Watch List?

I am a rank beginner here, but I was noticing the degree of micro-management for personnel and wondering if I'm missing something.

Is it possible to emulate the navy and assign officers/crewmembers to different watches. Having the watches rotate from on-duty to off-duty either automatically at certain times or manually via a command makes a lot of sense to me. The ship should operate normally in most respects with just one watch on duty, allowing the others to rest. General Quarters would bring everyone on-duty.

Given the degree of detail this game represents, i.e. fatigue and off-duty status, I just have to think I'm missing something. I have looked through the manual carefully, but don't see anything on this. Any info or advise on personnel management would be appreciated. At this point I'm still learning how to point this behemoth, but soon I want to go wandering.

theres nothin like that (that iv seen at least)

but here are a few rules. try to keep ur officers on duty as much as possible, only send them off duty when hunger factor is 400+, or to the medibay if there life factor isnt 100%

they control their relative ppl on board the ship for you. the better the AI of the officer the faster they handle problems

the manual should tell u what each officer does, read that to get an idea. but lets say u have 20 marines, and send 10 of them to the shuttle for an attack, the combat officer will automatically take the remaining 10 from off-duty and put them on-duty

and 2 things,

1) read the other threads in 'BCM General Discussions', 'BC Newbie Discussions', 'BC Tips, Tricks & Techniques' and 'BC Fun Stuff' forums

2) read the forum archives (bottom of the main forum page) and add ur profile to you sig.

[ 08-13-2002, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Enigma ]

The officers in charge of the various crew i believe are responsible for doing this. When there tired or their shift ends they go off duty, when they are hungry they eat.

what i used to do in bc3k when you only had a bcmk3 and you had 20 SE's FE's..I would put 10 on and 10 off and rotate as neccessary.

Guest Grayfox

yes, the higher the AI of your officers the better they manage your crew for you... except resnig... even if there is intruders on board, he'll take half of the on station and put them into search mode, take half of the off duty and put them on station, and i still have 1/4 of my marines off duty!!!

im sorry, but if i have meatheads running thru MY ship tearing everything up and stealing anything that aint nailed down, id want ALL my marines on active duty... about 1/4 on station (operations) and the other 3/4 searching... and seeing as i have 40 marines, the odds of the intruders surviving are slim... even if theres more than 5 of em... chances are, i wont lose a man, so i do the marine deployment myself

the other officers are squared away enough to "rotate" the crew out...

[ 08-13-2002, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Grayfox ]

yeh resnig, boy hes a real ding dong.

I was having hell with intruders. (only got 5 marines) and that damn fool was taking them off duty because they were "tired".

intruders destroying all over the ship with firefights and he says "awe...but my boys are tired..."go have a good nights sleep we'll come back in the morning."

Am I the only one that has managed to compromise with Resnig??? I let him take his Marines, and I take the rest. When Intruders board, my guys are abruptly waken out of bed and sent out with search and destroy orders, even if they have to do it in their PJ's.

Resnig takes orders from me, I don't take crap from Resnig.

I do take my officers off duty when their FF reaches 6. Why, you ask? Because that way they return to station with in a few minutes, that gives them plenty of enough time to eat, go potty, and catch some winks. All others go till a FF of 11. Exceptions to this include Red Alerts, Battles, Repairs, Intruders, etc....