BCG Sneak Peak (was BCM XP1)

Supreme Cmdr

Looks like a French Tickler to me.

I love the design of the Station. Does not look like the standard station you see in games. I really like the ship. The detail on it just makes it stand out.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by KreKol:

I love the design of the Station.

Its not a station, you dorks

OOOh right I fotgot that little part : look at what it's saying at the bottom left :

FLOATING VIEW OF TO..EARTH

Where's the "energy field"?

quote:

Its not a station, you dorks

LMAO!!!

My first impression was an ODS system, but definately not a station. When I saw the hole in the middle, I knew it wasn't an ODS.

Picture 71 reminds me of a star destroyer, for some odd reason maybe it's because the captains compartment sits so high.

I bet the contrail would look better if it converd the entire rear where the engine is, some-what like how the engine fx is in freespace2.

quote:

Originally posted by xierxior:

I bet the contrail would look better if it converd the entire rear where the engine is, some-what like how the engine fx is in freespace2.

The larger the spread, the more particles required.

The more particles, the more processing required.

The more processing required, the larger the FPS drop

The higher the FPS drop, the more choppy the gameplay.

The more choppy the gameplay....well, go from there.

Also, the bitmap contrails are larger than the particle contrails - so thats not a problem. I will upload a shot later of the bitmap contrail in action.

quote:

quote:

The larger the spread, the more particles required.

The more particles, the more processing required.

The more processing required, the larger the FPS drop

The higher the FPS drop, the more choppy the gameplay.

The more choppy the gameplay....well, go from there.

Also, the bitmap contrails are larger than the particle contrails - so thats not a problem. I will upload a shot later of the bitmap contrail in action.

I see. And the contrail effect in FS2 is only a static bitmap with a glow. much less that the particle contrail.

quote:

Maybe im crazy but I think the bitmaps look better then the particle effects.

Yes, my feeling too.

Can I make a suggestion? I believe particle contrails could look better with the bitmap glow added, and it shouldn't require a notable amount of cpu power.

Guest rtoolooze

I like the partical contrails. I think the one thing that would make them better would be if while you were turning, they would'nt stay in a straight line behind the ship. You know, they would be curved, showing where the ship was. I think you know what I mean.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Can I make a suggestion? I believe particle contrails could look better with the bitmap glow added, and it shouldn't require a notable amount of cpu power.

No. You cannot make a suggestion because I didn't ask for any.

There IS a reason I ignore your posts. And that reason is that 99% of the time, you don't have a clue what you're talking about and the other 1% you spend on criticsim and nonsensical posts.

To wit: You don't add glow to particles. There is no such thing. So, unless you know what you're talking about, don't post.