New RP Ideas

Josh Dilvorn

The ISS Fleet has has a long absence from the RP Forum and as such, I think it is about time that we got a new storyline running.

Anyone with any ideas, post them here.

------------------

Commander Josh Dilvorn

GCV Conquest, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

Defense Wing Home

"Honour is what no man can give you, and no man can take away"

Anyone, eh? mind if I throw in an idea?

Rebellions always make for a fun story. Perhpas some big city in Sol is triying to become a city-state, and the good ol' forces of the ISS are called in to put it down. Lots of twists you can do to the plot: ISS infilltration of the rebels, rebel infilltration of ISS, syampathies to the rebels within ISS, the rebels have discovered a strange new technology, hostages...

Well, ther's my idea. There could be lots of niffty atmosphere battles (something that is lacking in the RPs to date), big ground combat battles, spy stuff, politics, backstabbing, fun things like that! smile.gif

Hope you fellows get a good story rollin'

------------------

Commander David "Whipser" Liev

GCV Bold Voyager, WRAITH HQ(LYRIUS)

Leader- Wraith Fleet/Wraith Fighter Command

"We Willl Be There"

http://www.geocities.com/cmdliev/flightroster.html

WOW!! Great Idea!!! We could bring EarthCOM into the role play too since they cover Earth space. That could allow an Insurgent entrance also, maybe they could be behind it.

Any of you Insurgents have any ideas on the matter?

All of the ISS personnel let's start thinking up a general plot to it here and everyone can add their $.02 worth to it.

I would like for it to somewhat of a sub plot to what Gallion has been working on with the Wraith Massacre

Maybe the ISS is occupied with the mole hunt scenario which leads it to this Sol city uprising.

Anyway, those are my ideas.

Gallion if you're out there, what do you think about the tie in between the two RPG.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS HQ (Saturn)

Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet/CIOPS

ISS / CIOPS Fleet Home Page

Wow, great idea. I can just imagine what fun we could have with this. If worst came to worst, we could always destroy the city from orbit too smile.gif j/k

Let's work this out. This could be a great RP.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

ISS Fleet Home

This could work, given the turmoil and mayhem the Gams will be causing very shortly in my RP thread. The Insurgents could take advantage of the Galcom's weakness cuased by the Gams. Who/Whom ever starts this gig needs to get with the powers that be and get approval before starting. The SC just may not take a likin' to seeing his universe torn assunder.

BTW - do you think that the Insurgency would allow a happy 'commie ending? I do not think that they would or will - my four bits minus two.

TTFN

Sounds alright to me. I suppose the uprising should take place in some system that doesn't have an incredible amount of military strength, because it doesn't make sense to have an uprising on, lets say Earth, when theres a space station with hundreds of thousands of troops in orbit. Sure there'd be a problem, but it wouldn't last very long smile.gif. Of course, seeing how the fleet is in a very disorganized state at the moment, it could happen on Mars, or Pluto, or wherever.

I think the idea of the Insurgents being behind it is a pretty good idea, they need something to do other than to just sit back and laugh as our fleet gets demolished by the Gammies.

I assume this will take place after the Wraith Massacare is over? I believe right now ISS is amassing to defend the Sol Region from the Gam's...

Daniel, I agree with your idea. It would be a good idea to get this gig running on Mars. This would also have the benifit of putting the Defense Wing HQ on the map. smile.gif

Also, I haven't posted to WM for a while, I thought that was pretty much a dead thread as far as the ISS was concerned.

------------------

Commander Josh Dilvorn

Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

Defense Wing Home

Taking Insurgents for granted and starting a thread such as this could result in the destruction of some of your Fleet Characters in RP. We have not done this in the past because that's not what the Insurgency is all about. The Insurgency works to free Earth, not start uprisings on other planets. This is a dangerous idea and gamble to say the least.

------------------

Insurgent One, Rattler

ICV Necromancer, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Rattler,

Actually what I had in mind, and I should have clarified it more, about the Insurgents coming into the role play was that a planet or a system near Sol would come into Insurgent control that would put pressure on GALCOM to deal with the Insurgents. I would never put the Insurgents in a no win role play scenario. I think that having the Insurgents in close proximity to SOL would make it more intriguing politicaly and militarily to have to deal with the Insurgents close by and the GAmmulans. It would kind of be like the US and Cuba and the Soviet Union during the Cold War, with Cuba being close by to the US and the Soviet Union being the enemy at a distance, like the Gammulans.

That is my idea, I should have clarified it better. I would want the role play to be fun for all involved.

------------------

Rattler,

Here is a more detail idea of what I had in mind.

The idea would be to have the Insurgents take a position somewhere outside the SOL system or even on a planet within SOL and have them to some counter-intelligence and create an uprising. If it is a planet within SOL the role play could end up with neither side having a victory but the Insurgetns and GALCOM forces occupying the planet or if it is a system outside SOL, each side could occupy half of the system, that could lead to further role plays involving that system.

------------------

Why not just explore the political side of the Insurgency v. UFN/Galcom struggle? Leave the brute force element (aka combat/military) out of the RP. This venue has not been explored or attempted in RP to the best of my knowledge - aside from the various mud-slinging threads.

Not every RP endeavor needs to be an us v. them with military forces commited. Politics and diplomacy manuevorings are involved before, during, and after each military action. Look at the current real-world geopolitical situation(s) for examples.

Food for thought.

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 09-13-2000).]

That is a novel idea. Hasn't been done before. I really wouldn't know how to get started on it, but if any of the Inusrgents are up for it, I'm game.

I'd like to find a way to tie it into the current role play, but if not I guess we could go back to the origins of the conflict.

What do you think Rattler or any of the Insurgents?

------------------

Somehow I would like to introduce CIOPS into the role play so if we do a political intrigue we could use CIOPS to find out information for us. This could also be an opportunity for EarthCOM to showcase SCID if there is an opportunity for something to happen in Earth space.

Anyway, just my $.02 worth.

------------------

To get the political storyline rolling, perhaps someone from CIOPS, or any other part of ISS for that matter, could have some kind of meeting arrangments with a Insurgent representative to discuss the situation with the mole within the ISS fleet.

Also, I remember a while ago planning a storyline with Ben Zwycky about having someone make an attempt at kidnapping Ristar's family for some reason which I can't seem to recall at the moment, but trust me, it was a good one smile.gif

Anyway, that's just my $0.02 + tax

------------------

Commander Josh Dilvorn

Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

Defense Wing Home

I remember the story line somewhat of what you're talking about. I believe it was during the Mole Hunt role play. I'm trying to find the information I had on it, that Ben sent to me. When he gets back in touch with me I'll ask him about it.

I wouldn't mind exploring the origins of the GALCOM/Insurgent quarrel, and we could lead into using CIOPS and SCID, since they are relatively new Wings within GALCOM, and the Insurgents could showcase some of their new Wings and ideas, that would give both sides a little intelligence gathering on both sides about what the other side is doing.

------------------

Rattler,

Do you have a document or can you give a brief history about the Insurgency and it's origins along a time line. I was reading through the History of GALCOM in the Manual, and if we could find something to have a dispute over in both GALCOM and the Insurgency, we can start some role playing ideas there.

I know both want Earth, but that battle could take place as the ultimate goal, but to start out with something like a disputed planet that could start out with diplomatic tensions or political pressure to get it resolved, something along those lines.

If you have anything please let me know or post it here or email it to me and I'll post it.

------------------

Here is a possible scenario for a role play that could involve the Insurgents. So far it is an undocumented occurance so we could have it happen at any time period. Maybe it was one of the first encounters with GALCOM and the Insurgents or maybe it's more recent. I have 2 possibilities or maybe both options could be in the role play as a compromise or whatever.

Polaris-1 in the Polaris System in the Terran Quadrant

-or-

Darain in the Trenis System in the Credian Quadrant

These 2 Planets are connected by the F07 Fluxfield. This would be a quick access between the Insurgent station, Spectre in Antis to the Terran Quadrant. The Insurgents might want to take this as a ÔÇ£safetyÔÇØ buffer to protect Spectre.

The Insurgents could have the support of the Credians to take the planet and control that link. They could have a military agreement or a trade agreement in helping the Insurgents.

This would allow a diplomatic role play and bring politics into it to appease both sides. This could also allow a military ending if we should want to do so.

Let me know what you think

------------------

Since the Credians have limited resources and a very low technology level, any advancement that they could be offered would probably be appreciated or needed.

It might not be needed to bring the Credians into it, but I thought that it might throw a little political intrigue into the mix, by not only having to deal with the Insurgents, but also another established race or people.

------------------

Ristar,

Just a suggestion and a FYI - IMO, any RP that includes the Insurgency and military forces will more than likely result in Galcom/ISS RP character casualties (my thoughts only - Spectre HQ only knows fer sure) explore the political/diplomatic side of the ICV-GCV/ECV struggle in a RP saga. Come up with something different than the hack-n-slash Galcommie ego bloating storyline. Heck, this action could take place right on Terra Firma itself - Earth, the prize for both sides biggrin.gif

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 09-13-2000).]

I'm not trying to get into a battle, I want to leave that option open toward the end if need be. I would love to figure out a diplomatic or political role play. But with a subplot or a hidden twist. I'm an engineer for heaven's sake, writing is not my strong point, so I'm trying to use some of what I like in games or TV Shows or movies and put it into a role play. I love hidden motives and suprising twists to the plot.

I would only want a battle to happen at the end of the role play, and I really don't want it to be Insurgent vs. GALCOM, I was thinking more along the line of another party who happened to get involved in the middle of the role play and caused a problem enough to warrant a minor battle.

I thought of some things last night and I'll put them down on paper and then post them here for you all to read.

------------------

Reading through the BC3K manual about the various alien races. The Credians and the Zelons are at war over an artifact. What that artifact truly is, no one knows. What if the Insurgent Intelligence Wing, and ISSÔÇÖ CIOPS both had good information that the artifact that the Credians had, could reduce power consumption for any device by 75%. This could lead to smaller power plants on any vessel or on a planet for a factory, etc. This would be interesting enough for the GALCOM, the Insurgency, and the Zelons to want it.

No side wants any other side to know they are making offers to the Credians for it. Hence a political situation. Both GALCOM and the Insurgency could make diplomatic missions to the Credians offering them enticements to share the technology of the artifact. The Credians might want some military missions run against the Zelons by both the Insurgents and GALCOM, hence satisfying the blood lust of some of the commanders who like space battles, but not putting Insurgent vs. GALCOM on the battlefield. The Credians are manipulating both sides here to get the maximum out of them. They could be getting technology, or supplies, money, whatever we can decide that they might need, but it would have to be something immediate, not sustained trade with one of the 2 powers, because once, either side figures out, and they will, that they have been used, then all things are called off, but the Credians have gotten the better of the deal.

The Credians may or may not know what that artifact can do. It has yet to be determined, to my knowledge, of what it is.

If we would like the situation to get deeper, the Gammulans could get involved. This would have to be before the current role play with the Wraith Massacre.

The ending of the role play could see a battle to stop the Gammulans, or to push back a Zelon threat to the Credians. If the Zelon-Credian option is taken, at that time then both sides could learn about the deceit of the Credians, and both sides plot what they will do. That could lead into some other role play.

I thought of some NPC characters, these are subject to change:

Credian NPCs

Alin Tin -- Credian Military leader

T'Klav Dren --Credian Diplomat

Zelon NPCs

Z'gar --Zelon Military Leader

Sh'tash H'la -- Zelon Diplomat

GALCOM NPCs

Paul Medea -- GALCOM or EarthCOM Diplomat

Insurgent NPCs

Snake Plisken -- Insurgent Diplomat (I hope the Kurt Russell and Escape from New York fans get the name. I was thinking of the Rattler, so I was staying with the snake theme. I don't know if the Insurgents have a real commander to act as its diplomat, if they do this NPC can be replaced.)

I would like to do a Earth role play with the Insurgents, but here I might be a little selfish about my fleet, in Earth space, ISS has no power or jurisdiction. That is all EarthCOM and SCID . If we did a Earth role play something would have to be outside of Earth space to get ISS involved. Normally, that wouldnt be a big deal, but Cmdr. Dilvorn is right, that ISS has not been involved in a role play in a while, except for the one that you, Gallion, are running, but we really have not participated in a few months, but we are going to change that and get back into the mix on that one. So I would like to see one where ISS and CIOPS can be a major player, along with the other fleets. I am all for having a 2 front role play, one in the Credian area if you all want to pursue that avenue, in addition we can have a second plot developing on Earth or somewhere in SOL to keep GALCOM on its toes.

The 2 planets:

Polaris-1 in the Polaris System in the Terran Quadrant

-or-

Darain in the Trenis System in the Credian Quadrant

Could come into play as territory needed or a battle may happen there, I was just using those two place because of the importance of the territory.

The two planets are connected by the F07 Fluxfield. This would be a quick access between the Insurgent station, Spectre in Antis to the Terran Quadrant.

The Insurgents might want to take this as a safety buffer to protect Spectre.

This would allow a diplomatic role play and bring politics into it to appease both sides. This could also allow a military ending if we should want to do so.

I like "Whisper"'s idea about a city state within Sol uprising and trying to claim independence. That wouldn't necessarily involve the Insurgents, but if they wanted, their counter-intelligence section could have instigated a clandestine psychological operation against some rebels to uprise to take focus from one area and shift to another. Just a sub-plot idea. The planet could be Mars. Since in the original history UFN was accused of atrocities on Mars, the settlers could be getting tired of GALCOM / UFN involvement and the MLF(Mars Liberation Front)would start inciting a revolution on Mars. (Whethere they get support from the Insurgents or Gammulans or on their own it's up to everyone involved to see how that would play out and the implications of having the Insurgents involved.)

I would like to see all of these ideas in a role play, it makes for a lot of creativity. Let me know what you all think. Once again I am not trying to advocate battles between Insurgent and GALCOM just tension. A full blown battle between Insurgent and GALCOM would be bloody.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

------------------

I would like to hear from the ISS Fleet people on what you would like to see the ISS involved in. Maybe the Mars uprising could be following the Mole Hunt role play if we can resurrect that. That was a good idea. Anyway, there you go, I am tapped for ideas on this right now.

------------------

Josh and Alun,

We should read through Gallion's role play again for Wraith Massacre and get caught up with what was going on with it during our absences and start posting to it again. I am anxious to continue going through the time line.

------------------

C'est Moi! again.

i am a writer and love to have fun with little and large intrigues. storylines and the hidden lines within are my strongest attractions. but i would like to point out to all that there is a little fact that seems to be missing here. from what i have gathered, the insurgents are terran like us, just different politics. (please correct me if i am wrong) also, we have a nice little critter in the gamulans that seem to like to wreak havoc as much as possible. the gamulans, from what i have been able to see, do not discriminate on who or what they attack. (again, correct me if i am wrong)

history teaches us that when ever a country has been threatened by a big enough enemy, most if not all internal conflicts take a back seat. even on a larger scale let's not forget that during WWII Hitler scared everyone so shitless and was so heinous that everyone of the allies was determined to get him. but all the allies were mistrustful of stalin from the outset. that didn't stop anyone from jockeying for position when hitler was toppled. point being we could run a very convincing 3 way rp with the iss, insurgents and gamulans as major participants. stranger things have happened and i would love the challenge of helping to set up a good story to challenge the rest of BC world.

just my thinking, thanks

------------------

CMDR Morgan

GCV Rhaffalia-ISSHQ(Saturn)

Intel&Espionage Wing-ISS Fleet