General BCM Demo Discussion

aramike

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded the new demo last nite. Today I installed and played...WOW!!! Having purchased the orginal version in a store back in '96 (CD copywrited 1995), I have enjoyed this game and continue to enjoy. Thanks to all involved in making this new version and patching the original version.

If I may ask, the demo readme page lists five items for episode 1, two of which are career modes. Was this included?

Again, thanks for all your efforts!!!

Yes, they are in the demo, but remember; they aren't the Instant Action and Career Play are different. Instant Action cannot be saved, and will put you in a mission instantly. Career mode is where you run in Free Play (like in BC3k), where you just do whatever you want, but attack all enemies and such, or you can start a Campaign.

Career mode can be saved, and you actually put your name, age, and other info in the game.

Finally remember that the universe in the demo isn't the universe in the galaxy map (check your start menu folder). The one in the map is the one in the final game.

BCM release date: 5/27/01--EB Games

Nova:

Slight correction. To my knowledge no version of the BC seies has allowed you to put in your age, the only info you have been allowed to choose about alter ego is your name and Asset name. To save a game in ROAM/Campaign All you have to type is what you want the game to be called in the save game screen.

[ 04-16-2001: Message edited by: Eclipse ]

Ok, ok. Now the post from Cmdr Nova has me confused. I asked the question originally because the menu allows me to select Quit, Instant Action and Configure. If career play is a different mode, then its not selectable in my menu. I also thought I read some where on this board that the Save was disabled in the demo.

quote:

Ok, ok. Now the post from Cmdr Nova has me confused.

Join the club

quote:

I asked the question originally because the menu allows me to select Quit, Instant Action and Configure.

Only IA scenarios are included in the demo.

quote:

If career play is a different mode,

It is

quote:

then its not selectable in my menu.

Its not

quote:

I also thought I read some where on this board that the Save was disabled in the demo.

It is

Just a question SC, have you thought of an instant update option in the game menu that you could use to get patches from this site automatically? Or is it something that's a little impractical to impliment?

SC, after working with the first part of the beta program, I feel a little cramped in the demo.

Love the changes to the perscan screen it's all running so smoooooth. You guys are doing a great job.

See you out there...

'MAX'