New Members Area

Cmdr Ristar

I want to use this topic for new members. We can post their new profiles along with any questions that new or prospective members might have.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS HQ (Saturn)

Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet/CIOPS

ISS / CIOPS Fleet Home Page

Here is the profile for a new member. Let's all welcome him to the ISS by way of this forum and by email.

His email address is [email protected]

NAME: Commander Ariakus Trilbane (A. Trilbane)

EMAIL: [email protected]

NAME OF VESSEL: Black Hole

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:

Commander Trilbane appears is his late 20's with a lean, fit frame and shoulder length black hair, pulled taught over the scalp and a narrow, hawk-like face and pitch black eyes that appear to reflect everything, providing no window into his thoughts or emotions. His motions are fluid, exact, and with extreme purpose, moving quiet as the wind, yet with the intent of a hurricane. End of Record...

BELIEFS, VALUES, and MORALS:

Not much is known of Commander Trilbane's values. We can accertain from records that he is devoted to duty, although not in the common sense. His first duty seems to be the well-being of his crew. Beyond that, GALCOM's Psych Ward have surmissed that Trilbane's primary goal is acquiring information, often times avoiding mission objectives after obtaining an obscure clue involving secret galactic ongoings. End of Record...

HISTORY:

Access Denied...

BENEFITS:

*Unfazable. He has an uncanny ability to remain absolutely emotionless/calm under any circumstances. We have witnessed flawless responses and actions during crisis situations including; ambushes with 4:1 odds, reactor breaches, unintended planetfall in his battlecruiser, and calmly flying near Gammulan HQ while gathering intel.

*Dedicated to Intelligence. His primary mission, regardless of Galcom objectives, is the acquisition of enemy/friendly, sensitive information.

*He is rarely seen in person or at Galcom bases, having only been seen a handful of times throughout his career. He instead choses to stay distant from any Galcom installations, deep in enemy territory. If his ship is spotted, is is usually in the process of cloaking, and then it is gone. The only interaction Galcom officials have with him is through Mission Transmissions or when he sends encrypted Intelligence Updates.

*Networked. We believe Commander Trilbane has contacts in nearly every facet of the galactic diplomatic structure, from defectors in the Gammulan ranks to Middle level Execs. in Galcom. If something is going down (anywhere), chances are he'll know about it before we do.

*Stalwart crew. When it comes to crack teams, Commander Trilbane's got one. His crew is heavily trained in intel/espionage and react incredibly well under pressure. Competent enough that many intel objectives are handled well before the order is even given by Trilbane, leaving him free for more strategic intelligence mission planning.

FAULTS:

*Often seen as aloof, uncaring and reckless. Galcom takes offence to the Commander bringing the ship within enemy boundaries, dangerously too close to enemy installations, on a daily basis.

*Due to his disregard of Galcom policies and, on occasion, completely disregarding a mission profile, he has acquired multiple violations on his record. Some ultra sensitive/top secret, non-intel related missions have been purposely diverted from his attention for this reason. In the past, this nearly led to the Commander being dishonorably discharged. This was later revoked after deliberations decided that he would probably continue as a freelance intelligence expert, and thought it would be better to deal with his 'eccentricities' than to have someone with his skill possibly working for the enemy.

*The fact that Galcom never sees the Commander, and due to his ability to know top level security issues, he is usually placed at the top of the list when there is a suspected security leak.

*Networked. We KNOW Trilbane has enemies in nearly every facet of the galactic diplomatic structure. This not only causes trouble for the Commander and crew, but for Galcom as well. This level of contacts also causes mistrust in many Galcom officials. If something is going down, there's a pretty good chance Commander Trilbane had a hand in causing it.

*The crew. Seen much in the same light as the Commander as being conceited, or better than other members of Galcom, most crewmembers are not openly welcomed at established Galcom bases, and chose remote planet-side locations in the event of a shore-leave.

Welcome to the ISS, Cmdr Trilbane.

------------------

Guest Trilbane

Commander Trilbane here!

Sorry about the delay in posting, I was waiting for authorization.  Let see, a wee bit about me:

• I just started playing BC3K 2.07 about 2 weeks ago (although I've had the game for a while), and I'll be buggered!┬á Excellent!!┬á Still working on getting my connection back up at home so I can upgrade to 2.09.┬á I'd really like to see some ground units.

• Love flying, been flying sims, both computer (on the C64) sims and one US Air Force Simulator (in a T-2 trainer), since evacuating the womb.

• Most of all, I love being sneaky.┬á I've been playing p&p role plays for a good 10 years, and my favorite character to this day was Ariakus Trilbane, a small scout ship class commander in the Black Ops division--you know, the space faring version of the MI2/MIB, gliding unseen through space gathering info that no-one else would have the gusto(lack of sanity?) to obtain.  Only, we didn't use hand-held flashy things to wipe memories, we preferred tac-nukes or 'accidents'.┬á Let's see, I can't really place him effectively in the BCM universe, so I'll just have to re-invent myself!

Anyway, can't wait to lay the smack down on some poor, uninformed saps because they thought no-one knew about their top-secret mission smile.gif  I guess I could also be used as cannon fodder...

As my first post on this board, I hope this doesn't look TOO screwed up, and I'm not too sure the sig is going to show up or if it's correct smile.gif

Cheers!

------------------

Commander A. Trilbane

GCV Black Hole, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Intel & Espionage - ISS Fleet

[This message has been edited by Trilbane (edited 10-02-2000).]

Welcome to the ISS, Commander Trilbane! smile.gif I'll put your profile on the site soon. I'm going to be real busy the next couple days, so I'll be away from the board. Just letting you all know.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Tactical Support Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

ISS Fleet / CIOPS Homepage

Cmdr Trilbane, your post looks fine. Welcome and I hope you get all the info you need to get started, just ask here or by email if you want to know anything.

Alun, Thanks for letting us know about your absence.

------------------

Here is a new member's biography. Please welcome him to the ISS, and Tringad or Josh, whichever will post this to the ISS Fleet page, please do so. Thanks.

Name: "Defcon"

EMail: [email protected]

ICQ #: None yet

Name of Vessel: GCV-Dauntless

Physical description: Male, Caucasian. 30 years old. Slightly more fit than the average marine. Black hair with brown eyes.

Beliefs, Values, and Morals: Places a priority on the safety of his crew. Always tries to take a minimum-force approach and stealthy approach first. Does not like destruction and killing but will do if theirs no other choice. Does not send a crewmember to do something he wouldn't do too. Treats everyone the same.

History: Born in 2070 AD. Grew up like most other GC/EC military children. Served in high school ROTC. Went to college for two years; has a bachelor in ballistics with a minor in electronics. Joined the Marine's as a W-1 (Warrant officer) as a pilot. Got tired of that and went as a "ground ponder". Gained a security clearance "Secret" in 2099. Called by his callsign he got in pilot training, "Defcon" Is willing to try out new things but has been rejected by GALCOM so many times on ideas and experiments that he has a deep frustration with GALCOM and does not like the REMFs.

2090: Assigned to GCV marine vessel Titan.

2094: Completed 4 years honorably; became "ground ponder". Assigned to GCV-Dauntless.

2095: Participated in a failed raid on Insurgent base on Earth; promoted to a W-2

2096: Lead the assault team that captured the ICV-Redeye; a intelligence gathering vessel

2098: Completed another 4 years honorably; promoted to W-5

2099: (Mostly classified) Came back from *marked out* after *marked out*, came back as a Captain (O-3) and assigned to the Navy. Assigned to the GCV-Avenger and during the battle of *marked out* held the CV-Avenger clear on intruders for about 3 hours until the hyperdrive was fixed.

3000: Given command of the GCV-Dauntless and rank changed to Commander. Awaiting a post at the ISS, if possible

Specialty: Ground Ops, med-evac, capturing

Wing: Tactical Support

Closing Comments: I have registered on the BC3000AD MB under Mikel, however I have not posted on the MB in a long time.

Tringad or Josh, I will send you the Word document file with the faults and benefits on it, for you to use on the web site.

I am finding out whether this new member wants to be in a Marine Career or a Commander Career. Either way he will be in Tactical Support. I'll let you know when he tells me.

------------------

• 1 month later...

I bought BC3K a while back and play it in spurts every now and then, and now that BCM is just around the corner, I thought that I should work myself into the community now rather than during the rush when BCM is released. I've been looking at the different fleets and was thinking about doing something different and fun, like being a merc or an explorer, just for the role playing challenge, but then I looked at ISS's website and saw the emphisis on RPing there. I'll get back to you after 'talking' to my character in my head for a bit (I'm a writer in my spare time, and I always feel that I'm recording what has already happened more than creating it) and seeing what he (or possibly she) is like. I'm already thinking about Defense, but if I come up with a cool speciality, I may try out for Tactical Support.

Looking forward to the Fleet Multiplayer bit, something that will push the already cool BC3K into a whole new breed of cool.

Korivak

Commander, GCV Norfolk

Name: Markus Korivak

Email: [email protected] / [email protected]

ICQ Number (UIN): 42171414

Name of Vessel: GCV Norfolk

Physical Description: Tall and almost ridiculously thin (6'1", 125 lbs). Thick black hair kept short, heavy eyebrow (meets in the middle), heavy facial bone structure, small black goatee and piercing blue eyes make him look slightly creepy, but smiles easily and often when comfortable. Quiet, reserved, and a bit of a misanthrope, but always fair and kind. Wears simple black clothes while off duty. Moves with speed, purpose, and silence. Has a habit of pacing and bouncing his knee, and can often be found walking from one end of the ship to the other, which he jokingly refers to as "long distance pacing". Is rarely serious, being sarcastic and light hearted at any chance, but when the situation is critical, he goes about fixing it with hardly any display of doubt, panic, or indecision.

Beliefs, Values, and Morals: Largely agnostic, strongly against highly organized religion, but lives by the ancient Pagan law known as the Wiccan Reed, "An it hurt none, do what you will" (the 'An' is not a typo for 'and', it means 'If'). Values logic, reason and efficacy, but also strongly values a human side of things, and is friendly and kind at all times. He hates corruption, suppression of a nation of people, rebellion without cause, and random violence, making him a diligent warrior against Raiders, Gammulans, the Insurgents, and all other enemies of Earth and GALCOM (in that order). Dedicates his life to the military because he feels that it is the best way to protect the innocent and punish the guilty, maintain order, and improve the lives of those around him. Values creativity and humour, impatient with people who take things too seriously.

History: Lived on Earth for most of his early life, taking occasional trips to other planets and systems, but always returning to Earth because he felt the most at home there. Joined GALCOM in 3002 for the reasons listed above. Served as Tactical Officer aboard the GCV Independence until it was attacked and severely damaged by Insurgents, resulting in the death of, amongst many others, the Commander. In the panic that followed, Korivak quickly organized the crew and began to create a desperate plan. As the Insurgent forces moved in on the crippled Battlecruiser, attempting a capture, Korivak disabled the only remaining PTA turret, lowered the shields to a mere fraction of its already diminished power, and ordered the Chief Engineer to randomly disable systems to create the illusion that they were even more crippled. Then, he led a squad of Marines who carried an OTS warhead across the entire length and height of the ship to the shuttle bay and loaded it into the least damaged shuttle. A single Marine remained to pilot the shuttle. Korivak then ran back to the bridge just in time to enact his plan. As a single Insurgent Cruiser broke away from the main group to tractor the Independence, Korivak made his move. When the cruiser lowered its shields, he raised his shields as high as they would go and started firing at the Insurgent's bridge with the last turret, and at the same time the shuttle launched and flew towards the waiting Insurgents a short distance away at full afterburner. The shuttle was torn apart by PTA fire, but not before the OTS went off right in front of the Insurgents. With all the Insurgent ships damaged and surprised, Korivak was able to limp off to the jump point before they had recovered and regrouped. A desperate cat and mouse chase across half a quadrant ensued, with the Independence always a few critical seconds ahead of the Insurgents. At one point, the Independence had to land on a small asteroid for a few hours to repair the leaking reactor and a damaged engine while hostiles scoured the area. When Korivak and the small group of injured, radiated survivors finally made it back to GALCOM space, he received a hero's welcome which he didn't enjoy for several reasons, including injuries, mourning for the majority of the crew of the Independence, and a general dislike for large crowds and overly serious situations. GALCOM offered him command of the GCV Independence II and a battle fleet to support her, but Korivak respectfully declined, having never liked the front lines before and especially disliking it now. Korivak recommended the Independence's Flight Officer, who had also proven himself in the long, dangerous voyage home. Korivak them put in an application to ISS Fleet, Defence Wing.

Benefits and Faults:

B1: Gets along with most of the crew because of his laid back, humorous nature. Never gives orders, just suggestions that are followed out of respect. Always fair and kind.

F1: Some of the crew and several of his superiors dislike his style of leadership, his slight impatience with pointless politics, and his shy, misanthropic personality.

B2: Intelligent, creative, and calm. Never panics.

F2: Appears aloof, weak, and cold to some.

B3: Loves Earth, defending her from attacks from criminals, Insurgents, and enemy infiltrators. Doesn't mind staying at home and defending while others are out on conquests.

F3: No longer has the stomach for heavy combat deep within enemy territory. Will follow orders if needed, but would rather avoid casualties and possible death.

B4: Incorruptible defender of the innocent.

F4: Feels mercy for Insurgents and enemy races when they are not actively attacking him. Wishes that he didn't have to fight and kill them, but he does have to, so he does it anyways. Strongly against attacking civilian populations and using more force than is necessary to disarm and weaken the enemy.

What is your speciality? Defensive Patrols, Captured Starstation Defence, OTS Tactics

Which Wing do you wish to join? Defence Wing

Closing Comments: Looking forward to playing with ISS...

Korivak

Commander, GCV Norfolk

[This message has been edited by Korivak (edited 11-14-2000).]

Just a quick note: I'm going to be deer hunting Friday (Nov 17) through Wednesday (Nov 22) and won't be able to check email or Commlink (seeing as how I'll be camping in a gas-lit, wood-heated, off-the-power-grid single room cabin or a tree stand most of the time), so I'd like to have an answer as to if I'm in the Fleet or not before I leave Friday evening...not essential, but it would be nice.

Also, check out my BC website, gcv-norfolk.iwarp.com. I've only spent about thirty minutes on it so far, but I'll be adding more over time.

[RP]

I'm looking forward to serving the ISS to the best of my ability. I'm been reading up on the history of the fleet and the officers, and I would be proud to serve alongside you all. I also volunteer myself for any fleet duties that officers wish to delegate out. If I may speak frankly, some of you are wearing so many different 'hats' that I'm surprised your necks don't break.

I've enjoyed my scrap of time off after the GCV Independence disaster, but it's time to get back on to the bridge of a ship again, and hopefully in the big seat this time, not just as Tac Officer.

Awaiting ordersKorivak out.

[/RP]

Korivak

Commander, GCV Norfolk

GCV Norfolk, CO Korivak

Welcome to the ISS, I hope that you enjoy it here. There has not been alot of activity here, but don't be alarmed, many of the members are busy at work or school, and I know of many who have been sick, as I have been. If you have any quesitons please let me or anyone else in the fleet know.

------------------

I added Cmdr John, and Cmdr Korivak to the fleet database. So all the current members please welcome these new commanders to our ranks. Cmdr. John is an Elite Force Pilot and wants to be assigned to CIOPS' fighter wing. Cmdr Korivak is on a Commander career path and will be assigned to Defense Wing.

Once again Commanders, welcome to the ISS and CIOPS and if you have any questions or ideas feel free to post them here.

------------------

For Cmdr Dilvorn:

[RP]

Commander Korivak, reporting for duty, sir.

A few questions, if I may, sir?

• What is the motto, if any, for Defence Wing?

• I wish to request assignment to Flight Group Sol, pending your approval.

• When will I know what my commissioned asset will be?

Thank you, sir.

[/RP]

------------------

Commander Markus Korivak

GCV Norfolk (pending commission), ISSHQ(Saturn)

ISS, Defense Wing

ISS Fleet Defence Wing GCV Norfolk

"What is the motto (if any) for Defence Wing?"

[This message has been edited by Korivak (edited 11-16-2000).]