**NEW** BCG shots!!

Supreme Cmdr

Guest Remo Williams

The CAV looks sweet! The dark armor on the RF marines will work out great for night time operations.

Now you have me wondering about the EC an MC marine types.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw, unless you have a pixel shader card with quad pass capabilities, you won't be able to see that station (or ships etc) as displayed with all three effects simultaneously. If you don't know what a glow map is, its the texture that makes those windows brighter. Compare that shot to the previously released station shots and you'll see the difference.

The headlights on that CAV are also glow mapped (the same with all vehicles). As you can see, the headlights are off (since its daytime). At night, they'll glow and emit+cast a beam light etc

[ 08-19-2002, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by XenoZohar:

Pretty...but does it make toast?

Back to reality, though, what cards have said abilities right now?

Any card with pixel shader support. We have vertex shader effects as well, so you should have a card with both shader engines e.g. GF3Ti, GF4Ti, Radeon 8500, 9700, Matrox Parhelia, 3DLabs P10 etc.

In case you were wondering about the terrain shots or didn't know the extent of the terrain revision for BCG, here are some very quick sneak peeks into the next gen terrain technology coming in BCG

These three shots are the new PTE Spec 3 terrain being developed (almost complete) for BCG. BCM supports Spec 3.

Note the vegetation (especially from the first aerial shot). It also has trees, but they are not visible in those shots.

Note the water. Which will have waves and with pixel shader support.

Note the sky. Which is based on new technology which makes stars and objects in space, visible from the ground - and is seamlessly blended into the terrain.

www.3000ad.com/pics/bcg/bcg_pte3_01.jpg

www.3000ad.com/pics/bcg/bcg_pte3_02.jpg

www.3000ad.com/pics/bcg/bcg_pte3_03.jpg

Enjoy and drool while you can because it gets even better.

humor

1. you like to torture us.

2. you like forcing us to upgrade every 2 months

3. when will I be able to buy it?

/humor

Seriously that is looking very nice. and am I seeing cloud shadows in those pictues too?

hehe

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Seriously that is looking very nice. and am I seeing cloud shadows in those pictues too?

Close. Darrin came up with all new tech for doing the sky and terrain in the new engine. Its something he was developing for PTE Spec 4 which got too ambitious, so I split in two. The short term do-able aspects are going into Spec 3 for BCG and the full Spec 4 will be in BCTC, BCO etc etc

[ 08-19-2002, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Great shots!

Is it my imagination or does the planet behind the station now have detail texturing? The planet seems to look much more detailed than before when in close orbit.

Very nice!

Objects in space...visible from the ground...

Let me make it clear to myself....are you saying that you'll be able to see little dots moving around and shooting each other...or even...use the DIE's zoom mode to watch a star grow steadily brighter, until you realize...it's a BUGNOR?(RANDOM's overrated... )

...wow.

(PS, if I'm totally off base there, just slap me and move on... )

quote:

Originally posted by canusa:

Great shots!

Is it my imagination or does the planet behind the station now have detail texturing? The planet seems to look much more detailed than before when in close orbit.

Very nice!

Everything is now detail textured

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Note the sky. Which is based on new technology which makes stars and objects in space, visible from the ground - and is seamlessly blended into the terrain.

So does that mean if I launch an STO at a stormcarrier as it pulls into orbit I'll be able to watch all the pretty colors in the night sky as it goes kaboom? (drools)

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

quote:

So does that mean if I launch an STO at a stormcarrier as it pulls into orbit I'll be able to watch all the pretty colors in the night sky as it goes kaboom? (drools)

Standing on the ground, you aren't likely to see anything in orbit. Even if you do, it would probably be merely a moving spec.

Think about it, the orbital range from surface to the ground is about 100K up. I allow egress at lower (35K I think) altitude so that the egress time is short.

Given that and the size of objects, even the stormcarrier, how exactly would you be able to see it from ground zero?

And in anticipation of the next silly question from the next person in line ---> No, your Tacscan radar won't be able to target anything in orbit for your F10 pleasure. So siddown!

Only STO silos will benefit from simul-region rendering since they'd need to be able to acquire and fire upon targets in orbit. If you run over to an STO silo and control it, only then will you have access to its radar which only tracks orbital entities.

The rendering of the sky has nothing to do with my rendering of both the planet and space regions. The PTE terrain engine renders the terrain; which just so happens to include the sky. When I implement the terrain engine in BCM, BCG etc, I'm the one who has to handle the simultaneous region rendering. Has nothing to do with the planetary terrain engine at all.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Given that and the size of objects, even the stormcarrier, how exactly would you be able to see it from ground zero?

I didn't think I would be able to see the stormcarrier itself from the ground due to range and size of the object as you stated. Since the explosion FX covers a larger area when it occurs I though that might be viewable from the ground. Obviously it won't be though. I'll siddown now.

• 2 weeks later...

Uploaded some new shots

You should see the first shots of the Space Force Marine (no, he's not a wimp anymore), the Engineering Corps and Medical Corps marines; as well as Nightwing and Scorpion pilots in their new outfit.

Also some night shots showing the glow mapping on the vehicles.

photo259

photo260

photo261

photo262

photo263

[ 09-02-2002, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by MIKE113:

3030!!! Will we all be in the Galcom Geriatric Fleet? LOL!

hmm, good question but i joined young so im still main fleet (i hope)

but i can see it now

RP/

12:00-HOURS --- GALCOM HQ

Old Cmdr: When I was your age son, we had the original standard issue Resnig. This son of his is gonna be worse, dont they have a guard for that cloning device?

Young Cmdr: Old Man, the standard issue Resnig mk2 is a fine CO.

Old Cmdr: Do you have command of your own vessel yet?

Young Cmdr: Yes, I just got it. We leave for out first misson in 1hr. So I must go and prep my ship, see you in 3 days.

Old Cmdr: More like 3 hrs, but we will see. Good bye.

13:00 --- GCV - Newbie lauches

16:00-HOURS --- GALCOM HQ

Old Cmdr: Back so soon?

Young Cmdr: Yes Sir, Resnig loaded ATA and ATS missles instead of STS.

Old Cmdr: Resnig strikes again.

/RP