Star Stations -N- Cloning Procedures.(Solved)

I was just curious about two things I havent had the time to learn.

1) StarStations aka StarBases once distroyed are left a hulking mass with an integrity of 6. Is there anything You can do in this system with a starbase you have distroyed. Will it repair itself somehow? Is it of any use to you once you distroyed it at any point in time?

2) Cloning. Now in the manual it tells you very little about this subject. I know that cloning works for pilots and officers. I also know that the cloning module must have power via the logistics computer. What I don't know is if the cloning modual automatticly picks a dead member of the crew and begins cloning them automatticly or if theres a place I have to go to activate who gets cloned. Secondly when you dock at a station or for some reason take power from cloning and then reactivate it will the cloning process take 15 minutes all over again or will it just continue where it left off

(example: 10 minutes go by and you turn off power to cloaning module then 4 minutes go by and you Power on the cloning module power and then only 5 minutes are left till cloaning completes or must you wait all 15 again?)

Well I hope you understand this cause I barly can and I wrote it lol. Anyway Looking for answers from anyone who knows.

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Masterfeff761 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Like most buildings, destroyed stations will rebuild over time.

For cloning. Read the manual again. Its on p43. Assuming you actually OWN the game and as such a manual of course.

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Yes SC I have bought the game and I see it now thanks I just missed it what can I say Im a dope lol. BTW In the index cloaning is indicated to be on page 57 which is the page I read which said nothing about how to do cloaning but yes page 43 does say more clearly how its done so thank you SC for helping me realize where to look in the manual and I will try to look threw it more thoughly before posting somthing that is in there.

Great Game.

• 1 year later...

Well, I had to figure this out too, so I figured I could share an update.

I don't know which manual is being discussed here, since p. 43 of the BCMG manual talks about waypoints and planetary scans, and the version of the 3000ad manual p. 43 discusses bridge systems.

However, on p. 106 of the version online, they tell you how to clone.

Also, the BCGM manual details cloning on p. 59 under the subheading MEDIBAY in the tactical computer section.

Boy, this manual could REALLY benefit from an index.

And, on a related topic, what kind of military makes a commander pay for replacement parts, ships and fuel out of pocket?

quote:

Originally posted by Phreddo:

Boy, this manual could REALLY benefit from an index.

Yeah, tell me about it

quote:

And, on a related topic, what kind of military makes a commander pay for replacement parts, ships and fuel out of pocket?

This man's army?

Which brings up a related question...

When docked at a star station, they obviously have a TON more spare parts than a ship does, and repairs and such can use parts that are not present on a ship.

Do those parts get charged to the ship? Or are they "gratis"?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Phreddo:

This man's army?

SC wouldnt this be more like a Space Navy? and Phreddo they are giving u multi-billiob dollar space craft, they did say get it damaged

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

Which brings up a related question...

When docked at a star station, they obviously have a TON more spare parts than a ship does, and repairs and such can use parts that are not present on a ship.

Do those parts get charged to the ship? Or are they "gratis"?

kindness of the Station Commander?

• 2 weeks later...

well, hazards come with the territory.

I've discovered the joy of salvaging cargo pods. One ODS will nicely cover an upgrade or two.

Keep an eye out for those and always keep at least one SC manned at all times. Makes a snatch and grab that much quicker.

I can't speak for the Military castes myself, as I prefer to play Independent castes. But I do know that starstation repairs do appear to be performed 'gratis' as it were.

As such, if you want to save money on repairs then it's best to limp home if you've taken a few wounds from battle. Let the station techs take care of things on the public dime and give your crew an opportunity to sit back and relax, or make use of the Medibay.

Just...keep an eye on Resnig, especially if he's on heat. I'm trying to convince the Medical Officer to Neuter him, but it appears he's consumed the entire supply of aneasthetics for personal use.

Erm and Phreddo? Doesn't your BCM manual have an idex? Mine does.

An index or a table of contents?

the index would be in the back and have a detailed alphabetical listing of various keywords by page number that would be in the back

the TOC is in the front, listing the basic headings.