Ship Assignments

Any mercenary commander can command any cruiser or transport, as in the Assets Selection Page. Also, the information for available ships for other castes is in there as well.

To see the specific ships, you might need to see the Ships Specs file, bundled with BCM Episode 1 Demo.

---

At one point, SC uploaded the file to the 3000ad Server, but the link is a 404 now. I did upload the files (with some ship images), to my AOL FTP Server. Download it here. (960,223 Bytes; ZIP File)

[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

(When I was still a merc,) I asked aramike for a SpaceStar Super Cruiser, and he set it up, on the Fleet DB.

----

I don't remember aramike saying any such thing about which cruisers people can have. So, I'm asking why, can't you have those heavy cruisers? They're not as good as my SpaceStar (which I still own in Orion Fleet). I mean, its only a heavy cruiser, compared to my super cruiser (excuse me if I sound like I'm bragging).

---

I even took the time to upload the zip file, so I suggest everyone researches the ships, and their stats (speed, weapons, HyperJump recharge times, HJ transit times, etc..), like I did, before choosing one.

You should always choose wisely, because in BCM, you just might regret your choice.

*goes and knees*

Can I pleeeease have my stormcarrier?

I'll be really careful with it! really I will! Gammulans honour*

heh really tho, can I have the stormcarrier untill SC releases info about other alien military?

And i'm also the ONLY Gam military so i need to protect myself!

I'm sure you 'should', but they'll have to decide. The Asset Choices page says: "Only GAMMULAN MILITARY COMMANDER [race/caste/career] has access to the STORMCARRIER super carrier".

Someone told me that the FAQ's and Fleet Info pages are official (as in SC's orders), until he updates them, so that is most likely yes.

quote:

I mean, its only a heavy cruiser, compared to my super cruiser

heh. I was only looking at the fire pow-a.

must have super crusier... and after long gruling research a Starcarrier Super Cruiser is the one for me.

OK, here's what we'll do:

As a merc, you can have any HEAVY CRUISER you want -- not a super cruiser.

As a member of an alien military, you can have any HEAVY CRUISER or HEAVY CARRIER that you want -- no super cruisers or carriers to start with.

Herro: why do you need a Stormcarrier right now when you won't be using it? I'm trying to get the DB ready for use in MP, so I don't want to do placebo assignments.

Nova:

quote:

(When I was still a merc,) I asked aramike for a SpaceStar Super Cruiser, and he set it up, on the Fleet DB.

That was before I realized what I was doing and the pandora's box I was opening.

Jigoku: I've set your asset as a Solnar in the DB.

• 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Herro YuY:

And i'm also the ONLY Gam military so i need to protect myself!

Under which rock have you been under? You have some Gammulan friends now Check out thes thread!

For all you Gammulan Military out there requesting a Stormcarrier (or something else): Hopefully we won't be under Misc.Race/Cast much longer And as Head of Gammulan War Council, I have the ability to change your ship if requested.

quote:

Originally posted by Kenada:

Hey Aramike, could I have a
TARIN MK2
please?

Sorry the T. mk2 is an armed transport, and as lame it's defense are (from a military point of view...) it's still armed, and traders aren't allowed armed transport. only unarmed ==> lrt-10, lrt-15, mrt-15

quote:

Originally posted by Kenada:

Well... being a trader, I cant even get a ship with a pea shooter on it... Thats depressing... Ill have to sling rubber bands off my starboard deck!

heh, just open the cargohold and start firing vagrants