Strange stuff

Chicki

Hi. Some really strange things have been happening in BCM to this poor Noob. Maybe someone can explain. I've been hanging in orbit around Mars doing shuttle runs to the Sirus system running missiles for $$$$. I noticed suddenly that I couldn't deploy my drones on Mars. In Tacops, when I make a waypoint for my shuttle, the waypoint options don't enclude "Deploy Drone" anymore. ????? So, next problem...been flying the shuttles down myself and deploying the drones but I noticed when flying over Mars that it's REALLY slow and choppy. Noticed in Tacops the cursor is really slow and choppy moving over the Mars landscape(observer mars). Also, when I click on a mission area...the labels aren't there anymore. What the frek is going on???!!!! Can't find my drones in Tacops after deployment either. Really strange stuff. Anyone else seeing this? Thanks spacemen.

Sounds like a bug, you should post it in the appropriate bug thread. And donÔÇÖt forget to include your system specs in your signature (there is a thread in the archives that explains how).

Oh, and make sure you actually have drones on the shuttles and such not before you try to deploy them.

If I see this as a bug report, I'm going to ban everyone in this thread.

I don't have time for foolishness. OK?

DragonLady, the next time I see you, or anyone else tell a newbie to post a bug - without you YOURSELF attempting to reproduce it, not only am I going to kick you AND the newbie off the site, I'll delete your profiles. Which guarantees that you NEVER come back.

IS THIS CLEAR?

Man SC, I don't think I deserve to be threatened to be kicked off the site for asking for help. Nor anyone for attempting to help me. Kinda defeats the purpose of the board doesn't it? I haven't been playing this game long enough to know a bug from a goof up on my end. Hope I can fiqure it out before I get kicked off. Pressure is on man!

Both of you MISSED the point I was making. READ my post again slowly. Or don't.

This board has a zero percent clutter. And there's a reason for that.

Dragon Lady, you didn't want to be helpful because your post was ANYTHING but. If you want to be helpful, here is how its done around here

[*]n00b posts about some oddity

[*]you check it out yourself and confirm it

[*]you tell n00b, "yep, you're right"

[*]one of us (myself or one of the testers) sees it and confirms it

[*]I check it out and log it

THATS how its done. Yes, I have to spell everything out, don't I?

By you telling the n00b to go over to the tech support forum and post the same damn thing (un-verified no less), all you do is add clutter, cause unneeded confusion and waste everyone's time.

If drone deployment were broken in the manner described, someone would have noticed by now, don't you think? *sheesh*

[ 09-15-2002, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Chicki:

Man SC, I don't think I deserve to be threatened to be kicked off the site for asking for help. Nor anyone for attempting to help me. Kinda defeats the purpose of the board doesn't it?

Haha... don't let SC scare you too much. This board is a good place for help... and you have good questions. It's just, as I understand it, a lot of effort is spent researching legitimate "bugs," and, a lot of energy is also spent chasing false "bugs." What I've come to learn is to make sure you've ruled out mostly everything else before sendin' peeps on bug hunts.

quote:

Originally posted by Chicki:

Hi. Some really strange things have been happening in BCM to this poor Noob. Maybe someone can explain. I've been hanging in orbit around Mars doing shuttle runs to the Sirus system running missiles for $$$$. I noticed suddenly that I couldn't deploy my drones on Mars. In Tacops, when I make a waypoint for my shuttle, the waypoint options don't enclude "Deploy Drone" anymore. ?????

So, I take it that this was a false alarm then?

• 2 weeks later...