Tutorial

uss7voyager

Hi everybody, I would just like to say Im the newist "newbie" to the fourm and to the game. But however.. I am not a "newbie" in the pc gameing world. I am a rather good FPS and RTS. I read about BCM on the net. and the whole Idea of it made me go out to the mall to EB and ask for it. not relizeing it wasnt out yet so today I downloaded the first demo. and even the LC version looked VERY VERY VERY GREAT!!!!! I loved it!!!!!!! but, like I said Im a newbie and all I could do was fly around with a very big grin on my face. Anyway...let me get to the whole point of my topic....

In the final version released in stores, will there be like a tutorial mission? or a very good guide book? because this is gonna take me some time to learn.

But (if the guys who made the game read this) u made a very kick butt game!

ohh great! I have a feeling Im gonna have to read before I play then...most games I rip out and install ASAP lol...Belive me I would have pre ordered the game ages ago, but Im not old enough to have a credit card. and me mums not to fond of useing hers online.

one other quick question, in the final version will there be an option to be a trader? or is that just online? I cant wait to pop up during a big fight offering spare parts. I have to have a good ship though...dont want the other ships thinking Im takeing sides. Ahh well g2g! *Pulls out printed copy of readme for the demo and starts to read*

BTW, thank you guys who replyed!

Yes, you'll have to read. And alot. But it's worth it, I can sure that.

Castes?

BCM:

• Military

• Earthcom (terran only)

• Insurgent (terran only)

• Explorer

• Police

• Scientist

• Raider

• Assassin

• Diplomat

• Mercenary

• Paramedic

• Trader

• Commercial

All that in BCM. In GCO you will be able to play more castes, including tourist and journalist.

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

voyager, if you'd like to pre-order BCM, you can send me a check and I'll use my credit card to place the pre-order for you at EB.

Of course that means you'd have to trust me. If it's any help, I'm a reputated member of this community and have been around for several years (the oldest veterans and the Supreme Commander himself can confirm this).

So if you decide to go ahead, just drop me a line.

Thank you both for offering to pre-order for me;however (if) EB is right on the release date for BCM (Sept.4th) which I hope they are!(anybody know for sure, I live in the U.S) so thats really only 12 days away until then Ill try not to play the demos more than 90 times a day *biggrin* Erm, the game will be comming with a good manual right? Battle Cruiser 3000 came with a dinky pamplet. Ohh well

Thanks again

Nick

Only the SC knows for sure if it's (going to be) valid. And he says he didn't come up with that date in the first place. So do the math yourself as to it's merrit. Good chance being zilch.

It's ready when it's ready...

// pseudo-code on

IF Lead_Developer=="Derek Smart" THEN GetSizeOfHelpFile("BCM.hlp")=MaxUnsignedInt; /* size = 4GB */

ENDIF

// pseudo-code off

4GB??? Well, you get the meaning, right? BC3K's (first release) manual was the work of Take2 and/or Gametek I believe. The SC worked his butt off on a replacement for it IIRC. The result you should have now, or if you don't, is available for download for ages.

p.s. I guess I'm happy it's pseudo-code and not supposed to be C.

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

Dude, I understand it will be ready when its ready, I was mearly stateing that if EB is correct it will be out the 4th. I understand with all the people going on about it takes them so long. my motto is "The longer they take, the bigger, better it is" and they could take a whole nother year and add all there features in. I would mind that, but hey the game would be more!

cheers,

Nick

My mistake, I checked out Eb today, and it has been pushed back to September 18th. Well like I aid in my last post, the longer we wait, the better the game will be

Have a nice day everybody.

p.s. My new keyboard woorks great! I guess thats why Im typeing alot with it. Its got a whole bunch of neat features. But this isnt the place to talk about it. Well bye