BCG Sneak Peak (was BCM XP1)

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In pic #30, the first thing that grabbed me was the scale of the objects and the creative screen save.

It is futuristic, the skybox looks awesome... I don't know, it just made me want to see more.

I can imagine watching this on my pc listening to the great soundtracks that come with these games.

quote:

Originally posted by Captain X:

In pic #30, the first thing that grabbed me was the scale of the objects and the creative screen save.

Dunno if we're talking about the same shot, but that one looks boring to me. All I see is a part of the station and a Zenstar flyby. Are we looking at the same image?

What does creative screen save mean?

Your right Derek - if I switch to a "technical" point-of-view, pic #30 is boring except it shows off the nice textures.

I was looking at the pictures from a more "creative / imaginary" point-of-view. Kind of like looking at an illustration depicting part of a grand science fiction story.

The creative screen grab comment was made with that point-of-view.

I think your ability to visualize is at a higher level than most peoples. You seem to take that ability for granted.

Guest rtoolooze

Ya, just got thru playing BCM for awhile, saved game, hit exit, and whoa! It does that to me every time now. You see, I have a nice new XP1 pic as my desktop background, (of course) and you can really tell the difference. And we are still just seeing early shots coming from XP1.

And S.C. say's we have'nt seen nothing yet. I believe him! Keep those shots coming, its the only thing keeping us from going insane while we wait!

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Looks great but the Zenstar looks a little too much smoothed IMHO... expecially in the cockpit area. I almost like the old one better.

Smoothing comes from the new model types, lighting etc. It is the norm.

I have uploaded 10 new shots. I took these on a Radeon 8500 with 4x SmoothVision AA. Also, in order for the shots to not degrade due to compression, they are in PNG format. So make sure your browser can decode PNG images. The thumb nails are JPEG but the images they refer to are PNG.

SmoothVision shots

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

No jagged edges. How's the quality going to be with a GeForce 3 card?

Those first 24 shots were taken on a GF3 without AA. I turned AA on and it doesn't look much different from the Radeon shots - except that the latter seems to have a more sharper image (this has always been the case for ATI and Matrox boards)

quote:

How do you top that? Will one of his next projects be something akin to a Dyson-Sphere? Heh.

HEY!!!!! Don't you give him any ideas. We want him to finish the projects he is working on now.

quote:

Originally posted by KreKol:

quote:

How do you top that? Will one of his next projects be something akin to a Dyson-Sphere? Heh.

HEY!!!!! Don't you give him any ideas. We want him to finish the projects he is working on now.

hehe

The pics are looking fantastic!

But, I've said it before and I'll say it again...

The pics don't come close to doing the game justice when it's running

I'm glad that I just emptied my drool cup.

[ 03-19-2002, 15:09: Message edited by: Wolferz ]

I know I read the XP1 FAQ thread with the all the graphics, gamplay and other enhancements and I'm like...ah, that will be nice...yep yup...

When did he say he was going to release that?...hmmm it's fine I can wait...I can wait...I can...wait ...I'M WEAK...I'M TOO WEAK...CAN'T WAIT...CAN'T WAIT...MUST HAVE NOW NOW NOW!! hehe

But, alas...in the end...must wait..wait wait wait. I'll just keep practicing...

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to be releasing an ingame movie from XP1 on Monday or Tuesday.

Until then, tomorrow I will be releasing 18 new screen shots.

I have uploaded three teasers. Don't even bother adding letters to the path thinking the other shots are there. They are not.

photo051

photo055

photo068