Transporter

Guest kpic2003

Guest kpic2003

I have been trying to get the bloody transporter to work, but I cannot figure out how to transport people. Can I transport people ship to ship is that possible, like in star trek?

to transport people:

1. send your crewmembers to the transporter.

2. wait until they get there.

3. go to TACOPS and zoom to the desired location.

4. click on the upper left corner to open the waypoints menu (too many acronyms, i can┬┤t remember the proper one :mad .

5. when your crewmen have arrived in the transporter room, a sign saying "TRANS" will light red. click on it. deploy.

but then of course, you can read all about it in the documentation, chapter "TACOPS".

[ 07-28-2001: Message edited by: Apollon ]

• 1 year later...

such a OLD POST I hope someone will see it. Im using BCMG.

I send my Marines to the transpoter

turn it on

land on the planet

zoom in on TacOPS

and even after they all are in the transporter cause it says people in transporter 10

still the TACOPS wont let me SETPOS or let me deploy, why? This happens on Earth and the Moon havent tried it anywhere else. what am I forgetting to do? Its really getting to me. Pizzing me off, Im using a Super Carrier FIRESTORM GCV-FERREA. I hope someone can answer this. I just want to destroy some appartment blocks >:-D

VLAD,

I would think it's normal. If you're going to land, they may as well just walk out the door!

I just tried it too and it works perfectly from orbit (where I'd imagine it was designed to be used)

Yeah,what I was thinking was from the (landed)ship to another place on the planet like a site to site transport but I guess it only works from space to the planet. ohh well, I wasnt sure if it did this or not guess not i had a whole campain against a ter/ins base and I wanted to depoy my marines while strafing the base with the CC, but evendently I would have to egress the planet, beam, and then planetfall again. seems like a waste of time. ohh well...any better suggestions. also is there a way i can tell a group of mariens what to do in TacOPS with out having to click them all individualy and give orders SAD?

I tried my first base attack last night.. boy, was I nervous - with good reason, cause it all went pear shaped through my bad planning, and I died!

Soo.. live and learn.. I tried it again and loaded marines into the Shuttles (they can hold loads of marines!!) and into the ground vehicles in the shuttles.

Then I beamed meself down to a hillside near the base and sussed out some good attack points.. from there I called in Fighter support to take out some of the buildings.. that was so cool, standing on the ground.. ordering fighters to attack from space.. when they finally dived in and took out the buildings it was damn satisfying to watch

Anyway, I'm vearing off the subject, sorry.. Once I had the lay of the terrain I ordered the shuttles down at safe distance.. ordered the marines and APV out of SC1 to attack. The other 3 shuttles I held in reserve.. everything can be ordered from tacaps in FP view so you can get marines moved about fast (in the shuttles) without having to teleport them. Beware enemy fighters tho.. air superiority helps or they go picking off your shuttles.

As far as using the CC to strafe the base, I didn't try this, but I wonder if you could still order it down from orbit to attack (if you trust the AI officers that would be commanding it) Or else you could watch it all in tacops from the bridge.. still using shuttles to move men around fast, and going planetside to stafe if the need arose. Or you could park the CC somewhere safe, but close..

Disclaimer : these are all the idea's of a noob who's been playing the game for about 4 days.. so your safest bet for staying alive would be to ignore everything I say

Bloomin marvellous that you can plan, and do, all this in one game.. the downside being that I don't sleep so good anymore.. I left the computer running last night.. woke up at 4am and, rather than curse and try to get back to sleep, first thing I did was check my CC and crew were ok. The one's still on duty were pretty fatigued but my AE was at 0 fatigue..

0 fatigue!! I'm bleedin shattered!! Must be a bug!!

Guest Remo Williams

LOL! One question here people. Why are you discussing BCMG in the legacy BC3K 2.0 forum? Don't you think this discussion belongs in the BCMBCMG general discussion forum.

Maybe some others would like to join in on this discussion but know better that to post in the wrong forum.