BCG Sneak Peak (was BCM XP1)

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by xierxior:

Maybe im crazy but I think the bitmaps look better then the particle effects.

Which is why you have the option of using one or the other, right? Right. Now siddown.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by rtoolooze:

I think the one thing that would make them better would be if while you were turning, they would'nt stay in a straight line behind the ship. You know, they would be curved, showing where the ship was. I think you know what I mean.

I've been thinking about doing that actually.

I really like those rounded nacelles, they give the ship a nice feel. They remind me of the nacelles on early ST ships.

The bow looks like a menacing fish... which is cool... heh

[ 04-03-2002, 13:25: Message edited by: Fractux ]

I love Pic 74 SC. First you see this jump gate, then OMG there,s a ship too, but look at the scale - its sorta humbling somehow - like space itself. Excellent.

quote:

Originally posted by Brandon:

I love Pic 74 SC. First you see this jump gate, then OMG there,s a ship too, but look at the scale - its sorta humbling somehow - like space itself. Excellent.

Thats nothing, wait'll you see these which I'm releasing tomorrow.

They may look a bit blurry. Blame the JPEG compresion. My bandwidth bill is already too high, so no high-res PNG shots for now.

Shots are now on Game Screenshots Dot Com

[ 04-03-2002, 19:09: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I hate to sound like a parrot, posting that the pics look awesome everytime new pics come out, so I usually don't post, but I can't help it. So here it goes.

THE PICS LOOK AWESOME>!!!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Paddy Gregory:

Excellent! Now have a Warmonger as my background (Any chance on seeing the new Garid?)

News on the in-game movie?

Not sure if the Garid is done yet. I'd have to check the DB. Jason and co are revising the models in a specific order that I've given them.

As for the movie, I'm waiting for a few more assets before I do it.

[ 04-05-2002, 10:34: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Terran/Military commanders, say hello to your new home.

Let me tell you, these shots do NOT do the new

GALCOMHQ station justice. It is freaking awesome!!

Jason went overboard (naturally, without telling me of course, until it was too late for me to notice that he had blown his 5K polygon budget to about 6K) and put an entire city below the station.

Multiplayer in that station is going to be a mind-melding experience.

You can see all 19 shots

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

Oh, I desprately need a new computer. I'll never be able to keep a decent frame rate at that level of detail.

heh, just think: the existing GHQ has 1952 polys and uses 544K of BMP textures. This one has 5872 polys and uses 864K of TGA textures. The models are of relatively the same size, however

HOLY $#!7 !!! Very very cool! Kickass!

quote:

Jason went overboard (naturally, without telling me of course, until it was too late for me to notice that he had blown his 5K polygon budget to about 6K) and put an entire city below the station.

I won't complain

sick pics, it about time we could fly into the docks. lovin it

SC, are we still gonna have to chase down the supply station, if we are playing as SF marines? cause if we get to far from the station, its hard cathing up to it

Here is the source PNG file (970K) for one of the shots. It is 1280x1024x32bit and can be used for wallpaper.

Notice the difference between the PNG and the JPEG shots.

NOTE: I am going to be removing this file from the server by tomorrow. So, anybody who wants it, grab it now. And if you host it elsewhere, let me know so that I can post the URL.

[ 04-11-2002, 14:40: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]