BCM Episode 2 Release News

It will be released on 06-20-01

The readme file has been updated. Later, I will upload the final version, which contains the tips section for the E2 demo.

This demo will be based on the v2.3.06.02 kernel as per the VCF, which will also be releaed today (the current version out to testers is v2.3.06)

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, SC! I KNOW I'm gonna love it!

I was going to sleep, when I found this new post. Well, um.......

---

Later this morning....

Curled up in a ball, in a corner, rocking back and forth mumbling:

Can't sleep........

Must wait for BCM Demo2...........

Need Caffine...................

Afternoon/Night....

Glued to computer screen checking out planets and stuff, half-awake, half-asleep, drinking some heavily caffinated drink to keep that one half awake. Playing BCM non-stop.

---

Well, I think that's going to be my day today. Just kidding! I have a life, which means I might or might not have the time to download and play it (hopefully the first one --crosses fingers--)

Lol! Good night, U.S.A.!

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

WHEN! WHEN!!!!! WHAT TIME!!!!!!! I WANT THE HOUR! I WANT THE MINUTE, THE SECOND!!!!! AAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few times later...

drooooollll......

We'll at which point my computer needs an upgrade...

If I had 3 fps in space in a calm situation, what will I have on land? (640x480x16)

On another computer (1024x768x32), I had 50 fps (ATI rage fury MAXX 64mb baby!), what will I have?

Patience, Warpcore. If SC says today, it's today, man. He's still probably uploading it somewhere and contacting the host sites to retrieve and update their download pages.

Maybe try this:

"Come again!" - Apu (The Simpsons)

Uh, try doing that once every half-hour. I'll be going back and forth like that all day.

Hope I get to stay in today. Really want to play demo 2.......

Guest dnoyeB!

You have 2 do better with the forwarning.

I stayed up last night playing Diablo2, now I'm all pooped out. How am I supposed to stay up all night playin BC?

Yours truly,

Sleepy...

Check GNN for more news on this.

quote:

Will the Second Demo Episode come with more of the optimizations enabled? I remembered reading the readme of Episode 1, which said they were disabled for the time being. Just wanted to know.

Yes. Its based on the fully optimized v2.3.xx kernel. But don't expect miracles if you only have the minimum system requirements. And unlike the E1 demo, the E2 demo will be a release build and with no debug code in it. So, it will run as fast as possible.

To see all kernel updates since the E1 demo was released, check the VCF

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Hey, some excerpts from GNN:

• DEV DIARY UPDATE

The Dev Diary has been updated with some development related issues

• BATTLECRUISER DEMO EPISODE TWO

The much awaited and eagerly anticipated BCM Episode 2 demo is being released today. Whatever you do, don't camp my site, my email, my discussion forum or outside my house. Today lasts until midnight. :-). To see whats in this episode and for more info, check out the Demo Readme File.

Yep, just read the 2nd section above........

geez its already thursday 11.00 and i stil cant download it. Pain in kybosh when your a day ahead

four hours left in your day gone campimg

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Falcon ]

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Falcon ]

hummmmm..... Might feel a cold coming on.....might have to take tommrow off! j/k... i really cant take the day off...but i can stay up all night!!!

How big is the demo going to be( looks at skinny 64k isdn line) i sure how they bring cable DSL here soon!

Guest dnoyeB!

I had ISDN, in fact I stil do because its a cheap way of getting 2 phone lines here in detroit. Also had tryi.com for $12/month ISDN. VERY cheap. Its good for EVERYTHING but downloading I like always on too so im cable now after DSL went bankrupt and kept about $300 of my doe...

Hey I wasnt checking to see if the game was released yet cause SC said not too honestly

I dont care when its released...long as I get my pipe in first