BCG Combat Theme Released

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by kiloton:

Well, I guess that will teach me to not check the forum on weekends. The link is Epsilon 5 gave is down.

I want to hear it, too.

Ken

No worries. It's my damn computer that needs a reformat. I woke up this morning, and it was frozen. Can reformat this computer without getting the other computer back online :/

OK, I'm going to give this the highest compliment I can think of. This music reminds me of the score that shipped with Total Annihilation, which is THE best in-game music I have ever heard.

If the rest of the music is up to this level, we might have a contender for my personal top favorite game music. I'll have to listen to the TA CD's over again to make up my mind.

quote:

Originally posted by Joel Schultz:

OK, I'm going to give this the highest compliment I can think of. This music reminds me of the score that shipped with Total Annihilation, which is
THE
best in-game music I have ever heard.

If the rest of the music is up to this level, we might have a contender for my personal top favorite game music. I'll have to listen to the TA CD's over again to make up my mind.

I'll agree, TA was the best......and X-wing Vs. Tie Fighter(but that dosen't really count). BCG will rock

quote:

Originally posted by Joel Schultz:

The rest of the music is much much better!

I composed all the soundtrack with only one aim in my mind: have the maximum score in all the reviews.

If only one reviewer will say that the soundtrack is less than impressive... i swear... i'll change job

It's the most complex soundtrack i've ever composed and produced and i've worked on it for about 6 months (this means that the structure of every single track is very very detailed and studied).

I must say also that has been a pleasure to work with Derek. He is an expert audiophile and gave me cool advices through the music creation process. Also, being an expert audiophile he knows very well how a good soundtrack plays and he has the good hifi equipment that can let the listener to understand how really of high quality could be a soundtrack. So when he listened to my first tracks he congratulated with me and this brought me to work even more and better to provide the best possible quality for a scifi soundtrack as the one that features Battlecruiser Generations.

So... well... thanks, Derek... with your support you helped me to give the maximum and i thank you for this I'm very proud of this work, probably the best one i've made so far.

I'm curious about a point though (more directed to Derek) ... in the game, does calm music play when there's no combat, and then when enemies jump in / target you, more intense, battle themes start playing? Or you always have the same selection of songs, whatever you do (like in bcm)?

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

I'm curious about a point though (more directed to Derek) ... in the game, does calm music play when there's no combat, and then when enemies jump in / target you, more intense, battle themes start playing? Or you always have the same selection of songs, whatever you do (like in bcm)?

I am planning to do this in BCG. It is in my TODO list. And thats why Manuel did some tracks specifically for this purpose.