Mining Drones

I am unable to find my mining drones on the planets surface. I have attempted to use the zoom feature while observing the planet but don't seem to zoom to anything (tried it with the starbase also with no results). The drones show up under support units and are shown in Tactical as deployed and full so I think they are still there.

This appears to be a change in patch 2. With the first patch, I could give the SC a waypoint set to the planet itself but if I do that now they give me the message "no mining drones in the vicinity" after landing on the planet.

I have read the manual, VCF and appendix and tried to retrieve the drones several times with no success.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Well I remember the same sector location I drop my drones and actually write it down. When I observe the planet again i set my wp to that location and they retrive them successfully however Im sure SC or a fellow gamer will mention an ezer way to figure it out. I never had that problem you are having but incase I do Ill be listening as well for what to do if I do come across this problem.

Hope no-one minds me being the "expert" on this

How to retrieve drones with 1.0.0.2 patch:

1. Get and install the 1.0.0.2 patch. You know you want to!

2. Deploy your drones in the usual way.

3. Go blow up GalCom

4. Your drones should now be full. They now need retrieving with a shuttle.

5. Using TacOps, "Observe" the planet where you left the drones.

6. Left-click the map to zoom in one level. You need to do this for Zoom To... to work.

7. Click the Zoom To... icon, expand Support Units, and select one of your drones. They are not numbered, but I think they are listed in numerical order.

8. The display should now be centered on a drone, zipping about the planet's surface. Click the Waypoints tab at the bottom of the screen (click Transporter or OTS if you can't see Waypoints)

9. Change the craft that you are setting waypoints for to one of the SC assets. Delete any existing waypoints by clicking the DEL tab until it turns red.

10. Click the ADD tab to add a new waypoint. Click the TARGET tab, and then click the spot in the centre of the drone.

11. Change the orders for the waypoint to EXTRACT DRONE X (try and get the number right or your shuttles gonna be flying aroud the planet a lot!)

12. Leave TacOps, and launch the shuttle. It should make planetfall right above the drone, extract it, and head back to your CC.

13. Sell the drone's contents and be rich and happy!

Hope this helps.

Smiley

Thanks for the help guys.

Masterfeff, I though of what you said after I posted. Sure enough, I went back to the exact same spot and was able to see the drone.

Smileyman, I think I have done the retrieval the way you describe except possibly for step 6. That is probably where I am having the trouble getting the Zoom To to work.

The way that works best for me, is to zoom in on the planet. Then rotate the view around intil I see the drone icon. click on it and I am now looking at the drone. The zoom to function also works really well too. But either way. you then just set your way points for the shuttle(s) and launch them. within a few minutes they should be picked up.

Last warning to all of you.

1. Register the game
  2. Correct your sig according to procedure

or face the consequences.

We CANNOT tell pirates from legit owners of the game. So these measures are absolutely necessary.

And the first person to post a reply to someone without their proper profile sig, will be kicked off the site along with that person. Beta testers do not need their sig profile. It is optional and at their discretion.

NO EXCEPTIONS