I don't get it

Guest Andromada

Guest Andromada

This is in response to Win2K BC3K 2.09. In the documentation on the website it does say for Win95, 98 and ME, but it does not say Win2K has been disabled. The documentation that is mentioned would be great if it could be opened. If it cannot unpack to install, then it cannot unpack the documentation with it. There are many games that I have played that say for Win98, that is because they were made before Win2K was even thought of. These have all run fine on my system.

On a seperate thought, I do not understand the sarcasm that has to go with so many posts. I am here a lot, and I read almost every post that comes by. I look forward to BCM as much as anybody, but as a newby (posting in the newby section) it just does not seem warranted. I read as much documentation that I believe I could get my hands on, before I posted to this section, and once I was done I felt the question was valid. A simple response of "the game was disabled for Win2K" would have been sufficient. It would have saved time all around.

My thought, take it or leave it.

Rubbish. The excerpt about what it supports is RIGHT THERE on the File Planet downloads page. You don't have to extract ANYTHING to read it.

And that nonsense about it not being clear that WIN2K wasn't supported is just that, nonsense. Its gamers like you who go out, buy a game, stare at the requirements, and still take the game home, knowing fully well that it won't run on your MK1 POS. The result, a game returned due to someone else's foolishness.

Further, when BC3K was released back in 1998, WIN2K wasn't even OUT. That pretty much buries your argument right there.

Now, create another thread about what amounts to your own FAILURE to read docs, and you're getting banned from the site. And I don't care if you've been waiting for BCM since I thought up the idea of actually developing it. If you can't read SIMPLE docs, you can't play *any* BC related game. Period.

Guest Groksin

Just to put your cocky ass in your place suprem comander, it say in your dos to windows conversion kit that you DO support win2k, here's the txt file

/*

you can find this txt file in c:...BC3000adBC3K209WIN.zip

check it out for your selves

*/

=== BATTLECRUISER 3000AD v2.09 - Windows version ===

This build contains the Windows version of BC3K v2.09.

This is program is unsupported and is not a patch to the DOS version. Use at

your own risk.

[iNSTALLATION]

Make sure you have BC3K v2.09 installed. It will *not* work with *any* other

version. Period.

Unzip all files into the folder where BC3K v2.09 is installed.

Create shortcuts to the following files:

BC3KWIN.EXE - Runs in a 640x480 window on the desktop

BC3KWIN-FULL.EXE - Runs in 640x480 fullscreen

[KNOWN PROBLEMS]

* No sound in Frontend modules (Tactical, Logistix, Roster etc)

* Planetary time of day doesn't work right, due to some palette switching issues

* Does not use Direct3D or Glide. It only uses the software renderer

* Some spurious keyboard and joystick anomalies (especially in the windowed

version)

* You won't be able to delete an existing save game slot. Use a different

one.

* If you are running the windowed version and switch to another Window app,

you will lose focus in the BC3K window until you click on it. This only

happens on some cards.

* Some mouse problems existin the fullscreen version.

[NOTES]

* This version uses your WIN9x registered sound card and therefore does not

require the sound setup program used in the DOS version.

* Runs under WIN9x and WIN2K (your mileage may vary)

/*

THIS COMENT IS NOT IN THE ORIGINAL TXT FILE Hmmm looky there dosn't that say WIN2K as in windows 2000 ?! and if you think i edited this go check the file path that i put up top.... you'll find exactly the same txt file there with out this coment

*/

* This version is 100% compatible with all BC3K v2.0x data files. This means

that you can run the DOS and WIN9x versions using the same data files.

This is how i see the devs of BC3000 and BCME. Cocky and ignorant. How can you guys treat your fan base like there idiots when you your self are so blind to think BC ME is going to go anywhere. I think you guys mixed up DEMO with BETA, BC ME is buggy, so very very buggys. you can fly threw things with no hindernces, is that flicker of mouse and screen a good thing or a bad thing? i think that falls under bad since in windows your supposed to draw the game the game in an off screen then show it on the main screen, but i guse you guys didn't know enoph about Poraming a game to do that.

And comander, please delete this post and dismiss me as a whiny little brat that dosn't know what he's talking about like you do to the other 90% of your fan base.

Andromada and Groksin,

Perhaps you would find what you are looking for in a game that is less challenging. Pac Man would be a good choice.

Judging by your posts, you are both either...

A. Very young.

B. Very uneducated.

C. Very impatient.

D. All of the above.

Maybe just unenlightened.

There is no need for you to come to these boards and attempt verbal attacks when you obviously do not have the ammunition to do so.

I haven't known the SC long, but I have known him long enough to know that he sugar coats nothing!

Now, if you folks can't stand a blunt reply to what is an obvious lack of intelligence, don't let the airlock door hit you in your fourth point of contact on the way out.

If you wish to stay, at least strive to be a member of MENSA instead of DENSA.

I am going to leave your post intact (because it makes YOU look like the idiot) and BAN you, all in one shot.

First of all, there is NO Win support for BC3K. Period.

WHAT you are talking about is the UNSUPPORTED WIN32 version which is (a) NOT INSTALLED (B) and ONLY exists in a ZIP file with a USE AT YOUR OWN RISK WARNING inside said zip file.

When you run the Installshield program, it installs the version which is ONLY supported under WIN95, WIN98 and WINME, with NOTHING about WIN2K support - which is WHY the installer will NOT install under WINNT, WIN2K, Linux, BeOS, Atari, Mac, Commodore, your dishwasher or your lunch bowl. I DISABLED IT.

Here is just another display or obtuse ignorance:

Blue's News which amounts to the same thing.

You only get to that ZIPPED WIN32 (INCOMPLETE btw) WIP version, AFTER you have installed the game. And they are ONLY executables and *NO* data files. Guess what that means? Yep, it sure means that you MUST install the regular version first, then uninstall and run these EXEs separately - AT YOUR OWN UNSUPPORTED RISK

Only a COMPLETE IDIOT would miss these warnings, especially since they have been that way since, oh, what, 1998??

Goodbye and thanks for making an even bigger ass of yourself, again. Yes, I know you registered twice - since I suppressed your posting rights before - but, I've taken care of that.

[ 07-22-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

(because it makes YOU look like the idiot)

Yeah, he does look like the idiot. I'm still trying to figure out how he missed this: "This is program is unsupported and is not a patch to the DOS version. Use at

your own risk.", ESPECIALLY considering that it was in his own damned post.

Maybe I just missed something, though, due to the serious grammatical flaws in his post.

quote:

Maybe I just missed something, though, due to the serious grammatical flaws in his post.

How about the flaws of his personallity, intelligance, question to groksin, does your mom still change your dipers or do you have pullups yet?

Edit: is Poraming a type of food?

[ 07-22-2001: Message edited by: Baloogan ]