Protection of shuttles

Ok, to protect my shuttles from being stolen I'm shutting down the launch control when I don't need it, but if I place some marines to be always in the shuttles will they attack any intruders that try to steal the shuttles? Sorry if this is a repeat.

Yep, but alone they'll probably fail to make a stand. Your marines that are sent on search duty will eventually search those shuttles too. So you don't need to assign them to it. It gives them something to do, though.

If launch control is disabled your shuttles can't leave. (not entirely, really smart intruders can) Intruders will be sitting ducks for them. Be it with their guns drawn.

Ok, cool, I thought of putting some low AI dudes in there, since they can't seem to find any people searching.

Ok, two more questions on the inner-ship defense deal. How do you improve the AI of your guys without cheating (if you can cheat, was playmod for BCM released?), and does having marines prepped for combat help them fight the intruders?

quote:

How do you improve the AI of your guys without cheating

Time. Lots of people like to leave the game running overnight. After finding a nice safe place to park of course.

quote:

and does having marines prepped for combat help them fight the intruders?

Uhhh, yeahhhhh. Have enough combat kits.

My favourite is to park in one of the moons in the Uranus region. Drones get filled less than four hrs and I get lots of well payed minerals there.

ok, sorry to get off topic...but what's a sunflash doing running from an aestrom, unless you just tried to take a station, or ram something big till it went boom, the sunflash can take almost anything(anything I've come up against...) even stormcarriers with full fighter complement deployed, I've taken them, then lead their fighters close to a station, hehehe, of course I coulda taken the fighters too, but it was a waste of my time...

oh well, and btw, be sure to land softly, I took my integrety down to 75 trying to land one time, in a CC.

Perhaps I should clear up the situation a little more. I was almost out of missles, and heavily damaged from a battle earlier. Plus, I ran because this Aestrom uncloaked right next to me. If heavy damage (and I mean heavy, tactical computer was like, gone...) with high-level AI commanders don't make you run, you got mental problems. Basically, I got into a fight that I knew I couldn't get out of. Boy, do I feel proud of that!

When I'm boarded I usually assign 1 marine(at least) to each shuttle it has served in the past it even saved a shuttle for me when I had to activate Launch control to launch my IC's I didn't realise there were intruders in one of my shuttles but the shuttle did not launch I can only assume they were to busy engaging my marines to try and leave

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Emmett.hendrick ]

i use the super carriers which have plenty of marines so i usualy leave 3 marines in each shuttle at all times. when using my trusty garid cruser i just leave launch control off. i have never once had a craft stolen

on that note...

i was just flying along to wraith station. as i was going i noticed that my shuttle 4 wasnt ready to launch. when i went to my tactical computer and looked at my marines, i discovered that, while all the marines in my other shuttles had fatigue factors of 2-3, the 3 marines in my shuttle 4 had fatigue factors in the 90's. they also had life factors in the 80's. ive had NO intruders in this particular game so that makes you wonder...

quote:

Originally posted by insecttoid3:

on that note...

i was just flying along to wraith station. as i was going i noticed that my shuttle 4 wasnt ready to launch. when i went to my tactical computer and looked at my marines, i discovered that, while all the marines in my other shuttles had fatigue factors of 2-3, the 3 marines in my shuttle 4 had fatigue factors in the 90's. they also had life factors in the 80's. ive had NO intruders in this particular game so that makes you wonder...

If you read the manual, you won't have to wonder. A high FF affects the LF and lowers it.

How long were you playing the game at that point? My guess is what a celestial orb on your ship kept everyone healthy and fresh, as they were on the shuttles, they weren't covered by the regenerative effects of the gizmo.

Your marines also might not have had a food supply, since when you assigned them to the ship, they actually stayed on station the entire time and aside from the food that they carried with them, there was none on the shuttle.

thats not what i was wondering about.

i had only been playing that game for about 5-10 minutes. what makes my wonder is how all 3 of em got fatigued so fast...the idea that cmes to mind isnt so pleasant