Hmm...

R. T. Maxwell

You know, I joined this fleet a while back and the only member I think I've spoken to is Dreada (if he's still a member, that is). I thought I might be helpful by offering my uh... "abilities."

I can do the following:

Host a site (no, really!)

Write Perl scripts

Write stories (but plenty of you do that already)

Make websites in general...

I don't know what you people need at the moment, but I'm willing to lend a hand. My specs won't run BCM so I might as well do SOMETHING. wink.gif

Anyhow, I'm bored a lot and if someone gave me something interesting to do... everyone might benefit. Heh.

------------------

Robert Thomas Maxwell

GCV Desideratus

http://powerpub.net

"Leave the repairs to the techs. Leave the mass destruction to ME."

Learn GBS now and make some mission scripts. What you learn now will reap rewards when BCM hits the street biggrin.gif

P.S. Ye can always test ye written skills in the RP thread eek.gif

TTFN

------------------

Fleet Commander Gallion

(Pro Tem)

GCV Graf Spee, Starbase Cerberus

Fleet Leader - Wraith Fleet (Pro Tem)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/Corsair Wing

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

Corsair Cove

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Leader, Team 1

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 12-27-2000).]

RT, the Wraith Website has a LOT of opportunities for you to do stuff. You can put up your own private quarters, your office, a bar/store/whatever (bc3k related) and there are some areas in the website that still need to be done cwm11.gif

Any help you can lend would be quite welcome.

I wasn't here when you joined, so let me give ya a late "Welcome Aboard"! =)

(btw, forgive my ignorance, what is "perl"?)

I might have a job for you, if you want.

I know ziltch HTML, but I foolishly created a website for Fighter Command anyways, here. I want to add a couple more pages, but the "idiot editor" I was using expired (shareware) and I can't find another decent one with WYSIWYG. If your intrested, email me at "[email protected]"

Oh, that reminds me. FYI, I've switch services, so my new email address is "[email protected]". The Earthlink one is gone, and I haven't finsihed configuring Netscape for the AT&T one. I'm using the Hotmail for now. I'll ICQ or email you folks when of finsihed switching.

------------------

Commander David "Whipser" Liev

GCV Bold Voyager, WRAITH HQ(LYRIUS)

Leader- Wraith Fleet/Wraith Fighter Command

"The underestimated weapon will deal overestimated havoc."

http://www.geocities.com/cmdliev/flightroster.html

I actually have the entire GBS manual printed out around here somewhere... Never took the time to learn it, I suppose I'm saving it for a rainy day.

The main reason I haven't started any RP threads is because I'm concerned about affecting things already written. It wouldn't do to write something that conflicts with established history, after all...

I imagine I could just write something about my own ship and leave everyone else out of it, but that's hardly the spirit of RP. wink.gif

------------------

Robert Thomas Maxwell

GCV Desideratus

http://www.the-journeyman.com

• 2 weeks later...

So what did ye end up doing RT? cwm30.gif

------------------

Fleet Commander Tac

GCV Usagi, Wraith HQ(Lyrius)

Fleet Leader - Wraith Fleet

Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

"When did they put this thing here and WTF is it for?"

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 01-08-2001).]

I haven't done anything as of yet... although I could conceivably set up a site section. If anyone cares to give me the appropriate info, I could get started on that. I have a small idea for a section, hopefully original enough that no one else has done it. wink.gif

Tac, "perl" is one of the most popular scripting languages around. I write programs in it all the time... although it seems to be on its way out, what with things like ASP and PHP being around. Ah well...

I really ought to post more, it just seems I hardly ever have something to say. smile.gif

------------------

Robert Thomas Maxwell

GCV Desideratus

http://www.the-journeyman.com