• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Notice the difference between the PNG and the JPEG shots.

The differences are too little to see with my naked eye.. except around the warmonger's nacelles.

Take a look at the surrounding coloring again e.g. in the skybox, the colors are not as vibrant and crisp in the JPEG shot.

[ 04-11-2002, 14:42: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

quote:

quote:

Notice the difference between the PNG and the JPEG shots.

The differences are too little to see with my naked eye.. except around the warmonger's nacelles.

Take a look at the surrounding coloring again e.g. in the skybox, the colors are not as vibrant and crisp in the JPEG shot.
Ahh right.... I can see a slight difference... now I must find a way to remove my eye from the monitor

quote:

quote:

Wow! Yes, MP inside those station's bays will be truly insane!!!

Yes, as long as :

1 - stations do not attack anyone

and

2 - stations are invulnerable

What are you talking about man. I don't want some Terran flying around my Gammulan space station. If you want to duel around some place man to man (er... Gammulan) then take it out to the jump gate or on the planet.

[ 04-12-2002, 20:16: Message edited by: Soback ]

The new Galcom HQ is absolutely AWESOME!!! GOD, THAT BUGGERS 30K LONG!

XP1 is going to be so SWEET!

BCO is going to be a pain, imagin how long it would take to walk from one end of the station to the other INSIDE it... Without using teleporters, lifts or trams if would take hours.

I'm drooling in anticipation!

quote:

BCO is going to be a pain, imagin how long it would take to walk from one end of the station to the other INSIDE it... Without using teleporters, lifts or trams if would take hours.

Eh, imagine if the turbolifts are out of order... and you're down in one of the spikes... stairs being the only option.

I have uploaded nine new shots.

No, those beams are not laser shots, they are spotlights and you'll be seeing a lot of them on stations (those two are just samples I placed on GHQ), buildings (they will be off in the day and come on at night etc), vehicles (headlights) etc etc

Have a nice weekend. I'm off to the movies!!!

[ 04-20-2002, 01:32: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Grayfox

truly impressive SC. i liked the shots of GALCOM HQ...

for some odd reason the shots of GALCOM HQ with the spotlights reminds me of the "Golden Saucer" out of FF7

again very impressive

quote:

question, will the station beams be dynamic.. er.. à la hollywood or something? That would be truly impressive

Possibly. I just have to add a dynamic property to the beam strobe tag and have it rotate at its base. But its not a marquee for a strip joint, so I probably won't do it. If you're going to be posing under a spotlight, it is a sure fire way for someone to put a bullet in your head.

quote:

Originally posted by Hector Socas Navarro:

Ok, I can't help it. I'm a nerd but ...

in space you wouldn't see the beam of a spotlight. On earth you can see it because the particles in the air scatter the light away from the main beam and into your line of sight.

I'm such a nerd...

Erm, no I read that light itself (not laser) is "unstable" by nature, which means that after a while a light particle will wander off its original path... if I'm not wrong, this is why far away stars are less as visible as closer ones (by principle). This is the reason why lights (either in space or on earth) have a "glow" too.

I'm such a nerd

[ 04-26-2002, 14:29: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

Guest Remo Williams

Just a game, JUST a game!! (eye starts twitching) Quake was just a game, thief was just a game. BCM is the GAME for which no other can compare. (grabs a medipak and runs screaming down the corridor)

Seriously though those beam lights rock!

If we want to be nerds about realism I could say something dire about the skydomes and the rather um fantastic physics, not to mention the sound. On the other hand, whats the point. Too much realism gets in the way of the game.

I just love realism... I've been playing MOHAA at a friend's house and kept complaining at how imprecise mg42s are compared to the real thing. And I love Operation flashpoint. Aces high is a bit too realistic thought (no biggie in fact, I just hate spinning to death after a hard-turn), Jane's ww2 fighters is a little better, thing is it doesn't work well and charleston music anooys me