New Products Announcement

Supreme Cmdr

A new galaxy of 100 planets and moons linked to the old one? This is going to be insanely huge. New units? The station commander sounds cool. Jump in a ship from that station, if it gets damaged come back and exchange it for the new ship, launch, get some more ships to create a battle group and go on a mission with 60 marines on the ground.

I don't know why but BTC seems to be my top favourite upcoming project by 3000AD.

"view the outside world (space or planet) from your bridgeviewer or porthole somewhere on, say, deck 3 "

Ahhhhh thats why.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

New units? The station commander sounds cool. Jump in a ship from that station, if it gets damaged come back and exchange it for the new ship, launch, get some more ships to create a battle group and go on a mission with 60 marines on the ground.

Yep. It will be just like a carrier, but of course you can't fly it. As such, you can fly any of the assets (carrier, cruiser, fighter etc). And if you want to go on the planet below, no big deal. Just land, get out, rinse, repeat. Same thing with planetary starbases.

Don't forget the subs (check the BCXP screen shots page) which you also control. It took will have units which you can fly from land to sea and vice versa as if it were a carrier. So, you could leave your sub in the ocean and you and your marines can go on land an wreak havoc. Or just attack ground units using Tomahawk type missiles.

I have also updated GNN with more info.

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Fendi:

I don't know why but BTC seems to be my top favourite upcoming project by 3000AD.

"view the outside world (space or planet) from your bridgeviewer or porthole somewhere on, say, deck 3 "

Ahhhhh thats why.

You are essentially in first person mode the entire time. So, if your ship is patrolling a space or planetary region, you can look outside and see the world as normal.

This time though, you do NOT have flight control. All such commands have to be given to your crew or the ship's autopilot. So, you could be on deck 2 doing something, then pull up a menu and order your FO to take the ship somewhere or do something. You never have to be on the bridge.

Its hugely ambitition. Then again, if it wasn't, it wouldn't be a BC title.

quote:

You can say that again! Anyway, you deserve the vacation. Any thoughts on where you're going?

Those add-ons look mighty sweet!

quote:

You can say that again. That's what first brought me here to this forum many months ago. It's that the scope of things here comes in two sizes, Big and HUGE!!

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Fendi ]

All I have to say for this is.... DDDAAAAAMMMMMNNN!!!!!!!

Talk about a takeover of the gameing community...

The ultimate space sim and the ultimate realistic military sim.....

It sounds too good to be true...

quote:

originally by the SC-

This time though, you do NOT have flight control. All such commands have to be given to your crew or the ship's autopilot. So, you could be on deck 2 doing something, then pull up a menu and order your FO to take the ship somewhere or do something. You never have to be on the bridge.

That is awsome! Who ever heard of the commander actually piloting the ship, except for that cheesy seen in Insurection.

WOW!!! I just read all the links on this page and frankly I'm pissed. I couldn't REALLY enjoy playing BC3K because I knew about how great, and how many more things you could do in BCM. Now when BCM gets here I'm just going to be thinking about how great BTC and GCO are going to be. It's like the SC is my dealer or something, getting you hooked with a free 2.09 only telling you about the juicier stuff later on.

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: salisbury ]

quote:

Originally posted by Jerold Keenan:

After GCO and BTC are out, would you maybe be doing a version of GCO where you can walk in the ships and buildings too?

That would be sweet!

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

Thats the plan

quote:

You are essentially in first person mode the entire time. So, if your ship is patrolling a space or planetary region, you can look outside and see the world as normal.

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! It's a dream come true... almost the best part of the btc! THE thing I wanted!

Does anyone have a statis pod, so i can get in and wake up when its all ready... Then again knowing SC he keeps coming up with new stuff all the time so probably i'll never wake up.

It all sounds too good to be true. like everything else SC does.

Ok who wants to start new countdown T minus....

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Releasing BTC as an BCM add-on in volumes, sound too good to be true! It would make it the
greatest
space-sim ever...wait, I forgot it already is!

...and where exactly did you get the impression that ANY portion of BCTC would be released in volumes??

quote:

Be well and thank you for your continued support.

Heh, as long as you're here, I'll be here.

And SC, NO, You be well and thank you for your continued support of your gamers and fanbase!!

We are here because you support us in the dream game that we want. You are here personally, talking to us, yelling at us , and sometimes even using OUR ideas for your game.

There is NO other developer that does this, and I know it isn't easy, but YOU DO IT ANYWAY!!! That is what makes us want to support you so much. Some of us, I know who we are, are BC Junkies, and of course FORUM junkies!!

No, THANK YOU SC for your continued support, and developing the game we all have dreamed of!!

quote:

Posted by Supreme Cmdr:

---------------

Originally posted by DREADA:

Releasing BTC as an BCM add-on in volumes, sound too good to be true! It would make it the greatest space-sim ever...wait, I forgot it already is!

------------------

...and where exactly did you get the impression that ANY portion of BCTC would be released in volumes??

Yep, DREADA, BCXP is being released in volumes, not BCTC. (Vol 1: Earth Force Command extra ACM Scenario, New Units and Support for Multiplayer; Vol 2: BC World War->Real world military units, maps recreated from real-world DEMS of planet Earth.)

BCTC is the one where you walk inside ships and such, and is only released in one package.

quote:

(
From the
):

While I'm not touting the MMOG version of Battlecruiser (BCO) too much, all I can say is that most will see the power of the premise and the community that drives it, once it goes live sometime in 2002. Oh yeah, brand name recognition is a very valuable industry asset, which is why I change the game from Galactic Command Online, back to

Cool. Of course, this could cause some early confusion, until everyone gets this straight.