ShirleyBOT drone series] that will be unaffected by this experiment.

We are aware that Galcom communications are routinely intercepted and subverted for propaganda purposes. This message will self-destruct in that event.

Unit 76 out##

Jeez whats wrong with these people?

Do they take the time to piss on every game that is late comming out?

I mean I see this in EVERY SINGLE GAME!...

Of course if the developers give in to the gamers demands and release the game (though it has bugs) the criticizing triples!!!

sheesh people these days...

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Carl Burning ]