• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at the feature set for XP1 when I noticed something:

quote:

Decals support for falling snow, rain,
blood
and objects impacting water while on terrain

Now, I might be mistaken, but I recall SC saying blood would not be in the game to avoid an M rating. Has this policy changed, or is this just an oversight?

What is so wrong with the game being rated a "T" and an add-on being rated an "M"?

The only reason "The Sims" have yet to implement more realistic features is because sales are still strong. Although that Heart shaped bed was pushing it a little.

[ 02-02-2002, 14:39: Message edited by: GREG MILLER ]

Would there be any way of implementing geo-dynamics in the terrain engine, allowing missles and crash landings to create craters on a planet surface? Is this idea way too much work.

Do you see this in the XP1 feature set?

I did not see anything about texture changing in the x1 faq. Will place specific damage effects be implemented?

See above

BCM is huge. BCM-x1 is a huge list of features. Hey SC, how many lines of code do you, the flight sim jedi master, and the bco dev crew write on an average work day?

The amount of and quality of the work one does is not determined by the lines of code that is written.

[ 02-05-2002, 08:20: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

geo-mod in bcm, excuse me sir we dont all have a 3ghz comp with 1gig of ram, ever play red faction? it took a couple seconds to geo-mod a (small) area now think of this on a planatary scale sc would have to implent a loading bar so you know when the geo-mod has finished redoing the planatary surface, would probly take longer then your mineing drones filling up, what would be nice is a train system so you could transphere your ground asset to difreant bases..

quote:

Originally posted by xierxior:

geo-mod in bcm, excuse me sir we dont all have a 3ghz comp with 1gig of ram, ever play red faction? it took a couple seconds to geo-mod a (small) area now think of this on a planatary scale sc would have to implent a loading bar so you know when the geo-mod has finished redoing the planatary surface, would probly take longer then your mineing drones filling up

Uhh.. well I already played Red faction and it didn't caused any slowdown. but geo-modding could be possible in bcxp if the holes get filled after a little while... it would be cool to see a military base being full of craters after a large assault But in this case, it would probably slow the game by a noticeable measure.....

The missile holes were also a feature in Mechwarrior 3... but yet the area size can't be compared to bcm.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

The missile holes were also a feature in Mechwarrior 3... but yet the area size can't be compared to bcm.

Have you two actually looked at the terrain after an OTS detonation?

I have it rocks!

Sorry just had to add that.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Have you two actually looked at the terrain after an OTS detonation?

Yeah, pretty cool... but this are only a few holes... even though I used to bombard entire regions Launching dozens of OTS. And they're not deep enough

Here we are talking about holes for every missiles that misses it's target, about holes from crashing ships, destroyed tanks, destroyed stuctures and anything it would make it cool

quote:

And they're not deep enough

Here we are talking about holes for every missiles that misses it's target, about holes from crashing ships, destroyed tanks, destroyed stuctures and anything it would make it cool

oh, now I know what you're talking about. Of course its possible, but its not in my plans atm. I'll make a mental note of it (to create craters where crashes occur etc) however.

Reading way back I noticed you mention no specific card features to be supported. With the introduction of the XP1 package and its processor hungry attributes have you OR are you considering implementing features like Hardware T&L and other speed optimisations that are found on all common Gforce cards in most gamers machines? It would help a great deal especially when the processor doesn’t live up to much.

quote:

Originally posted by ooJAYoo:

Reading way back I noticed you mention no specific card features to be supported. With the introduction of the XP1 package and its processor hungry attributes have you OR are you considering implementing features like Hardware T&L and other speed optimisations that are found on all common Gforce cards in most gamers machines? It would help a great deal especially when the processor doesn’t live up to much.

Dunno what you're talking, BCM already supports hardware T&L

As for what other graphics attributes that XP1 will support, you'd have to wait and see.

question about the sub, will it be able to launch icbm attacks on ground targets does it operate like a command craft with iod's etc or does it use torpedos etc?

and about the building base's im really looking fowarde to this one will it work to same extent you explaned here and will you be able to build multible ones?

http://www.3000ad.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cg...ic&f=9&t=000009

[ 02-07-2002, 03:52: Message edited by: xierxior ]

• 1 month later...