Gamma Wing News

Badgerius

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this is an early, non-interactive, version of the main page, what do you think of the font/layout? I'll get your feedback here, and then do a wing section template based on that, and post both in Prime Fleet News next week.

Prime Fleet Layout With Text

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: Badgerius ]

You say "I knight thee, Staff Chief. Change thy sig."

The paperwork eventually catches up.

About the page. Yeah it is a bit crowded. That's an 800 x 600 image, so those of lesser resolution can view it. Maybe I'll reduce the font size.

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: Badgerius ]

That's a nice, easy to use interface. I'm not sure about the pic, though. With the new models, that BC3K pic will look a little out of place. The font I used is called "Sea Dog" I found it on a Sci-Fi fonts page.

Guest Remo Williams

I Agree about the BC3K pic, no offence entended Demolition.

I really like what you have come up with Badgerius. The font is cool but a little hard to read in some spots, or maybe its just me.

Anyway I'm interested to see what Jaguars come up with. As soon as he post a link to his page template will make a decision.

If you have done any more work Cmdr. Badgerius go ahead and uploaded it to the web site so we can take a look at it or email it to me. Its up to you, thanks.

Regards

[ 08-19-2001: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

grrr....

i knew something was wrong bout my site

LOL

anyways...i dont have the time to complete it so its up to Badgerius and Jaguar to get the best designes

oh, i also noticed its a little hard to read, but it seems to match into the BC3K theme well

We've been given the honour of producing the wing page template, which means we need kick-ass content to impress the other wings. I'd like volunteers to come up with a "Wing History" which describes our daring exploits, following the RPG rules, of course. So far I have received 1 bio, so I'd like the rest as soon as you have 5 spare minutes to work on them.

There will also be a section of the site called the "Wing Lounge" This will be a place for miscellaneous BC stuff. If any of you guys have fan art, poetry, music, tips and tricks, war stories, or anything else vaguely BC related, we can put it in the lounge.

Let's get cracking!

Any commanders who haven't done so, check the Signatures thread, and change yours if neccessary.

Cmdr. Maddox, I give you a station and you vanish! Seriously, though, next time you check in, acknowledge your orders, and make sure your sig is up to snuff.

Looks nice Badgerius, [rp]It brings a tear in my eye to see good ol' 2nd Squadron "No Quarter" mentioned in there", ...hrmmphhh... let's not get emotional, keep up the good work Badgerius[/rp]

Yes, very good, but the station seems close to accidental re-entry. What width is that moon pic. 800 pixels? I have my screen set to 1024. Don't know what today's standard is, but maybe you can make a bit room that way. I was thinking maybe you put the station in the stars background on the left. (what stars? ... hint hint ) And align (left) the red squadron text sloped to make room for it. (if it's going to go left) Definately like the font!

p.s. Badge? what's your email. I should have Mr. Murphy laying around here somewhere.

p.s.2 I believe the correct spelling is "guarddogs"

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

You're right about the spelling. I'll fix it.

About the size: I'm going to stick with 800X600 because of the size of the flash file. If I increase it, the flash gets a lot bigger. We don't want a slow page, now do we?

About the background. Well, the background pic is from low lunar orbit. I've noticed that in BCM the stations are quite close to the planets (about 150-250 klicks) which is low orbit. Also, there are no stars because there wouldn't be. Too much light reflected off the lunar surface and earth. If you look at the Apollo pics, you won't see a single star anywhere.

So the pic is accurate. Do we care? *shrug* Not really. If there's a general consensus, I'll change it

My email is: [email protected]

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: Badgerius ]